Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Jrue to the Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Glad I hid out in the other thread.

The man got three 1st plus pick swaps for Jrue Holiday. And two serviceable guards that are NOT on long or expensive contracts.

So now two 1st round picks Wednesday and likely three 1st round picks in the 2021 draft if the Lakers isn't top 8.

What yall whining about again?
    I mean, Bledoe's contract is $20m a year for the next 3 years, so it's fairly long and not cheap per se, but yeah.
    Basketball.

I think I jumped the gun on calling this a terrible trade. I didn't realize they also got those draft picks. The 1st round picks making this look a whole lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Sorry for all the questions but is Bledsoe that bad? Did he just have a bad showing this year in the bubble or is he consistently overrated?
    He's not great but he's not bad either. I'd put him in the tier just below Jrue as far as guards go: fundamentally very flawed but a valuable player in the right contexts who can start on a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Sorry for all the questions but is Bledsoe that bad? Did he just have a bad showing this year in the bubble or is he consistently overrated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Jrue a bad clutch player... Except when he plays Portland. Then, Bledsoe is like Lillard playing against Jrue Holiday for 3 years in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Bledsoe to Miami?
    They can have him for Duncan Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's not great but he's not bad either. I'd put him in the tier just below Jrue as far as guards go: fundamentally very flawed but a valuable player in the right contexts who can start on a good team.
    Thanks. You the man.

They can have him for Duncan Robinson.
    We making moves Dae.

We need to keep working the East and make them better. Bledsoe and Hill would be a good get for these playoff caliber teams!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I know why you're doing it but I do find it very funny that Mac is literally in this thread right now but you're still posting all his tweets. Makes me imagine him going to type something and then being like ''oh right, someone's already posted me saying that''.

I know why you're doing it but I do find it very funny that Mac is literally in this thread right now but you're still posting all his tweets. Makes me imagine him going to type something and then being like ''oh right, someone's already posted me saying that''.
    He is right. Give him the credit tonight. Good work by MM

Fine I give you Fletcher tweets now

I bet teams would love to have a JJ Redick right about now...

Which is fine for Milwaukee. They already had the best record the last two years.

They clearly need more in the playoffs than what Bledsoe has given them.

I mean, Bledoe's contract is $20m a year for the next 3 years, so it's fairly long and not cheap per se, but yeah.
    It's $17mm, then $18mm, then $19mm for a player that's very capable of playing above those numbers. Thats not expensive. Then one of those years is a truncated, compressed covid year thats about to start in a few weeks.

No room for complaining here.

It's $17mm, then $18mm, then $19mm for a player that's very capable of playing above those numbers. Thats not expensive. Then one of those years is a truncated, compressed covid year thats about to start in a few weeks.

Agree. It is not a bad deal at all. Shamit agrees too

In fairness, I didn't realise that the final year was only partially guaranteed. That does make it slightly better.

I believe that it is looking more like the case that the picks will have to be mostly down the road. Something like firsts in 2020, 2024 and 2026 and swaps in 2023 and 2025. The 2023 may have to be 2021 though. Not sure on the rule because of Cleveland owning the Bucks' 2022 pick.

In fairness, I didn't realise that the final year was only partially guaranteed. That does make it slightly better.
    And by partially guaranteed you're talking $4mm before '22/'23.

Picks down the line is even better. Griff definitely set up the Pelicans for the next 10 years with draft capital.

Further out is better. It increases the likelihood that the Bucks are worse: even if Giannis resigns, if the picks don't translate for 5 years any number of things could happen in that time. Trades, injuries, whatever.

Everyone else: I got this protected pick and that's it...
    Pelicans to Celtics: Yo, bro. I need a wingman to hype me up
    Celtics: say no more
    Celtics to Buck: Yeah... I totally give the Pelicans 3 1st round picks for Jrue and a decent player. He's a starrrrrrrrrr player. He can play defense. No one does that anymore.
    Bucks to Bucks: We'll give 5 picks for Jrue.
    Pelicans : Deal
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-16-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    How many future first round picks do we have from lakers and bucks combined?

What years for each team?

Thread Information