Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Jrue to the Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Okongwu would be a great pick and he would fit really well with the pelicans style of play. He?s a dominant defensive player who can protect the rim and he is a good rebounder and athletic. I think he?s also a pretty good passer and has a very high FG%. I also like that he?s played with Lonzo. That could add more chemistry. He?s also 245lbs and very physical.

What will we have to do to get him? I think he will be gone as early as the 2nd pick and I don?t think he will fall past the 8th seed. The CAVS could wind up picking him.

Is there another player y?all think is worth getting that is realistic?
    Okongwu is pretty much universally considered a top 10 pick, I don't really think I've seen many mocks or predictions go against that for a while, and most have him top 5. Which is good, because he's one of the very best prospects in this class. His Lonzo connection means nothing to me though: you don't make picks based on what would please last year's worst starter.

I think the prospect that most people in Pels world and draft world think that we should aim for is Killian Hayes, and I agree with that. He's a little more questionable: ESPN's last mock had him going 12th to the Kings, and Sports Illustrated's last mock had him 7th to the Pistons. We have enough trade material to get up to #6 if we wanted, but the question is just whether or not the price would be worth it.
    Basketball.

There a chance Griffin isn't here to even make those picks. I don't hate this trade but I hope the plan is to package these picks together to get a star in the next 2 or 3 years. Boston held on to there future assets too long IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    There a chance Griffin isn't here to even make those picks. I don't hate this trade but I hope the plan is to package these picks together to get a star in the next 2 or 3 years. Boston held on to there future assets too long IMO.
    The Pels wont be drafting 2-3 guys every year in the first round for the next 7 years. Of course the plan is to move picks. Be it our, the Lakers, the Bucks, etc. Also have some high 2nds coming in all likelihood. No chance we have the desire or the bandwidth to just keep adding a ton of young guys to an already young roster.
    @mcnamara247

I would think that the Pelicans now have the ammo to pry Beal from the Wizards if they are willing to turn him loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Zion View Post
    I would think that the Pelicans now have the ammo to pry Beal from the Wizards if they are willing to turn him loose.
    You would still need a core player that excites them. 6, 8, even 10 picks with no actual quality player with upside coming back wouldnt excite them or anybody with a star

You gotta develop NAW or hope Lonzo takes off or Hayes or whoever we draft this year. Or even an extended Lonzo if he goes up a notch. It always takes players and a pick to get the star and if Zion and Ingram are off the table, there are no players that are exciting for them to sell their fans on

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    I don’t think anyone wanted to play for Suns back then.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Bucks just got better :A
    Should have traded him to Clippers? Lakers for their 2030 picks?

What stands out to me is what no one seems to be talking about. Who finished with the highest 3 point % in the nba last year? George Hill. Guess who finished 2nd? JJ Redick.

Now imagine both of those guys in at the same time dropping bombs. This trade is getting better and better the more I look at it.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...stats::fg3_pct
    Last edited by Pels4Life; 11-17-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Zion View Post
    I honestly don't get the specific excitement about Beal.

He's really good but he's not like, the best player in the world. So it's weird to me that he gets the specific hype every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I honestly don't get the specific excitement about Beal.

He's really good but he's not like, the best player in the world. So it's weird to me that he gets the specific hype every time.
    Again -- who would you be excited about then? No.... Beal isnt the best player in the world. Lebron is. So, can people only get hype about him? Genuinely asking...who do you like in this league??

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The hype around Beal is that we can reasonably assume he’s available more than most other guys you can name right now. And

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Again -- who would you be excited about then? No.... Beal isnt the best player in the world. Lebron is. So, can people only get hype about him? Genuinely asking...who do you like in this league??
    No I'm not saying that. I like Beal.

But there are other good players. Other really good players. So why is it that no matter what's happening, when the idea of a trade comes up, you see everyone's brain snap to Beal specifically. Like I say, it's not like he's the single best player in the league: he's really good, but there are other players on his level. Why always him rather than anyone else? It's less a judgement on Beal and more of a question on the process that leads people to this same conclusion at all times. Is it just because they think he's available cause Washington sucks?

