Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Jrue to the Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...777586696?s=21

Jrue to the Bucks for Bledsoe, Hill, and draft picks...a lot of draft picks.

Griff cased the joint and walked away with everything he wanted.
    Holy Toledo! They gave us a Davis like deal. I love it

Withholding judgment until we see what Griff does with Hill and Bledsoe. Can't imagine both stay and would be mildly surprised if either of them does.

Griff not done making moves. Trust the process. He got something in mind.

Jrue to the Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Withholding judgment until we see what Griff does with Hill and Bledsoe. Can't imagine both stay and would be mildly surprised if either of them does.
    Is there a wait period before they can be flipped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think this it’s parts of a moving puzzle. First move was to get the most value for Jrue.

Absolutely.

Not only could more stuff be done pre/during the draft and simply be packaged into this trade (remember how the Hawks trade ended up expanding massively last year?) but there's less than a month from now until players can be traded: December 15th. There's no reason to assume that Griff's plan is to take back Bledsoe and Hill and then sit pretty. One, or both, are going to be gone by New Year at the latest, I'm fairly sure of that.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    Giannis,,, Middleton. and jrue will be nice to deal with the nets..

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Is there a wait period before they can be flipped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It depends on how it's done. If more deals are set up now, they can be added on to this trade. Think of how the Lakers and Hawks trades for us kind of combined last year.

But if nothing happens before the season starts, we have to wait until December 15th: less than a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The next 7 years of drafts is basically just us and OKC scouring the planet.
    Im getting old so I don't know whether I can stay up that late- what time does the very end of the 1st round typically end?

Having a ton of other peoples late first round draft picks is a very good thing in the nfl. Problem is this is the nba.

And I don't want us to be terrible, and we shouldn't be.....so there goes any hope of a good draft pick.

I think we may be in that position soon for awhile where we are in that dreaded middle group. Which as everyone knows is a terrible place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I would just encourage the people flipping out about it being trash to be a little patient. I am also sceptical about it for reasons I listed earlier, but the full deal isn't revealed yet and it's perfectly plausible that one or both of Hill and Bledsoe are going to be flipped again later: remember, the December 15th trade line is still in effect even though the season starts late, so it's possible that these guys are here for less than a month before they're on their way out for other stuff. And that's assuming this deal doesn't grow to include other teams early, which is very possible, like the Hawks trade last year.
    I'm not flipping out, but I really didn't expect the Bucks to be Jrue's destination. I know what Bledsoe can do, but I am not a fan, so I hope he is moved to another team.

This is a huge gamble for Milwaukee. It's an all-in move.

If this works, Giannis resigns and they're title contenders for the next god-knows how many years.

If it doesn't, Giannis walks to Miami or Toronto and the Bucks are absolutely buried for a decade.

Last year we were party to a trade that led to the 2020 NBA Championship.

This year did we just do the same for the 2021 NBA Championship?

....Stay Tuned!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tacosman View Post
    Im getting old so I don't know whether I can stay up that late- what time does the very end of the 1st round typically end?

Having a ton of other peoples late first round draft picks is a very good thing in the nfl. Problem is this is the nba.

And I don't want us to be terrible, and we shouldn't be.....so there goes any hope of a good draft pick.

I think we may be in that position soon for awhile where we are in that dreaded middle group. Which as everyone knows is a terrible place to be.
    It's not as bad as you think. Plus, part of the value of picks is that they can be traded. Secondly, both LA and Milwaukee are on very very narrow margins: either one of them could come tumbling down fairly soon. That's part of the wager that Griff has made. If Giannis resigns, the 3 picks from Milwaukee aren't great. If the Bucks flame out next year though, and he walks, those picks become gold. It's a risk, but it's a risk with a huge reward if it pays off.

I hate myself for how excited I got once we found out about pick swaps....

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Last year we were party to a trade that led to the 2020 NBA Championship.

This year did we just do the same for the 2021 NBA Championship?

....Stay Tuned!!!
    Farm team deciding the fate of the NBA final.

Jrue is where he needs to be... Next to an elite Big.

Awful trade if they stay with the Pels. Does anybody here like Bledsoe? Hill isn't bad as a bench role. But the Griff could have done a lot better than this. I think they should have pushed foe Dinwiddie or Lavert from the Nets. And what does this mean for Lonzo? Maybe Van Gundy doesn't like him and they move him. Not feeling good with this at all.

I wonder if Jrue had to extend to get it done.

Hang in there folks. I think there is more to come

3 1st and 2 1st trade swap... Sweet jesus... For a dude that commit TO 6 times in crucial games and take stupid stepback jumpers and can't make FTs in the 4th.... Omg.

Quote Originally Posted by Wecandothis View Post
    Awful trade if they stay with the Pels. Does anybody here like Bledsoe? Hill isn't bad as a bench role. But the Griff could have done a lot better than this. I think they should have pushed foe Dinwiddie or Lavert from the Nets. And what does this mean for Lonzo? Maybe Van Gundy doesn't like him and they move him. Not feeling good with this at all.
    1) It doesn't really matter if we like Bledsoe because he's probably gone already in Griff's mind
    2) How much better than 2 starter calibre players, 3 firsts, and 2 pick swaps do you think he could have done? How is LeVert better than this lmao
    3) Who cares what it means for Lonzo, this is a major franchise decision: you don't make trades of this calibre based on your 4th best starter

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    3 1st and 2 1st trade swap... Sweet jesus... For a dude that commit TO 6 times in crucial games and take stupid stepback jumpers and can't make FTs in the 4th.... Omg.
    Yeah you can phrase anything like that if you want. Look how much better this looks:

''...For one of the top 3 two-way guards in the entire NBA who can defend 1-4, fully switchably, can create for himself and others off the dribble, and is one of the best finishing guards in the NBA''

Suddenly Jrue looks great. Turns out that what you choose to emphasise has a big impact on how it looks.

When are the picks?

If Giannis and Jrue leave next year, it could turn out nucely.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    When are the picks?

If Giannis and Jrue leave next year, it could turn out nucely.
    We don't know yet, there are some options possible I think. Awaiting confirmation.

Thread Information