Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Jrue to the Bucks

Just because they like someone. Doesn't mean a better prospect won't fall to them or get snatched. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think Bey will be a 7th or 8th man at best and wouldn't crack the playoff rotation of a high calibre team, which is not true of Josh Hart. Bey would be a kinda disappointing pick at 23, let alone 13.
    I?ll trust your judgement on this one. I just think there?s something to be said for Kentucky and Villanova players. They play within a system in college, and are usually better in the pros.

But,again, my draft research is based on what I?ve read. I haven?t watched much of Bey, so I?ll trust your judgement. Maxey is my guy at 13

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I?ll trust your judgement on this one. I just think there?s something to be said for Kentucky and Villanova players. They play within a system in college, and are usually better in the pros.

But,again, my draft research is based on what I?ve read. I haven?t watched much of Bey, so I?ll trust your judgement. Maxey is my guy at 13
    There is something to be said about them, and you do have to kind of learn what certain colleges show, but I think that Kentucky and Villanova actually have kind of opposite effects in college.

Kentucky players are often restricted by the system, and put in really sub-optimal positions. We see this time and again: Maxey being forced into an almost entirely off-ball role this year next to Hagans, or KAT not being allowed to shoot threes, or Bam not being given major ball-handler opportunities. This is a flaw and a strength for Kentucky, in that it's a system, sure, but it's also got a tendency to really minimise players outlier skills. That's why I've said before that if a player is good at Kentucky but not great, I like looking at their pre-college sample to see what might be being suppressed. Maxey is actually a great example of that, because while he was never an incredible passer, he showed much more skill in it pre-college, and his shot development was nicer pre-Kentucky too.

Villanova, on the other hand, tends to kind of maximise roleplayers in a way that shields a lot of their flaws, rather than suppressing their strengths. Of course there's something to be said about the maturity and the attitude that comes with accepting that team position, but it also makes guys often look a bit better than they are: FSU can be the same sometimes. What you have to look for is less the system, and more the fluid, reactive elements of the player's game in order to try and separate out what they are versus what the system provides. Bey is someone who I think was quite good at college, but whose individual skills - his handle, his fluidity of motion, his anticipation, his hip mobility, his footspeed, etc - will have trouble translating at a high level in the NBA. Like I say, that doesn't mean he won't be 'a guy', he will probably have a career, but it's not enough to make me take him that highly.

Maxey at 13? I like it. Bey? No bueno.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Just because they like someone. Doesn't mean a better prospect won't fall to them or get snatched. Calm down.
    This is important to note. Someone usually falls. There could well be someone you like, but are certain you won't get, and then somehow they're there at 13.

Maxey at 13? I like it. Bey? No bueno.
    No Beyueno

Trust your own judgement on this one. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Trust your own judgement on this one. Trust me.
    I agree.

I'm giving my opinions. They're opinions that are based on a lot of film watching, stat tracking, reading, etc, but they're just my takes at the end of the day. If you have some conviction that Bey is super hot stuff, then that's your take. I disagree and it's something we can discuss but at the end of the day you're allowed to disagree.

If you change your mind it should be because you've been convinced, not just because of wholesale acceptance.

Has someone replaced your comma button with the ? button on your keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Its not speculation

And as for 13...they like Bey and Maxey
    Something about Maxey I really like. I think he could be a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Something about Maxey I really like. I think he could be a good player.
    He's got a great attitude, he's a really good finisher, he's quick and fairly agile, and a defensive hardnose. Better passing and shooting prospect than he got to show at Kentucky.

People keep saying Halliburton but I don’t think he’s the target, Lonzo will fit SVGs system very well, if we trade up I think it’s for Pat Williams or Vassel

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    People keep saying Halliburton but I don’t think he’s the target, Lonzo will fit SVGs system very well, if we trade up I think it’s for Pat Williams or Vassel
    Halliburton can play SG. If you read his draft profiles from various analysts, he compares favorably to Jrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Halliburton can play SG. If you read his draft profiles from various analysts, he compares favorably to Jrue.
    This is extremely inaccurate.

