Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Jrue to the Bucks

You are mistaking generosity for competence

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I'm not. But hot spicy revisionist takes rule the internet. Carry on. You bad.

So i have a spidey tingly sense that we still have sights on Myles Turner. What do you guys think we would have to give to make that happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still going to defend the Asik deal. At the time, it was the era of the big men. You HAD to have one to contend. Asik was not the best, but in the era of the plodding big men, he was aight and had promise. The climate of the NBA changed as the ink was drying. But no one saw that coming.....or The OA's tragic injury string the came after.

People who use the Asik deal as a bad example are only worse than the ones who use the Boogie trade as one. That deal was absolutely paying off before that pop happened. Yeah. I don't like the revisionist stuff.

Interestingly, this franchise has weathered some awful adversity. We looked hopeless when CP3 left.....we lucked out with AD.....we were looking hopeless and everyone was doom and gloom.....then we pulled off the Boogie trade.....AD pulled his smack and it was doom and gloom......and now here we sit with BI and Zion and the largest hoarde of assets in the league. Yep. Some luck was involved. But for a small market team that was nearly moved several times.......some of y'all need to respect the brass a bit more. It shows grit to keep building this back up after some huge knockout blows.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Basically this.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I'm still going to defend the Asik deal. At the time, it was the era of the big men. You HAD to have one to contend. Asik was not the best, but in the era of the plodding big men, he was aight and had promise. The climate of the NBA changed as the ink was drying. But no one saw that coming.....or The OA's tragic injury string the came after.

People who use the Asik deal as a bad example are only worse than the ones who use the Boogie trade as one. That deal was absolutely paying off before that pop happened. Yeah. I don't like the revisionist stuff.

Interestingly, this franchise has weathered some awful adversity. We looked hopeless when CP3 left.....we lucked out with AD.....we were looking hopeless and everyone was doom and gloom.....then we pulled off the Boogie trade.....AD pulled his smack and it was doom and gloom......and now here we sit with BI and Zion and the largest hoarde of assets in the league. Yep. Some luck was involved. But for a small market team that was nearly moved several times.......some of y'all need to respect the brass a bit more. It shows grit to keep building this back up after some huge knockout blows.
    Nah resigning Asik to put next to "I dont wanna be a 5", where AT THAT TIME people were 50/50 on at best, was just being generous. No strategy involved whatsoever.

Making the move to get a prime Demarcus nobody saw coming, was just being generous.

Hiring Gentry before the obvious wave of fast paced small ball, to replace a coach that had gotten boo'd at his own arena was just being generous.

Trading for Holiday on draft night, in what was a very weak draft, what just being generous.

Resigning Holiday to a very tradeable contract was just being generous.

And let's be honest, this "franchise" talk is really about Dell Demps. A GM who was wearing that hats of both Griffin and Langdon as his own overseas scout.

I can keep going, but yeah it didn't work out for various reasons, so let's hot take his entire tenure as "clown shoes" as if this franchise was the Knicks, current Hornets, or pre Lebron Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Nah resigning Asik to put next to "I dont wanna be a 5", where AT THAT TIME people were 50/50 on at best, was just being generous. No strategy involved whatsoever.

Making the move to get a prime Demarcus nobody saw coming, was just being generous.

Hiring Gentry before the obvious wave of fast paced small ball, to replace a coach that had gotten boo'd at his own arena was just being generous.

Trading for Holiday on draft night, in what was a very weak draft, what just being generous.

Resigning Holiday to a very tradeable contract was just being generous.

And let's be honest, this "franchise" talk is really about Dell Demps. A GM who was wearing that hats of both Griffin and Langdon as his own overseas scout.

I can keep going, but yeah it didn't work out for various reasons, so let's hot take his entire tenure as "clown shoes" as if this franchise was the Knicks, current Hornets, or pre Lebron Lakers.
    Dude, anyone that has the audacity to use revisionist hot take as an insult has to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror. Not only are you implying that my opinion is right (thank you btw), you?re implying that you have nothing to argue. Trying to discredit anyone?s opinion that way is frankly arrogant and you may as well run for political office.

The sad thing about you?re arrogance buddy is I think you completely misinterpreted what I meant by clownshoes and now you are trying to save face. No wonder you went straight for sentimentality rather than addressing the poor decisions this club has made when I mentioned clownshoes. Have a nice day.

Mistakes were made... let's move on. The future is bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    Mistakes were made... let's move on. The future is bright.
    That?s another great politician line. And yes I agree. The Gentry era of doom is over.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

I was a big proponent of the Asik trade at the time. He had a great year with Houston, and was showing major promise. He was a natural center too that could take the pressure off AD.

The big issue I had was after we saw that he was a terrible fit, and re-signing him to that albatross of a contract. WOOF.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I was a big proponent of the Asik trade at the time. He had a great year with Houston, and was showing major promise. He was a natural center too that could take the pressure off AD.

The big issue I had was after we saw that he was a terrible fit, and re-signing him to that albatross of a contract. WOOF.
    He re-signed in July of 2015. That was the summer right after they had just made the playoffs. And the contract was for 5 years and $44mil guaranteed. Which was eventually flipped into Nikola Mirotic and a 2nd playoff run in 2018.

The moaning about that Asik contract didnt begin until 2017 at the earliest. This is what I mean.

Not sure if this was discussed, but are able to swap the Lakers pick with the Bucks in 2024? There's overlap there in terms of our future firsts and pick swaps. Wondering if there's any language that says we either can or can't swap that Lakers 1st

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Not sure if this was discussed, but are able to swap the Lakers pick with the Bucks in 2024? There's overlap there in terms of our future firsts and pick swaps. Wondering if there's any language that says we either can or can't swap that Lakers 1st
    I read on some other board that you have to use your own pick

CONCRETE EVIDENCE

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I read on some other board that you have to use your own pick

CONCRETE EVIDENCE
    Lol well the pick would technically transfer to us prior to the draft, so it would be our own pick. But I'm not sure if that's legal

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Lol well the pick would technically transfer to us prior to the draft, so it would be our own pick. But I'm not sure if that's legal
    Post the question to the CBA or Transactions section of RealGM, some guru will come up with the answer

Thread Information