Pelicans Report

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The number of very good sports professionals who are about as articulate as mashed potatoes is a very high one.
    Lack of charisma doesn’t = lack of intelligence either. I’m not going to hold that against Jax when most athletes get away with not honing their speech skills.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Lack of charisma doesn’t = lack of intelligence either. I’m not going to hold that against Jax when most athletes get away with not honing their speech skills.
    Yep, it's not an issue. There are lots of people who are not particularly good speakers who are very good at what they do. There are a lot of ways to be intelligent, and many of them don't show up in interviews.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It's not that he lacks charisma. Just seems kind of...dim. Doesn't require the sharpest tool in the shed to play basketball...but it doesn't hurt. Oh well.

Jax sounds just fine talking to reporters. He doesn't sound unintelligent at all. Does he need to crack jokes? As a person that has done 100+ presentations...Wth are yall talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It's not that he lacks charisma. Just seems kind of...dim. Doesn't require the sharpest tool in the shed to play basketball...but it doesn't hurt. Oh well.
    One of the great things about ex-NBA players going into the media is that you get a true, frequent insight into how utterly dim many of them are. You hear Chris Webber begin to talk about anything and your brain switches off. Spend more than 3 minutes listening to Charles Barkley attempt to discuss almost anything, and your frontal lobe melts and dribbles out of your ears. Just stunningly dim people. Yet their on-court careers speak for themselves.

I listened to that whole interview and clearly understood everything he was talking about.

Why is this board so wierdo?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I listened to that whole interview and clearly understood everything he was talking about.

Why is this board so wierdo?
    We're not talking about the same thing. It's not his ability to speak clearly. Don't trouble yourself with my shared murmurings. It's not a big deal.

Pelicans finalized their training camp roster. Oddly enough don't see Naji Marshall's name included. The other 2-way is there.

Pelicans finalized their training camp roster. Oddly enough don't see Naji Marshall's name included. The other 2-way is there.
    If the roster is accurate, it appears NAW changed his # to 6, which must have led to Bledsoe taking #5.

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/news/pe...ng-camp-roster

Marshall never put pen to paper?

Naji Marshall from the Xavier Musketeers has verbally agreed to a two-way contract with the New Orleans Pelicans
    Verbally agreed ey?

So I wonder what the deal with Naji is. I highly doubt our reporters even care to ask.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    So I wonder what the deal with Naji is. I highly doubt our reporters even care to ask.
    Marshall to be at practice tomorrow per Van Gundy....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    Marshall to be at practice tomorrow per Van Gundy....
    Cool and the other NBL 2-way still in Australia.

The beginning of the season gonna be sloppy.

otoh..Memphis will start regular season without JJJ and Winslow. Dallas will start without Porzingis.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1607313718861.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	6556
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Kira's handle =

Lol I thought this was serious at first
    Last edited by AusPel; 12-08-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Tilman Ferttita is broke though, as NBA owners go.

And OKC's arena sponsor is bankrupt. Good old Smoothie King still expanding.

Finally

The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that the team has signed free agent Naji Marshall to a two-way contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Poku's release is super quick

Let's hope OKC are a lot better than advertised. We don't want them getting Cade

"The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Overt View Post
    cool

So Luka got fat as hell real quick

This is not photoshopped

This fat ****** ain't winning MVP
    Last edited by AusPel; 12-13-2020 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

This is not photoshopped

Luka's about to drop 40 point triple doubles on half the league even if he has put on some weight, and it's going to be hilarious. Like when fat Jokic was ripping everyone up and nobody could believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

This is not photoshopped

Even if not photoshopped, that picture is a few years old. 5 Miles stopped being the Mavericks jersey sponsor after the 18-19 season.

Thread Information