Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He is working hard to move Bledsoe, with the priority being to move up in draft, but that is proving difficult. Lately, I have been wondering if it would just be easier to use Bledsoe to move up from 24 and get another pick in the 12-17 range. Basically double up on your lotto ticket and if you hit on one guy you are golden. Examples would be something like:

Bledsoe, #24 for Cory Joseph, #12
    Bledsoe, #24 for Aminu, Khem Birch, #15
    Bledsoe, #24 for James Johnson, Okogie,#17

Vassell, Poku, Nesmith, Kira, Maxey, Jalen Smith, Hampton, Precious, Terry -- you take two of those guys. Whoever you like most that is on the board. Get two from that tier and while you try to develop both, obviously, if just one of them hits as an above avg starter or better, its a big win
    Why? Bledsoe is better than all those trades. I can understand using him and the 24 pick to move into the top 10, but I think Bledsoe by himself should be worth a pick in the mid to late teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Why? Bledsoe is better than all those trades. I can understand using him and the 24 pick to move into the top 10, but I think Bledsoe by himself should be worth a pick in the mid to late teens.
    Yeah, unless Bledsoe is unhappy and demanding out, I think I would rather just keep him and see how he fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    According to the general Talking Head-o-Sphere, Bledsoe's value around the league is a rough neutral, largely driven from the (Arguably correct) take that he doesn't actually improve a team's ceiling very much. Now of course, teams that are picking in the top 10 shouldn't care about ceilings yet because they don't even have a floor, but they're also not trading for Bledsoe because they're rebuilding and he's not as useful for them. And teams in the mid-to-late teams do care about ceilings because they're trying to start/continue competing and therefore don't value him highly.
    Basketball.

Bledsoe probably has the most value for teams trying to be relevant and steady. He won't raise your ceiling but he will raise your floor. Why I would target teams like Knicks, Pistons, and Magic
    @mcnamara247

Truncated Offseason Thread

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1410898/

Hill is getting some interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1410898/

Hill is getting some interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    fine to me, trade both Bledsoe and Hill

I think if I had to trade one of the two, it would be Bledsoe. I know that he is the better 2 way player at this point, but he's also the guy who openly tweets about wanting out of teams and such, and if he's that discontent with being on a non-playoff team (which we may well be this year) then he can go elsewhere. We don't need that in the locker room.

I think after Eric Gordon and AD and so on, I'm quite done with hosting players who literally want nothing more than to be anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Bledsoe probably has the most value for teams trying to be relevant and steady. He won't raise your ceiling but he will raise your floor. Why I would target teams like Knicks, Pistons, and Magic
    Just yesterday, I said...

Bledsoe and #24 for #8 and Elfrid

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Just yesterday, I said...

Bledsoe and #24 for #8 and Elfrid
    That's a pretty unexciting trade imo. Elfrid isn't a better guard option than we already have to be honest, and we have a lot of guards: plus if we got #8 and he slid, there's a decent chance we'd be walking out of the draft with at least one more guard who would be a better option than Elfrid; he's basically a nothing in this deal. So we'd be dealing Bledsoe and 24 for 8, basically, and that's far too much value for a not-even-top-5 pick in a bad draft.

I don’t care so much what the deal is, I just want the Pels to move Bledsoe. I trust that they will get all they can for him, but I want them to get rid of the contract. I can live with Hill and the one year he has left.

This is a decent move for the Bucks. Future 2nds are cheap for them anyway (they usually are, of course, for every team) so getting a decent one in the middle of the second this year is good. There's probably going to be someone there they can pick up, maybe a Skylar Mays or something, that they can throw a few regular season minutes at just to reduce load on their 4.5 good players. Obviously wouldn't be likely to get run in the playoffs but who cares?

Again, this is all assuming they even use it.

I'd rather deal Bledsoe and keep Hill. We need his shooting and locker room presence.

I’m fine with moving both. Hell, I’m fine with moving JJ if we really wanted to blow it up and the right deal presented itself. I’m just happy to see us attempting a steady rebuild for once.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I'd rather deal Bledsoe and keep Hill. We need his shooting and locker room presence.
    I agree. Although it has been said there isn't room for Hill and Redick I disagree. In particular, situations where you need a 3 or want to spread the floor we would have the top 2 3 point % shooters in the game literally spreading the floor.....would be a tough assignment for any team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    I agree. Although it has been said there isn't room for Hill and Redick I disagree. In particular, situations where you need a 3 or want to spread the floor we would have the top 2 3 point % shooters in the game literally spreading the floor.....would be a tough assignment for any team.
    Hill is a 1 who can shoot. He would likely start for us

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Would prefer to hold on to Hill unless we can get a 1st for him.

He's also a smart defender, even if age has robbed his top gear from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    Yeah Hill and JJ can play together. Redick is short but he's not a PG.

All in on moving Bled and keeping Hill

Gallinari signing with Hawks apparently

They've done their rebuild so well

hmm

The Milwaukee Bucks' agreement with the Sacramento Kings to acquire Bogdan Bogdanovic in a sign-and-trade is now in peril, source tell Sam Amick of The Athletic.

The deal was reported on Monday, several days before the opening of free agency in which teams could technically begin negotiating sign-and-trade deals.

hmm
    This is true, technically it constitutes tampering if Bogdan was talking to Milwaukee prior to the deadline.

This is a good move for Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This is true, technically it constitutes tampering if Bogdan was talking to Milwaukee prior to the deadline.
    Just let all teams talk to other teams. Open lines of communication. People will get to where they want to go one way or another.

Why the need for an arbitrary date to say 'ok, you can take the gag off now, you're allowed to speak'?

Never made sense to me

Thread Information