Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Jrue to the Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    If Bud doesn't get fired after another embarrassing playoff exit with a three peat MVP...
    He's amazing, he's a good regular season coach but when you get to the post-season what matters more than almost anything else is the ability to respond to changes and make adjustments and he simply cannot do it. It's been his fatal flaw for years and years now. Just stands on the sidelines looking like a sad baby and loses.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Just correct myself the Lakers pick next year is reverse top 8 protected. So likely won't be a Pelicans pick until 2022.
    It is reverse top protected indeed.

The problem the Bucks had, which Hardwood Paroxysm doesn't really seem to get, is that the time for the Bucks to make a move was last year. They didn't, so now they don't have the luxury of being choosy: they're forced into trying to make up 2 years of adjustments in like 2 weeks. That leads to these kinds of moves.

I'm not much of a twit..but always some funny stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    well the bucks are trading for Bogdan Bogdanovic, and sending the kings Donte DiVincenzo,,, Ersan İlyasova
    and D.J. Wilson.....the bucks going for it all...
    Whelp, with the 1st pick being in two nights and the other ones looking like they're 4 to 6 years away.....we can patiently await the collapse.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Haha. That's what I get for posting before reading the thread......guess I'm hoping the Bucks fall apart and our new draft picks pan out.....and Jrue wins a ring elsewhere.
    eh i'm actually behind it purely that jrue gets to be on a good team AND its a team i can get behind. like not even being selfish on the picks being good for pels at all, just jrue getting a good situation. while the pels should hope for them to not succeed to make picks better, i think i'd much rather a league where giannis stays at the bucks and doesn't head off to a bigger market or super team. im sure that has nothing to do with recent events of course.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    That date. Weak troll attempt

From a city with an exploding franchise, no less.

Thats what Mr James Harden saying in 2020?

2017 and 2020 Bledsoe is free to bounce tho. We're good either way

I don't care

What's so interesting is that the picks (likely) being far out is the storylines it creates for us.

Giannis is 26 in a few weeks. So if the picks start conveying in 2025, he'll be basically 31 by the time they start coming through, and there's a lot that can happen between the ages of 26 and 31.

1) Maybe Giannis doesn't sign and the Bucks go into collapse, and without future long term assets to leverage have a hard time building themselves up respectably.
    2) Maybe Giannis does resign, but the Bucks still fail to win a ring for some reason (Bud, injuries, Miami, whatever) and Giannis pulls a Harden in 2023 and leaves
    3) As much as I hate this and I hope it doesn't happen, but there's always the possibility of injuries floating around. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen, but it's a thing teams have to deal with.
    4) Maybe Giannis ages off a cliff after 30. Not common, but some players do that.

And of course, that's just assuming we keep all of the picks, which we are in no way obligated to do.

A sweet and sour deal. I will miss Jrue defense, he was the only one that played it on this team. But when AD left I was really hoping that Jrue would step up and be "THE" leader of this team, especially with so many young and new faces coming in, he wasn't seen as a leader and that's what this team was lacking.

No way are we drafting four players this year.....

No way are we drafting four players this year.....
    I would be surprised, especially because there's a scarcity of good stash candidates in the second round now that guys like Rokas Jokubaitis have pulled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Part of a GMs job is to set the team up for the future and manage assets. It's not like he's neglecting the on court product: he's acquired Zion, he's acquired a new coach, he's acquired Ingram, etc. This is part of his job. He can't sign guys right now because it's not free agency yet, and both of the players he got back in this trade are solid NBA players. It's okay.

Never called the trade bad man. I?m just saying that I think that?s the thought process behind the bald guy choosing this specific deal. He rids the team of one of the primary things he thought stunk to him this past year and hits a soft reset surrounding his 2 to 4 maybes... while conveniently betting on the highest table in the backroom of a Vegas sports bar for Jrue Holiday: the small market?s next superstar for the desperate table. But I look around and start asking what is Griff doing at the desperate table for a bang bang result that takes place in the future? I don?t care about that win if one day it may happen. Only the one on the floor. Some GMs make a living off of doing those things in this team up era.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    Never called the trade bad man. I?m just saying that I think that?s the thought process behind the bald guy choosing this specific deal. He rids the team of one of the primary things he thought stunk to him this past year and hits a soft reset surrounding his 2 to 4 maybes... while conveniently betting on the highest table in the backroom of a Vegas sports bar for Jrue Holiday: the small market?s next superstar for the desperate table. But I look around and start asking what is Griff doing at the desperate table for a bang bang result that takes place in the future? I don?t care about that win if one day it may happen. Only the one on the floor. Some GMs make a living off of doing those things in this team up era.
    My question would be, what trade would you rather have taken? Assuming that a trade had to be made (which may have been the case, we don't know since neither Jrue nor Griff are big leakers) would you have preferred the Nets proposal, with LeVert and a pick and Jarrett Allen and that's it? The value there isn't nearly as high. As a GM your job is to extract the most value from whatever moves you have to make. For some teams that's trying to sell everything out for a title shot, but for a team in our position someone like LeVert or Allen isn't nearly as useful as future flexibility and options.

