Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2020 NBA Draft Who You Got?

2020 NBA Draft Who You Got?

With the draft going down tonight the Pels have 3 picks, and we could use them all for our team, or look to trade them all to try and find a rotational player.

So what would you like to see the Pels draft should we keep those picks, or what would you like to see done in a trade?

We have picks #13, #24, & #39.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 11-18-2020 at 12:21 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

We do not have all of those picks. #60 is definitely gone to the Bucks, and #42 may be as well although there has been conflicting reports on that.
    Basketball.

#13- Saddiq Bey (Nova #13, #24, #39, #42, #60 (Nove has put out solid players recently, and Bey is the next best)
    #24- Vernon Carey ( We have a bean poke in Hayes, now we get an Oliver Miller type in Carey)
    #39- Sam Merrill (I like the idea of an old rookie who can shoot the lights out of the gym)
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 11-18-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Assuming we have #13, #24, and #39, and we use them all, I'd be happy with any of the following:

#13:
    - Killian Hayes - Best two way guard prospect in the class with a really exciting development curve and professional experience.
    - Devin Vassell - Genius team defender with strong shooting skills including off the dribble, and has shown flashes of playmaking skill.
    - Tyrese Maxey - High level guard defender and elite finisher at the rim whose playmaking and shooting was better than Kentucky showed.
    - Kira Lewis Jr - Extremely fast point guard with a promising shot and strong defensive instincts who ran a good SEC offense at 17 and 18 years old.
    - Aleksej Pokusevski - Needs a ton of physical development but has absurd upside with defensive flashes, movement shooting, and on-ball playmaking at 7 feet tall.

#24:
    - Desmond Bane - Best shooter in the class including off the dribble, plays good team defense and is a really solid extra passer.
    - Malachi Flynn - PnR maestro who isn't really bad at anything and is probably going to be good immediately.
    - Xavier Tillman - Most capable and versatile defensive big in the class with high level decision making and fantastic short roll passing.
    - Grant Riller - Single most impressive scoring package for a guard in the class, including being an alien at finishing, but is a bit old and not great on D.

#39:
    - Cassius Winston - Old and short, hence the second round pick, but a very special shot maker who will clearly shoot well at the NBA level.
    - Sam Merrill - Already 24, but a really great shooting prospect with team defensive abilities and solid decision making.
    - Nate Hinton - Outlier rebounder for his size with promising perimeter defense and a solid enough shot (75th %ile c&s).
    - Killian Tillie - Injury concerns drag him down but if he was healthy he'd be a top 15 pick: perfect mix of decision making, shooting, passing, and versatile defense for a modern NBA big.
    - Paul Reed - Super high level defensive instincts, but the concerns are there for his fairly empty offensive game where his path to NBA success is unclear.

Edit: added one sentence justifications
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 11-18-2020 at 10:37 AM.

If Patrick Williams falls past 7 we trade up for him.

If Vassel falls past 9 we trade up for him.

If we stay at #13 Josh Green.

If we don't trade up

13- Saddiq Bey

24- Jalen Smith

Sell the rest of the picks

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    #13- Saddiq Bey (Nova #13, #24, #39, #42, #60 (Nove has put out solid players recently, and Bey is the next best)
    #24- Vernon Carey ( We have a bean poke in Hayes, now we get an Oliver Miller type in Carey)
    #39- Sam Merrill (I like the idea of an old rookie who can shoot the lights out of the gym)
    #42- Sell
    Yeah I wouldn?t sleep on Carey at that position. He?s not a player I would prefer to take that early, but if our coaches are confident they can help compensate for his lack of speed with training and maybe weight loss then I could buy in. I could really see us taking Dok with our 39th pick if we are looking for a niche big that can handle the big boys. We need one of those if we don?t plan on re-signing Favors.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Yeah I wouldn?t sleep on Carey at that position. He?s not a player I would prefer to take that early, but if our coaches are confident they can help compensate for his lack of speed with training and maybe weight loss then I could buy in. I could really see us taking Dok with our 39th pick if we are looking for a niche big that can handle the big boys. We need one of those if we don?t plan on re-signing Favors.
    Surely if your concern is keeping a big body centre around for spot occasions you just resign Okafor for the minimum?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Surely if your concern is keeping a big body centre around for spot occasions you just resign Okafor for the minimum?
    I must admit that Dok is a guilty pleasure of mine. He is a unit. I wouldn?t be surprised with anyone we take in the 2nd round because we have so many holes to fill.

I must admit that Dok is a guilty pleasure of mine. He is a unit. I wouldn?t be surprised with anyone we take in the 2nd round because we have so many holes to fill.
    Dok Rivers?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Dok Rivers?
    Udoka Azubuike

He's definitely a very big human being, if nothing else is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Udoka Azubuike

He's definitely a very big human being, if nothing else is true.
    ohhhh

Bulls a big chance to take Williams at 4

If we stay put...

At 13: POKU (shooting big who can pass)
    At 24: Bane (young shooter who fits the BI/ZW timeline post-JJ/Harris)
    At 39: Tillie (Low Risk pick here for injury ridden lottery type)
    At 42: Pritchard (Developmental Point - I could be dead wrong here)

We don't have 42

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    We don't have 42
    Is that confirmed?

I like Saadiq Bey and Aaron Nehsmith... would prefer Nehsmith if I had to choose between the 2 because of his ability to knock down shots. If we could somehow get both I'd be ecstatic. Get Bey then trade back up from 24 to take NehSmith. 2 good young wings.

We have a roster full of PGs along with the kid in Australia (why can't I think of his name... getting old sucks). We could use a big too I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Is that confirmed?
    Yeah by Will Guillory and others

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2020/...tent=home-hero

‘LaMelo Ball thinks he would be a great fit next to his brother Lonzo‘

Oh no

You know... Im calling something different. I say we trade Bledsoe (and next year's lakers first) tonight to the Pistons for Luke Kennard and Tony Snell. Then use 13 and 24 to trade up to either get Onyeka or use both those picks to get solid players like a PG and a C

Oh no
    Lord help us lol

Oh no

I'd really love to grab another stash late in the 1st. Most guys love Poku but I'd prefer Bolmaro. I think he could come over in 2 years absolutely ready to produce on a playoff team, and will also most likely be an asset in trades as long as he doesn't flame out. He's in that Nic Batum/Joe Ingles mold that would be incredible alongside Zion

The questions about Poku's work ethic and attitude, in conjunction with his extremely slight figure, are enough for me to be out unless he falls dramatically.

Prediction is the Pels end up with Pat Williams/Vassel and Maxey. I think they trade their 2021 with protections and 13 pick to move up to get the wing, then use either Hill and Bledsoe plus 24 to move up for Maxey. With the amount of assets and future picks they have available, I don't see them sitting on their hands hoping a guy thy like falls. Package two quarters for 50 cents and get your guys

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    What do you think about getting Lamelo? I bet y?all that?s what will happen. Some of y?all will be super pissed but I wonder if he could be REALLY good and it would be nice to say the Pelicans have BALLS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information