Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Jrue to the Bucks

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Again, Bledsoe won't be here. Pels already working with Klutch on landing spots
    What would a return for Bledsoe look like considering his salary? I would assume the Pels could send him to a contender for something decent.

Again, Bledsoe won't be here. Pels already working with Klutch on landing spots
    I told them that yesterday too. Even posted your tweets. Anyway good work.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I told them that yesterday too. Even posted your tweets. Anyway good work.
    He knows: he was here too.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    What would a return for Bledsoe look like considering his salary? I would assume the Pels could send him to a contender for something decent.
    There are a few options including NY, Philly, the Clips, a few others. They will find him a home. His salary is actually not bad - its basically a two year deal paying average starter salary for a guy who is above average in the regular season. But the main thing Griff is trying to accomplish is getting something in that deal to help him get up to the 4-8 range.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    I think we are pretty good in the guard position. If anything we should be working to get us a worldclass beastmode center with the right timeline. I vote Myles Turner...lets go.
    I cannot stop laughing at the combination of the phrases
    ''Wordclass beastmode center'' and ''Myles Turner''

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I hope the target is Tyrese Halliburton to eventually fill Jrue’s role.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I cannot stop laughing at the combination of the phrases
    ''Wordclass beastmode center'' and ''Myles Turner''
    Systems and fit.

Looking at what Zion Williamson is now and at what he could become, Turner's skillset fits perfectly with that. Looking at what SVG has done in the past with traditional big men and stretch big men, Turner fits perfectly with that. I could see Myles Turner ascending several tiers being with SVG and alongside Zion.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

There are a few options including NY, Philly, the Clips, a few others. They will find him a home. His salary is actually not bad - its basically a two year deal paying average starter salary for a guy who is above average in the regular season. But the main thing Griff is trying to accomplish is getting something in that deal to help him get up to the 4-8 range.
    Curious to see who his target is. I know you have speculated Haliburton or Williams. Will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Systems and fit.

Looking at what Zion Williamson is now and at what he could become, Turner's skillset fits perfectly with that. Looking at what SVG has done in the past with traditional big men and stretch big men, Turner fits perfectly with that. I could see Myles Turner ascending several tiers being with SVG and alongside Zion.
    Maybe so, but the leap between where Myles Turner is now and ''worldclass beastmode'' is pretty massive. It's not just a few tweaks here and there, it's a significant gulf.

It's fine to say ''Myles Turner could be a good fit alongside Zion and he fits our timeline, maybe we should look into acquiring him with some of these assets''. It's quite another to say ''we should be looking for a worldclass beastmode center... Myles Turner''.

In any case I don't actually think that Myles Turner is the perfect fit that many have argued: on paper maybe, but as Ive said before whenever he comes up, he's regressed quite heavily on defense over the last few years and his shooting gravity is not reflected in his percentage due to his slow release and severe gun-shy nature. Maybe that would change here, that's an argument you can make, but ''worldclass beastmode center'' he is not.

It does make logical sense to reroute Bledsoe with an already crowded backcourt but I haven't read that anywhere. Philly seems the most logical trading partner.

Maybe some kind of 3 way deal that moves the pelicans up in the lottery for the price of taking on Al horford.

I'm convinced Beldsoe's value is negative though. But close enough to neutral that he's moveable, but I would expect a worse contract coming back if we are going to get any value out of him
    Last edited by Pelifan; 11-17-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Curious to see who his target is. I know you have speculated Haliburton or Williams. Will be interesting.
    Its not speculation

And as for 13...they like Bey and Maxey

Its not speculation

Eww not Bey

Its not speculation

Oohhh that's a knife edge.

Maxey at 13? Good pick. Bey at 13? No fun at all.

The talking heads have been amusing. And lots of casual fans that haven't watched much Pelicans basketball.

I'm hearing all these descriptions of Jrue that make that obvious. He's a "closer"?? He's a bonafide "2nd option"?? He's an "efficient scorer"??

I wish Jrue much success but, they're killing me.

I still reckon we'll move up from 13 anyway based on the Fletch Tweet

We see eye to eye on that but again....culture. Villanova guys help your culture

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Systems and fit.

100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Maybe so, but the leap between where Myles Turner is now and ''worldclass beastmode'' is pretty massive. It's not just a few tweaks here and there, it's a significant gulf.

It's fine to say ''Myles Turner could be a good fit alongside Zion and he fits our timeline, maybe we should look into acquiring him with some of these assets''. It's quite another to say ''we should be looking for a worldclass beastmode center... Myles Turner''.

In any case I don't actually think that Myles Turner is the perfect fit that many have argued: on paper maybe, but as Ive said before whenever he comes up, he's regressed quite heavily on defense over the last few years and his shooting gravity is not reflected in his percentage due to his slow release and severe gun-shy nature. Maybe that would change here, that's an argument you can make, but ''worldclass beastmode center'' he is not.
    trying to hype it up...ok that was a bit much. Nonetheless, Myles Turner would be a game changer and I think he is within grasps.

I hate the Bey pick if they don’t draft an upside guy in the top 10. I’m fine with it if they do. Basically seems like you’re bringing in a 6’8 Josh Hart

Hey look, it took less than 24 hours to find out how Danny Ainge almost did another trade.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I hate the Bey pick if they don’t draft an upside guy in the top 10. I’m fine with it if they do. Basically seems like you’re bringing in a 6’8 Josh Hart
    I think Bey will be a 7th or 8th man at best and wouldn't crack the playoff rotation of a high calibre team, which is not true of Josh Hart. Bey would be a kinda disappointing pick at 23, let alone 13.

I'm okay with Bey. Not thrilled, but okay.

I think Bey will be a 10-15 year NBA player. He may not be a top tier starter, but he will be a routine contributor. Not the worst pick in the world. I’d rather him than some boom or bust potential player.

Also, just a gut feeling, Anthony Edwards will be Ben McLemore 2.0.

Thread Information