Bucks just got better :A

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Part of a GMs job is to set the team up for the future and manage assets. It's not like he's neglecting the on court product: he's acquired Zion, he's acquired a new coach, he's acquired Ingram, etc. This is part of his job. He can't sign guys right now because it's not free agency yet, and both of the players he got back in this trade are solid NBA players. It's okay.
    We will only know what he has planned for this season, at the beginning of this season. Except Zion and Brandon, everyone else is can be traded. I just hope Griff gets everything he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    We will only know what he has planned for this season, at the beginning of this season. Except Zion and Brandon, everyone else is can be traded. I just hope Griff gets everything he wants.
    Absolutely. I don't really think there's much chance we keep both Bledsoe and Hill: one of them at least is going, imo. Then, while it may not come to anything, Lonzo is probably on the table. Plus we have 5 picks in this draft now: it's very unlikely we make 5 picks. Either we package some together to move up, or we trade them forward into future years to delay them, or we attach them to someone like a Bledsoe or a Hill to sweeten a deal. Then there's still the issue of a Redick: without Jrue, does he want to stay? Maybe, due to SVG being here, but he may ask out to a contender.

And that's before we even get to free agency: Frank, Favors, Okafor, Kenrich, and Moore all expire. Do we resign any of them? We probably don't resign all of them, so who do we try to add in their places?

This team will look very different in just two or three weeks time.

Absolutely. I don't really think there's much chance we keep both Bledsoe and Hill: one of them at least is going, imo. Then, while it may not come to anything, Lonzo is probably on the table. Plus we have 5 picks in this draft now: it's very unlikely we make 5 picks. Either we package some together to move up, or we trade them forward into future years to delay them, or we attach them to someone like a Bledsoe or a Hill to sweeten a deal. Then there's still the issue of a Redick: without Jrue, does he want to stay? Maybe, due to SVG being here, but he may ask out to a contender.

And that's before we even get to free agency: Frank, Favors, Okafor, Kenrich, and Moore all expire. Do we resign any of them? We probably don't resign all of them, so who do we try to add in their places?

This team will look very different in just two or three weeks time.
    Training camp starts in 2 weeks. This team will probably look very different by Friday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Training camp starts in 2 weeks. This team will probably look very different by Friday evening.
    That's fair, I didn't know the exact date of training camp so I was just kind of rough on it. Still, my points generally remain.

I think Zo is safe. SVG has singled him out with some high praise (comparing his work ethic to JJ) and he is transforming himself into the type of player that SVG utilizes.

It's kind of ironic, the Zo hate sounds very similar to the Jrue hate that was going around his first few seasons, here.

Yeah it's basically the Lakers package in picks.
    With all those picks We are ready to build something special. Happy for Jrue.

I think Zo is safe. SVG has singled him out with some high praise (comparing his work ethic to JJ) and he is transforming himself into the type of player that SVG utilizes.

It's kind of ironic, the Zo hate sounds very similar to the Jrue hate that was going around his first few seasons, here.
    The difference is that when Jrue came here, he'd already been an all-star, was a proven scorer and playmaker, and had led a team into the playoffs.

By comparison, Lonzo has been really bad, pretty much uniformly, almost all of the time.

Saying that SVG singling him out for high praise means he isn't going to be traded on the same night that Jrue Holiday - a guy our GM literally said was MVP calibre - got moved is kind of wild to me.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Okongwu would be a great pick and he would fit really well with the pelicans style of play. He?s a dominant defensive player who can protect the rim and he is a good rebounder and athletic. I think he?s also a pretty good passer and has a very high FG%. I also like that he?s played with Lonzo. That could add more chemistry. He?s also 245lbs and very physical.

What will we have to do to get him? I think he will be gone as early as the 2nd pick and I don?t think he will fall past the 8th seed. The CAVS could wind up picking him.

Is there another player y?all think is worth getting that is realistic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information