Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Jrue to the Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    How many future first round picks do we have from lakers and bucks combined?

What years for each team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We don't know the Bucks exact years yet, so we can't say.
    Basketball.

The more details that come out the better this looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Everyone else: I got this protected pick and that's it...
    Pelicans to Celtics: Yo, bro. I need a wingman to hype me up
    Celtics: say no more
    Celtics to Buck: Yeah... I totally give the Pelicans 3 1st round picks for Jrue and a decent player.
    Bucks to Bucks: We'll give 5 picks for Jrue.
    Pelicans : Deal
    You think Dell Demps could pull that off?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The more details that come out the better this looks.
    Yep. I think more moves could happen too.

I’d imagine the current team sits like this...

PG: Ball/Hill/NAW
    SG: Bledsoe/Redick
    SF: Ingram/Hart
    PF: Zion/Melli
    C: ?/Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yep. I think more moves could happen too.
    I'd be shocked if they didn't.

I expect at least one of Bledsoe or Hill to be gone pretty quickly.

Griffins flexing obviously. Betting man peacocking about being a gambler betting on the next Soap Opera circus in Twitter town. I just wanna know about the team on the floor Griff. Remember that baldy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wowowowow View Post
    Griffins flexing obviously. Betting man peacocking about being a gambler betting on the next Soap Opera circus in Twitter town. I just wanna know about the team on the floor Griff. Remember that baldy.
    Part of a GMs job is to set the team up for the future and manage assets. It's not like he's neglecting the on court product: he's acquired Zion, he's acquired a new coach, he's acquired Ingram, etc. This is part of his job. He can't sign guys right now because it's not free agency yet, and both of the players he got back in this trade are solid NBA players. It's okay.

I think it?s pretty cool that the Pelicans have the assets to move up in the draft to grab whatever player they covet without handicapping the future to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I’d imagine the current team sits like this...

PG: Ball/Hill/NAW
    SG: Bledsoe/Redick
    SF: Ingram/Hart
    PF: Zion/Melli
    C: ?/Hayes
    Bledsoe won’t start over reddick for floor spacing, he’ll run the second unit, if he stays...

If we're not winning it (I'm not THAT crazy, I know this is not our time), I just became a Bucks fan.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Not that it matters because of Giannis but I wonder who the point guard will be for the Bucks.

So the pels got picks, got Jrue out of the west, and got two decent players. Why do we hate this trade?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    If we're not winning it (I'm not THAT crazy, I know this is not our time), I just became a Bucks fan.
    Haha. That's what I get for posting before reading the thread......guess I'm hoping the Bucks fall apart and our new draft picks pan out.....and Jrue wins a ring elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SeapeaNOLA View Post
    So the pels got picks, got Jrue out of the west, and got two decent players. Why do we hate this trade?

I think that was before the 5 picks where announced.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Not that it matters because of Giannis but I wonder who the point guard will be for the Bucks.
    Giannis...

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    It still matters. Giannis is a decent point forward, but with Jrue those duties would need to increase, and I think Giannis is at his limit in that role already.

I'd assume if we're not getting their 24th this year they'd target Theo Maledon. If we are getting their 24th...I'm gonna say the Bucks panicked a little here and might have to scramble.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    It's already been announced we're getting 24.

Bucks get Bogdon.

I see what we did and set us for the future... But I just want to see what we do in draft night. There HAS to be some moves made or at least moves made during the season

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Haha. That's what I get for posting before reading the thread......guess I'm hoping the Bucks fall apart and our new draft picks pan out.....and Jrue wins a ring elsewhere.
    well the bucks are trading for Bogdan Bogdanovic, and sending the kings Donte DiVincenzo,,, Ersan İlyasova
    and D.J. Wilson.....the bucks going for it all...

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    It still matters. Giannis is a decent point forward, but with Jrue those duties would need to increase, and I think Giannis is at his limit in that role already.

I'd assume if we're not getting their 24th this year they'd target Theo Maledon. If we are getting their 24th...I'm gonna say the Bucks panicked a little here and might have to scramble.
    I don't think those duties need to increase. They probably stay roughly constant, Jrue gets standard sort of second duty management, and they hope that the on-ball flashes from Middleton last year are legitimate at least for the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    well the bucks are trading for Bogdan Bogdanovic, and sending the kings Donte DiVincenzo,,, Ersan İlyasova
    and D.J. Wilson.....the bucks going for it all...
    Bucks trading all of their depth for a coach that refuses to play people more than 34 minutes a game in the post-season. Sounds great for us, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Bucks trading all of their depth for a coach that refuses to play people more than 34 minutes a game in the post-season. Sounds great for us, honestly.
    If Bud doesn't get fired after another embarrassing playoff exit with a three peat MVP...

Just correct myself the Lakers pick next year is reverse top 8 protected. So likely won't be a Pelicans pick until 2022.

Thread Information