Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    David Griffin isn’t a bum and we don’t have to trade Jrue. I’m expecting a great deal.
    Assuming we do trade Jrue (which, remember, still isn't a physical necessity or anything: if Jrue has requested a move, then we have yet to hear of it) I trust Griff to do his best to get a good deal. If trading him is something we're forced to do, however, you can only get what's on offer, and with guys like Harden now apparently fluid movers there's some competition for the best deals.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Assuming we do trade Jrue (which, remember, still isn't a physical necessity or anything: if Jrue has requested a move, then we have yet to hear of it) I trust Griff to do his best to get a good deal. If trading him is something we're forced to do, however, you can only get what's on offer, and with guys like Harden now apparently fluid movers there's some competition for the best deals.
    Exactly my point. Im not sure if we're standing by the rumor that we'll only deal him to the east (Which I don't believe. Why limit our options?) But the east teams are in hard competition for Harden and Westbrook so good deals are scarce in the east. The West however can offer a slew of "Potentially" beneficial assets.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Exactly my point. Im not sure if we're standing by the rumor that we'll only deal him to the east (Which I don't believe. Why limit our options?) But the east teams are in hard competition for Harden and Westbrook so good deals are scarce in the east. The West however can offer a slew of "Potentially" beneficial assets.
    No team is withholding their best Holiday offer in order to make a run at Westbrook. The teams looking to deal for Westbrook will be those at the bottom of the barrel desperate for a ratings boost

One correction I would issue is that teams don't appear to be in hard competition for Westbrook. Every report that has come out has basically said that the market for him is incredibly empty. Which makes sense, imo, he's an athleticism reliant PG on the wrong side of 30 with several years of declining efficiency basically everywhere on the floor and a contract the size of a small country's GDP.

Kris Dunn apparently being allowed to walk

RoLo hitting the open market

RoLo hitting the open market
    Interesting. Know he can defend and shoot. Is he a good rebounder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would like Dunn as a backup guard. He is a pretty good defender. However, if Clippers are competition, we probably will not get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Interesting. Know he can defend and shoot. Is he a good rebounder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you're thinking of Brook. RoLo is 32 and has never shot better than 33% from 3 in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Would like Dunn as a backup guard. He is a pretty good defender. However, if Clippers are competition, we probably will not get a chance.
    He is a really good defender, for sure. The problem is that he's also pretty awful offensively. Like, ''has a career high TS% of 51%'' bad. 44/26/74 splits this year, following 42/35/79 last year, 42/32/74 the year before that. Basically Lonzo levels of offense.

How many good defensive point guards who can't score whatsoever or manipulate defenses with the threat of offense can one team feasibly handle? If Dunn were to be acquired (hypothetically) that would be a fairly strong sign that Lonzo needs to go imo.

Kris Dunn apparently being allowed to walk
    What does the qualifying offer thing mean? Can you only offer one QO per season or?

Can't each player have their own QO?

Edit: I see now. Darnell Mayberry isn't a player. What a ********ing ********tily worded Tweet
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-16-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Saw this proposed trade:

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (Sign and Trade), Alex Caruso for J.J. Redick

In Mike's words: "Just Do It"!!

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Saw this proposed trade:

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (Sign and Trade), Alex Caruso for J.J. Redick

In Mike's words: "Just Do It"!!
    Why

I do like Caruso tho

He is a really good defender, for sure. The problem is that he's also pretty awful offensively. Like, ''has a career high TS% of 51%'' bad. 44/26/74 splits this year, following 42/35/79 last year, 42/32/74 the year before that. Basically Lonzo levels of offense.

How many good defensive point guards who can't score whatsoever or manipulate defenses with the threat of offense can one team feasibly handle? If Dunn were to be acquired (hypothetically) that would be a fairly strong sign that Lonzo needs to go imo.
    Because we do not need low priced backup role players?

Nets really don't make sense next two really high usage players. A foul artist just isn't a valuable skill outside of the regular season. I think a cornerstone defensive anchor lower usage player like Jrue would fit and complement that Big 3 better.

I guess Harden scoring, passing, and stls can fit, but I guess they'll probably stagger minutes to give enough shots to everyone. Harden's iso while deadly is just soooo high usage and bog down a game. His defense is respectable now.
    Last edited by Taker597; 11-16-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Nets really don't make sense next two really high usage players. A foul artist just isn't a valuable skill outside of the regular season. I think a cornerstone defensive anchor lower usage player like Jrue would fit and complement that Big 3 better.

I guess Harden scoring, passing, and stls can fit, but I guess they'll probably stagger minutes to give enough shots to everyone. Harden's iso while deadly is just soooo high usage and bog down a game. His defense is respectable now.
    Screws with Jrue's trade value

Tried us so hard with that one lol

However in other news.... I'm sure it doesn't mean much but at least we're hard bargaining

They are still trying to pawn Kuzma off on us

As if I couldn't hate the Lakers any more

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Why

I do like Caruso tho
    1. They are both upgrades defensively
    2. With an three year extension, KCP at age 26 fits timeline better than Reddick (36)
    3. KCP has played for SVG who lauded his play defensively
    4. Reddick's contract is up next year.
    5. Both have recent rich playoff experience.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    1. They are both upgrades defensively
    2. With an three year extension, KCP at age 26 fits timeline better than Reddick (36)
    3. KCP has played for SVG who lauded his play defensively
    4. Reddick's contract is up next year.
    5. Both have recent rich playoff experience.
    KCP is 27.

I'm not saying I hate it at all. I kinda like it

KCP won me over in the Finals.

He's JR Smith if JR had a brain

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Screws with Jrue's trade value
    Not at all... After Harden gets dealt.. His value will shoot back up if an arms race starts to develop.

Gross at KCP and Caruso. Not even if you pay me.

Thread Information