Because he seems somewhat gettable and doesnt give off that vibe like he has to be in a big market.

But other guys have been mentioned. Booker, KAT, for instance. People just dont suggest other guys because they know that guy wouldnt want to be or stay here.

The Pels wont be drafting 2-3 guys every year in the first round for the next 7 years. Of course the plan is to move picks. Be it our, the Lakers, the Bucks, etc. Also have some high 2nds coming in all likelihood. No chance we have the desire or the bandwidth to just keep adding a ton of young guys to an already young roster.
    Any idea what, if any, the protections are on the future Bucks' picks?

Wow we’re really in a race with OKC for that draft capital huh?

Obviously we did it for the picks and I would have preferred to get a core piece, but getting Bledsoe back at his lowest possible value point isn’t terrible. Hope he can pull a mini Chris Paul. Hill is also the right kind of vet to have. That is if these guys stay and aren’t moved again.

Picks are distant and unprotected. Best case.

I think we are pretty good in the guard position. If anything we should be working to get us a worldclass beastmode center with the right timeline. I vote Myles Turner...lets go.

wow...talk about playing the long game.

I gotta think those 25/27 picks are the best possible non-player assets that would be available in a trade for a potential “star."

https://twitter.com/_andrew_lopez/st...580185603?s=10

Ok, now the trade looks better with those unprotected picks in 2025 and 2027. I think we definitely got the better end of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Wow we’re really in a race with OKC for that draft capital huh?

Obviously we did it for the picks and I would have preferred to get a core piece, but getting Bledsoe back at his lowest possible value point isn’t terrible. Hope he can pull a mini Chris Paul. Hill is also the right kind of vet to have. That is if these guys stay and aren’t moved again.
    Bledsoe won't be on the team

So assuming that Bledsoe isn't traded away in another deal, then are we starting Ball and Bledsoe? Ball is the fast break point guard, and Bledsoe handles the half court point guard duties? Does Ball become a spot up 3 point shooter? I'm kind of confused about the chemistry of this lineup.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Something like this:

*2020 Own 1st (#13)
    *2020 Bucks via Ind (#24)
    *2020 Own 2nd
    *2020 Wizards 2nd (39th)

*2021 Own 1st
    *2021 Lakers 1st (unlikely since reverse protected 8-30, likely unprotected 2022)
    *2021 Cavs 2nd
    *2021 Wizards 2nd
    *2021 Own or Bulls 2nd (Chicago has swap rights)

*2022 Own 1st
    *2022 Lakers 1st (likely given reverse 2021 protection)
    *2022 Own 2nd
    *2022 Cavs 2nd

*2023 Own 1st
    *2023 Swap Rights w/Lakers
    *2023 Own 2nd (if 31-45, if 46-60 then goes to Hawks)
    *2023 Wizards 2nd

*2024 Own 1st
    *2024 Swap Rights w/Bucks
    *2024 or 2025 Lakers 1st (NO's choice)
    *2024 Own 2nd

*2025 Own 1st
    *2025 Bucks 1st
    *2025 or 2024 Lakers 1st (NO's choice)
    *2025 Own 2nd

*2026 Own 1st
    *2026 Swap Rights w/Bucks
    *2026 Own 2nd

*2027 Own 1st
    *2027 Bucks 1st
    *2027 Own 2nd
    Last edited by donato; 11-17-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    So assuming that Bledsoe isn't traded away in another deal, then are we starting Ball and Bledsoe? Ball is the fast break point guard, and Bledsoe handles the half court point guard duties? Does Ball become a spot up 3 point shooter? I'm kind of confused about the chemistry of this lineup.
    Again, Bledsoe won't be here. Pels already working with Klutch on landing spots

Again, Bledsoe won't be here. Pels already working with Klutch on landing spots
    I figured he was getting moved... wonder what Griff can get for him. I do like the Hill pickup. Another solid vet that can contribute.

Thread Information