Edit: just to clarify: Haliburton is a better shooter than Jrue has been for years, but Jrue is a far *Far* superior ballhandler, with a much more usable handle, and a light-years better off-the-dribble creator and finisher at the rim. Also, while Haliburton does project as a decent defender, he has severe strength and balance issues that mean he'll probably never be even close to the 1-4 defender Jrue was when it comes to versatility.

Player comps are never perfect, but whoever is saying Haliburton is like Jrue needs their eyes checking.

Gosh, I miss Jrue already.

He's definitely the type of role model you want your kids to see. I will always root for him.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I think Bey will be a 10-15 year NBA player. He may not be a top tier starter, but he will be a routine contributor. Not the worst pick in the world. I?d rather him than some boom or bust potential player.

Also, just a gut feeling, Anthony Edwards will be Ben McLemore 2.0.
    perhaps, but Edwards is a much more aggressive player; hence willing to use his athleticism to get to the rack

Per 36:

Jrue Holiday:
    19.8 PPG
    6.9 APG
    5.0 RPG
    3.1 TO’s

45% FG
    35% 3FG
    70% FT

Eric Bledsoe:
    19.9 PPG
    7.2 APG
    6.2 RPG
    3.2 TO’s

47% FG
    34% 3FG
    79% FT

5 picks for a lateral move because one really sucks in the playoffs.

That’s a win.

Per 36:

Jrue Holiday:
    19.8 PPG
    6.9 APG
    5.0 RPG
    3.1 TO?s

45% FG
    35% 3FG
    70% FT

Eric Bledsoe:
    19.9 PPG
    7.2 APG
    6.2 RPG
    3.2 TO?s

47% FG
    34% 3FG
    79% FT

That?s a win.
    Meh. I agree that it is an overpay by Milwaukee for sure, but you have to take into account

A. The clownshoes organization that Jrue played for as opposed to Bledsoe
    B. They would still be locked into an unfavorable deal with Bledsoe having multiple years left and Jrue expiring at least gives them flexibility if things go tits up. Likelihood is Jrue extends if Giannis extends as well.

Per 36:

Jrue Holiday:
    19.8 PPG
    6.9 APG
    5.0 RPG
    3.1 TO?s

45% FG
    35% 3FG
    70% FT

Eric Bledsoe:
    19.9 PPG
    7.2 APG
    6.2 RPG
    3.2 TO?s

47% FG
    34% 3FG
    79% FT

That?s a win.
    Great job...I said in a earlier post he was Holiday's clone; you proved it. The only thing they got was three inches in height.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Meh. I agree that it is an overpay by Milwaukee for sure, but you have to take into account

A. The clownshoes organization that Jrue played for as opposed to Bledsoe
    B. They would still be locked into an unfavorable deal with Bledsoe having multiple years left and Jrue expiring at least gives them flexibility if things go tits up. Likelihood is Jrue extends if Giannis extends as well.
    Same clownshoes organization that paired him with AD? Same one that was extremely respectful when he had personal issues going on? Same one that put him in his best position by going after Rondo and Lonzo so he could play OFF ball with less pressure? And lastly, same one that was paying him $20 mil and gave him a chance to lead this franchise?

Those clowns?

Same clownshoes organization that paired him with AD? Same one that was extremely respectful when he had personal issues going on? Same one that put him in his best position by going after Rondo and Lonzo so he could play OFF ball with less pressure? And lastly, same one that was paying him $20 mil and gave him a chance to lead this franchise?

Those clowns?
    +1

Basketball Guru

Those clowns?

good post..

ahem...paying him $25mil. New Orleans was very good to Jrue Holiday.

Those clowns?
    Same one that appointed Gentry? Same one that traded for Asik? Same one that gave Solomon Hill a sizable contract based on nothing more than a purple patch in the postseason? Same one that maintained radio silence for the duration of Zion?s injury? Same one that drove AD to request a trade midseason? Yes. That organization

Thread Information