Pelicans Report

Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Even if not photoshopped, that picture is a few years old. 5 Miles stopped being the Mavericks jersey sponsor after the 18-19 season.
    Yeah I thought chime was their sponsor now.

Well the Greek Freak just signed his extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    That’s honestly a good thing, right? Super Max cripple teams long term unless you have Golden State Money to pay the tax.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    That’s honestly a good thing, right? Super Max cripple teams long term unless you have Golden State Money to pay the tax.
    take it a step further...could entice zion to sign long term with our small market team.....plus giannis has a opt out in 4 years and thats when our picks kick in if im not mistaken...

As much as I wanted to root for Milwaukee. I physically can't since the trade. Bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    As much as I wanted to root for Milwaukee. I physically can't since the trade. Bummed.
    You can... Their picks don't matter till 2025 lol

This is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    And he'll still request a trade next year.

I hate and love the SuperMax. They need to make where small market team can actually benefit from it instead of being in cap hell up against the cap.

Large Market can just tank. Build a young cheap core. Get a superteam at a FA "Discount" Max.

I hate and love the SuperMax. They need to make where small market team can actually benefit from it instead of being in cap hell up against the cap.

Large Market can just tank. Build a young cheap core. Get a superteam at a FA "Discount" Max.
    So suppose the Pelicans give Zion a SuperMax and we need to go into the luxury tax to win a championship. Is there a way to win enough/sell enough gear/etc. to pay for the extra salaries and the luxury tax?

Quote Originally Posted by johnpagenola View Post
    So suppose the Pelicans give Zion a SuperMax and we need to go into the luxury tax to win a championship. Is there a way to win enough/sell enough gear/etc. to pay for the extra salaries and the luxury tax?
    Considering the Pelicans lives off of revenue sharing. I believe we run at an Operation Deficit for the past few years.

Only make around 200 million in revenue.

OG Hornets Fan - Est. 1988 TxAggie713's Avatar
    Correct

Considering the Pelicans lives off of revenue sharing. I believe we run at an Operation Deficit for the past few years.

Only make around 200 million in revenue.
    That's not true since Tom and Gayle took over. The previous ownership was deep in debt yes.

Outside of Cali and NY teams, the entire league pulls in around 220mm - 300mm in revenue.

All teams had an operating profit except OKC pre-covid. Pelicans had higher gate receipts than Memphis, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Indiana. About the same as Phoenix. Debt to EV of around 13% which is middle of the pack.

That's not true since Tom and Gayle took over. The previous ownership was deep in debt yes.

Outside of Cali and NY teams, the entire league pulls in around 220mm - 300mm in revenue.

All teams had an operating profit except OKC pre-covid. Pelicans had higher gate receipts than Memphis, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Indiana. About the same as Phoenix. Debt to EV of around 13% which is middle of the pack.
    https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/19/1...ts-why-matters

And we are bottom of the league in revenue.

That could be true, but that article is 3 years old. I doubt the pels remain that way once fans are let back in the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by glepurple View Post
    That could be true, but that article is 3 years old. I doubt the pels remain that way once fans are let back in the arena.
    Yes the latest audit from Forbes show Pelicans now 29th in value.

And revenue only mean as much as your costs. Hence a couple teams have higher revenue, but are in the red.
    Last edited by luckyman; 12-16-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glepurple View Post
    But we weren't even a tax team and we was losing money. That's the point I'm trying to make.

But we weren't even a tax team and we was losing money. That's the point I'm trying to make.
    You're going to have to show when this was ever the case.

The point is, New Orleans isn't some outlier franchise. If they are losing money, then likely at least 2/3 of the entire league is losing money.

Before Zion and Ingram?

You should love this . Keeps him out of California for awhile.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 12-16-2020 at 10:03 AM.

You're going to have to show when this was ever the case.

The point is, New Orleans isn't some outlier franchise. If they are losing money, then likely at least 2/3 of the entire league is losing money.

We would be dead in the waters if not for revenue sharing

As would any team not in a large market.

Definitely need to have a franchise tag or something to really differentiate and assist teams giving out the Supermax

Hopefully we get better attendance when this COVID thing ends.

Thread Information