Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Jrue to the Bucks

Eh, I'd have preferred to start the clock next year on the picks, but okay.

Griff planning to try and Hill+13 into #6 or something, leaving #24 for a gamble? Not sure. Let's wait and find out.
    Basketball.

The more i think about, the more im warming up to this. The extenuating question is what will Giannis do? If he doesn't sign a lengthy extension the value of the bucks draft picks go from ok to a gold mine. Even if he ultimately stays that's a lot of draft capital to own, and the bucks don't really have foreseeable cap space/assets to add more pieces around him. I'm ok with it.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I wonder if Jrue had to extend to get it done.
    good question...then that would mean that greek freak is resigning imo..

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    The more i think about, the more im warming up to this. The extenuating question is what will Giannis do? If he doesn't sign a lengthy extension the value of the bucks draft picks go from ok to a gold mine. Even if he ultimately stays that's a lot of draft capital to own, and the bucks don't really have foreseeable cap space/assets to add more pieces around him. I'm ok with it.
    Exactly. It's a gamble, but an understandable one. High risk, high reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah you can phrase anything like that if you want. Look how much better this looks:

''...For one of the top 3 two-way guards in the entire NBA who can defend 1-4, fully switchably, can create for himself and others off the dribble, and is one of the best finishing guards in the NBA''

Suddenly Jrue looks great. Turns out that what you choose to emphasise has a big impact on how it looks.
    Dude ain't a star. Quit pretending to yourself. We figured that out the hard way. We got a ransom for a complementary star that is so anti-clutch that it's comical. I love Jrue, but he's worthless without an A1 star for his game to thrive.

We have 2 picks in 1st now per Aldridge

Did we just block a trade too?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 11-16-2020 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Dude ain't a star. Quit pretending to yourself. We figured that out the hard way. We got a ransom for a complementary star that is so anti-clutch that it's comical. I love Jrue, but he's worthless without an A1 star for his game to thrive.

Shame for the Bucks that they don't have an A1 star then, isn't it? Whatever will they do, without a main guy for Jrue to play off. So dumb of them.

Good for Jrue being to play with an Alpha for once.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

This deal is worth the gamble. I would think Giannis leaving is pretty close to a 50/50 proposition. If he leaves as Dae has said the Bucks are the Nets of the last 8 years. We would actually be in a better position than the Celtics were considering we have two building blocks already. It also has to be taken into account the next few drafts at this point seem loaded, and one of these upcoming drafts were we have multiple picks will probably be the double draft. If Giannis does resign with Milwaukee we have 6 first round picks that are not ours we can package to do a multitude of things with.

And Giannis highly rumored to signing a death Kiss SuperMax before his deadline.

Oh. Man. Those swaps may not be completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    When are the picks?

If Giannis and Jrue leave next year, it could turn out nucely.
    Giannis not leaving.

I wonder if Jrue will opt in and extend with Milwaukee.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Shame for the Bucks that they don't have an A1 star then, isn't it? Whatever will they do, without a main guy for Jrue to play off. So dumb of them.
    Did you miss my 1st post Dae... "Jrue is where he needs to be... With an Elite Big."

5 picks for Jrue is ridiculous. Then, we get something for Bledsoe.

I wonder if Atlanta will return the favor from last year....

Last Year it was: Their 8th and 17th for Our 4th.

In other words, this year could it be.....

Our 13th and 24th for their 6th (I'll throw in Hill).

Would love for us to get some value for Bledsoe. Hill is the type of player that may have value at the deadline.

Glad I hid out in the other thread.

The man got three 1st plus pick swaps for Jrue Holiday. And two serviceable guards that are NOT on long or expensive contracts.

So now two 1st round picks Wednesday and likely three 1st round picks in the 2021 draft if the Lakers isn't top 8.

What yall whining about again?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Did you miss my 1st post Dae... "Jrue is where he needs to be... With an Elite Big."

5 picks for Jrue is ridiculous. Then, we get something for Bledsoe.
    I agree that it's a huge haul. My point wasn't ''Jrue is definitely the kind of player where you expect this haul'' it was ''Jrue isn't nearly as bad as just listing his worst traits, that's unfair''.

Sorry for all the questions but is Bledsoe that bad? Did he just have a bad showing this year in the bubble or is he consistently overrated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bledsoe to Miami?

Thread Information