Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Additionally, if Harden is indeed headed to Brooklyn, there's a strong possibility that Bledsoe is now the best player on the market after FVV.

Would it make more sense for the Pels to wait until after teams miss out on FVV?

Well... Superstars are trying to abandon the West. So, I guess that's a good thing.

So let’s’ say we look to make a big move for a player here. The two guys that come to mind are Beal and KAT. Who you got that you think are obtainable if we decide to go that route?

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    So let’s’ say we look to make a big move for a player here. The two guys that come to mind are Beal and KAT. Who you got that you think are obtainable if we decide to go that route?
    I dont even waste time thinking about this any more. Almost all players come available nowadays. Just a matter of when and if they are predetermined to only want to go to a certain place. For instance, I do think Booker and KAT will eventually request out but they are going to angle towards New York with Leon Rose and World Wide Wes.

So you just gotta be patient and have the assets ready for when a star opts out and will do you the honor of even considering you
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I dont even waste time thinking about this any more. Almost all players come available nowadays. Just a matter of when and if they are predetermined to only want to go to a certain place. For instance, I do think Booker and KAT will eventually request out but they are going to angle towards New York with Leon Rose and World Wide Wes.

So you just gotta be patient and have the assets ready for when a star opts out and will do you the honor of even considering you
    I tend to feel the same way, but I am curious about the moves we can make here. Personally I haven?t looked too much into it which is why I am asking.

There is no move to make now. Maybe not one next year.

But every year, multiple stars will be disappointed by how their team finished, its general direction, a coach, an owner, or all of the above. They all want out eventually.

And you just save up your assets so you can make the best offer when they do.

But every year, multiple stars will be disappointed by how their team finished, its general direction, a coach, an owner, or all of the above. They all want out eventually.

I can get on board with that. I also think it would be wise to evaluate the new coach before we get hasty with big moves. That way we know what we need, etc.

Buh buh buh... what about moving Bledsoe

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I think it likely we move either Bledsoe or Hill. But neither must be moved, so it's not like we're forced into doing anything.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think it likely we move either Bledsoe or Hill. But neither must be moved, so it's not like we're forced into doing anything.
    I don't think we move Hill. As far as Bledsoe, if we do not move him, not the worst thing in the world. Have a feeling we are trying to couple him with #13 to move up to top 5 or 6 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I don't think we move Hill. As far as Bledsoe, if we do not move him, not the worst thing in the world. Have a feeling we are trying to couple him with #13 to move up to top 5 or 6 pick.
    There's not enough room on this roster for both Hill and JJ. They are 34 and 36 years old respectively. Both are long-ballers. Both are big defensive question marks. Neither fit the BI / ZW Timeline. At least one will be moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Don't do it Wiz

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    One option that I find interesting is maybe flipping Bledsoe to Atlanta for Dewayne Dedmon and the #6 pick. Bledsoe fits with Atlanta for all the same reasons Jrue did. Dedmon isn't a great player or contract at this point, but not terrible and only has 2 years left. Plus he fills a position of need for the Pels and played well a couple of years ago, so the upside seems to be there. Obviously, the true return is the #6 pick, and we've evidently been working to obtain a pick in that range.

Quote Originally Posted by pr1840 View Post
    One option that I find interesting is maybe flipping Bledsoe to Atlanta for Dewayne Dedmon and the #6 pick. Bledsoe fits with Atlanta for all the same reasons Jrue did. Dedmon isn't a great player or contract at this point, but not terrible and only has 2 years left. Plus he fills a position of need for the Pels and played well a couple of years ago, so the upside seems to be there. Obviously, the true return is the #6 pick, and we've evidently been working to obtain a pick in that range.
    I was thinking Bledsoe and #24 for #6 and Dedmon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I was thinking Bledsoe and #24 for #6 and Dedmon.
    This would mean that Bledsoe is worth the equivalent of the 8th or 9th pick by himself. Which he isn't.

13 and Bledsoe for 6 and Dedmon woukd be "fair" in a vacuum but I was told last night the Hawks don't have interest in that. Apparently they think they can get Rondo or Dunn or a handful of other solid guards in FA and don't think the gap between those guys and Bledsoe is as big as the gap between 6 and 13

that's why I'd seriously consider Wiseman at #1 if I was Minnesota

I agree with this totally. With Jrue, we had an option to trade for another great player in their prime in an attempt to contend.....after this trade, we're more likely biding our time for a few seasons and developing talent.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    There's not enough room on this roster for both Hill and JJ. They are 34 and 36 years old respectively. Both are long-ballers. Both are big defensive question marks. Neither fit the BI / ZW Timeline. At least one will be moved.
    SVG and Griff both mentioned having veteran leaders. Neither are long term pieces. Plenty of room for both.

This would mean that Bledsoe is worth the equivalent of the 8th or 9th pick by himself. Which he isn't.

13 and Bledsoe for 6 and Dedmon woukd be "fair" in a vacuum but I was told last night the Hawks don't have interest in that. Apparently they think they can get Rondo or Dunn or a handful of other solid guards in FA and don't think the gap between those guys and Bledsoe is as big as the gap between 6 and 13
    So what do you think it will cost us to trade up to 6? And do you think we do it?

13, 24, and hill?

Trading up doesn't have a fixed cost that you either do or don't. The other team has to agree and it sounds like teams in that range love certain guys and they won't trade down if their guy is there. But if say Pat Williams is gone at 7, Detroit might trade down. Griff is trying but it takes two

So are we more than likely keeping Bledsoe to start the season? Bledsoe isn’t a trash player. He is still at least an average starting PG/SG.

This lineup would be solid and deep...

PG: Ball/Bledsoe/NAW
    SG: Redick/Hill/Jackson
    SF: Ingram/Hart/Bey
    PF: Zion/Melli/Bey
    C: Baynes/Hayes/Jalen Smith
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 11-17-2020 at 11:54 PM.

He is working hard to move Bledsoe, with the priority being to move up in draft, but that is proving difficult. Lately, I have been wondering if it would just be easier to use Bledsoe to move up from 24 and get another pick in the 12-17 range. Basically double up on your lotto ticket and if you hit on one guy you are golden. Examples would be something like:

Bledsoe, #24 for Cory Joseph, #12
    Bledsoe, #24 for Aminu, Khem Birch, #15
    Bledsoe, #24 for James Johnson, Okogie,#17

Vassell, Poku, Nesmith, Kira, Maxey, Jalen Smith, Hampton, Precious, Terry -- you take two of those guys. Whoever you like most that is on the board. Get two from that tier and while you try to develop both, obviously, if just one of them hits as an above avg starter or better, its a big win

He is working hard to move Bledsoe, with the priority being to move up in draft, but that is proving difficult. Lately, I have been wondering if it would just be easier to use Bledsoe to move up from 24 and get another pick in the 12-17 range. Basically double up on your lotto ticket and if you hit on one guy you are golden. Examples would be something like:

Bledsoe, #24 for Cory Joseph, #12
    Bledsoe, #24 for Aminu, Khem Birch, #15
    Bledsoe, #24 for James Johnson, Okogie,#17

Vassell, Poku, Nesmith, Kira, Maxey, Jalen Smith, Hampton, Precious, Terry -- you take two of those guys. Whoever you like most that is on the board. Get two from that tier and while you try to develop both, obviously, if just one of them hits as an above avg starter or better, its a big win
    I think I like that idea.

Thread Information