Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Three 1sts for Jrue Holiday? Well damn. Ok.

Made me choke.
    Three firsts and the swaps.

Bucks are going all in on this. If Giannis leaves they've just Billy King'd themselves.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Three firsts and the swaps.

Bucks are going all in on this. If Giannis leaves they've just Billy King'd themselves.
    I couldnt even make it to the swaps. Would have needed CPR. There has to be a catch. Need full details.

My god.

So I assume Lonzo will be on a new team soon as well.

I couldnt even make it to the swaps. Would have needed CPR. There has to be a catch. Need full details.

My god.

So I assume Lonzo will be on a new team soon as well.
    I would assume that Lonzo, Bledsoe, and Hill are all in the air. Any of them could be about to go anywhere.

Interesting deal to say the least. Lots of picks and good veteran presence in return. Not sure the picks will amount to much apart from trade fodder (which is nice to have). We could hit the jackpot though if Giannis takes his talents to South Beach

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Interesting deal to say the least. Lots of picks and good veteran presence in return. Not sure the picks will amount to much apart from trade fodder (which is nice to have). We could hit the jackpot though if Giannis takes his talents to South Beach
    That's the gamble.

Speaking of South Beach, wasn't there Bledsoe to Miami rumbles a while back? Let's restart that. There's a dialogue to be had: Bledsoe + 24 for Duncan Robinson?

That's the gamble.

Speaking of South Beach, wasn't there Bledsoe to Miami rumbles a while back? Let's restart that. There's a dialogue to be had: Bledsoe + 24 for Duncan Robinson?
    I can see us seeking a deal like that. Personally I don’t see Lonzo going anywhere unless he flat out says he wants out, so Bledsoe seems the likelier move if so.

I can see us seeking a deal like that. Personally I don’t see Lonzo going anywhere unless he flat out says he wants out, so Bledsoe seems the likelier move if so.
    I don't see any reason to have particular loyalty to Lonzo. If nothing good comes up, then nothing good comes up, but I would be shocked if Griff wasn't open to offers.

We need Jrue and Giannis to opt out

I don't see any reason to have particular loyalty to Lonzo. If nothing good comes up, then nothing good comes up, but I would be shocked if Griff wasn't open to offers.
    It?s not about loyalty so much as I don?t think we have finished analyzing him yet. Gentry ball was let?s face it- a disaster of epic proportions. Lonzo to his credit has shown promise in his 3 pointer and he even improved ten percentage points on his FT?s. We may even be able to get more value out of him if he keeps improving in those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    We need Jrue and Giannis to opt out
    And to take their talents to South Beach

It?s not about loyalty so much as I don?t think we have finished analyzing him yet. Gentry ball was let?s face it- a disaster of epic proportions. Lonzo to his credit has shown promise in his 3 pointer and he even improved ten percentage points on his FT?s. We may even be able to get more value out of him if he keeps improving in those areas.
    For every bit of extra value you get for him on court, you lose value by shrinking the time he gets to spend with his new team. Plus, you always run the risk of regression: what if he starts off the season with 20 games of garbage (which would not be at all surprising) and come January nobody is interested? That's a risk. If you get a decent offer now, you take it imo.

And of course, for all we laud his shooting improvements last season, remember that one of his major selling points is defense and he took a big step back last year defensively.

For every bit of extra value you get for him on court, you lose value by shrinking the time he gets to spend with his new team. Plus, you always run the risk of regression: what if he starts off the season with 20 games of garbage (which would not be at all surprising) and come January nobody is interested? That's a risk. If you get a decent offer now, you take it imo.

And of course, for all we laud his shooting improvements last season, remember that one of his major selling points is defense and he took a big step back last year defensively.
    I was disappointed with Jrue's D a lot last year, won't lie

Gentry ball was no disaster. Especially for Lonzo who had his best year as a pro. Good came of it.

Perfect time to flip that while his warts still have a little bit of lipstick.

Miami wanted Jrue. I wonder if they would be interested in Jrue 2.0 (Bledsoe)?

Or Atlanta for that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I was disappointed with Jrue's D a lot last year, won't lie
    His 1v1 D was incredible (I still remember him absolutely stonewalling Jokic in the post extensively lol) but it's true that his team D took a step back. Part of that is because team D requires communication and stuff and it was evident that this team just had none of it, but at the same time he was more prone to off-ball lapses than usual.

Being in Milwaukee will probably bring him back on that though, given guys like Giannis and DiVincenzo and Brook Lopez being there. Gives him the team context to return to form.

Chances are we get nothing for him if we trade him now. Sure, we could deal him for a squid platter. But what do we really get out of moving him atm?

Gentry ball was no disaster. Especially for Lonzo who had his best year as a pro. Good came of it.

Perfect time to flip that while his warts still have a little bit of lipstick.
    This is true. One thing about Gentry is that did really like Lonzo, and gave him tons of opportunities and chances.

Chances are we get nothing for him if we trade him now. Sure, we could deal him for a squid platter. But what do we really get out of moving him atm?
    I don't know, but Griff will. I didn't say ''Griff must trade Lonzo immediately'', I said that if you get a decent offer, you take it.

I'm still not sure if we keep Lonzo to be honest.

His 1v1 D was incredible (I still remember him absolutely stonewalling Jokic in the post extensively lol) but it's true that his team D took a step back. Part of that is because team D requires communication and stuff and it was evident that this team just had none of it, but at the same time he was more prone to off-ball lapses than usual.

Being in Milwaukee will probably bring him back on that though, given guys like Giannis and DiVincenzo and Brook Lopez being there. Gives him the team context to return to form.
    I guess Milwaukee will look to sign another lead guard. But as it stands, their backcourt is Jrue and Wes Matthews. Which means Jrue has to initiate again.

I'm not telling them nothin.

I guess Milwaukee will look to sign another lead guard. But as it stands, their backcourt is Jrue and Wes Matthews. Which means Jrue has to initiate again.

I'm not telling them nothin.
    Wes Matthews opted out iirc.

In any case, it's not quite the same because Giannis is capable of being a ballhandler somewhat, whereas someone like AD really wasn't. You still don't want Giannis on-ball quite as much as he was last year (he really should be playing more as a roller sometimes) but you can trust him to do that a bit, which takes some pressure off Jrue.

I don't know, but Griff will. I didn't say ''Griff must trade Lonzo immediately'', I said that if you get a decent offer, you take it.
    Fair enough. When I made that statement I took into account that there were probably zilch offers for Lonzo. None that were worth a damn anyway. I don?t think it?s out of the question that he wants a move though. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I'm still not sure if we keep Lonzo to be honest.
    I don't see why we would honestly, unless we're legitimately just getting nothing in the offers for him. He's coming up for his payday that he will inevitably be offered by someone just because hyped up top 3 prospects always are, and he's done essentially nothing to show that he can actually be the starting PG on a functional offense. If someone offers you any value at all, you should be very open to it imo.

I don't see why we would honestly, unless we're legitimately just getting nothing in the offers for him. He's coming up for his payday that he will inevitably be offered by someone just because hyped up top 3 prospects always are, and he's done essentially nothing to show that he can actually be the starting PG on a functional offense. If someone offers you any value at all, you should be very open to it imo.
    I guess we can use him to move up in the draft..

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I'd bite the bullet and move Lonzo and Redick for picks/players.

Thread Information