Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

In fairness to the Hornets, what success looks like for every team is different.

The reality is that they've been god-awful for years now. Even when Kemba was there. In the last decade they've won more than 40 games only twice, in the East. For comparison, they've had 3 seasons with fewer than 30 wins in that time. They're just awful, have been awful for ages, it's bad.

For them, they've got some good players now. They have PJ Washington, they've just drafted someone they hope can be special in LaMelo, they have Miles Bridges and Malik Monk and Devonte' Graham.

Adding Hayward, they're very possibly a playoff team this year. Just achieving that for a couple of seasons is probably a big win for them, and it gives their fans reason to watch, and by the time they have to extend Washington and (possibly) Ball if he ends up being good, Hayward's deal will be expiring.

No, paying Hayward essentially $40m a year is not good. But for them, with nobody going there otherwise, it's that or miss the playoffs for another 5 years arguably, so I get it.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I, it's that or miss the playoffs for another 5 years arguably, so I get it.
    With any luck Batum will be off the books by then

In fairness to the Hornets, what success looks like for every team is different.

The reality is that they've been god-awful for years now. Even when Kemba was there. In the last decade they've won more than 40 games only twice, in the East. For comparison, they've had 3 seasons with fewer than 30 wins in that time. They're just awful, have been awful for ages, it's bad.

For them, they've got some good players now. They have PJ Washington, they've just drafted someone they hope can be special in LaMelo, they have Miles Bridges and Malik Monk and Devonte' Graham.

Adding Hayward, they're very possibly a playoff team this year. Just achieving that for a couple of seasons is probably a big win for them, and it gives their fans reason to watch, and by the time they have to extend Washington and (possibly) Ball if he ends up being good, Hayward's deal will be expiring.

No, paying Hayward essentially $40m a year is not good. But for them, with nobody going there otherwise, it's that or miss the playoffs for another 5 years arguably, so I get it.
    How else were the Hornets going to get Hayward to come there? They are just trying to fill the arena and become relevant which they haven?t been since the 90s pretty much unless you count their time with us using the team name. They banking on Hayward becoming healthy again and being a fringe All Star. If he didn?t have those concerns he?s likely on a much better team. I don?t blame them whatsoever. I bet the fans don?t care all that much either. It?s probably the first time they have been excited about their team in a really long time. Hopefully Ball works out for them and isn?t another bust. PJ Washington looks to be a player. Graham looks to be a find they got in the 2nd round. Hopefully Miles Bridges can live up more to expectations. MJ may have finally got them a team to make a playoff run.

I mean okay.

I mean okay.
    Let’s get him. A few free agent sites have him behind Melo & BI as the best small forward left on the market.

Here is his highlights from last year which are all defense cause he’s terrible on offense. He’s just a slasher.

https://youtu.be/I7hiQAr6rwY

OK Griff, now's your time to shine

Let's go live to Griff's hotel room now to get an update from the busy man.

The door's open, let's go in

Last edited by AusPel; 11-21-2020 at 05:33 PM.

The Hawks have made some moves, but they had to spend that money.

C: Capela, Okongwu
    PF: Collins, Fernando
    SF: Gallinari, Hunter, Snell
    SG: Huerter, Reddish, Mays
    PG: Young, Rondo, Dunn

Will they play Galo at small forward cause I would think Collins & Capela are gonna start as well? They could challenge for a playoff spot in the crap east

Events

Events
    HEY GRI

never mind

It's really an end of an Era for the Spurs. I guess all those FO poaching has really caught up to them. They fallen off so hard since trading Leonard.

Is Rozier part of a S&T for Hayward?

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    Is Rozier part of a S&T for Hayward?
    Gordy got signed into capspace

Events
    Rozier is a superstar??? Wow I never knew that!

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    OK Griff, now's your time to shine

Let's go live to Griff's hotel room now to get an update from the busy man.

The door's open, let's go in

You've been in a frisky mood, lately. I like it. Lol
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Just wanna say, the Lakers have improved a lot this offseason. No stars or true individual difference makers, but retaining KCP, adding Wes Matthews, and sticking Montrezl on the bench is good for them. I don't actually think Montrezl or Schroeder raise their ceiling for the playoffs much, but I do think they take a lot of regular season pressure off Lebron and AD, which still helps.

Where can I find a list of the G-league shooter's and wings? Asking for a friend.

FYI...Antonio Daniels has his own show on Sirius NBA Radio called Give and Go. Every weekday at noon CDT.

Kind of surprised E'Twaun has had no published bites

Thread Information