Pelicans Report

Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Why do you people care? They are not winning a championship this year. If the main complaint in wing depth, then that's great. Have a ton of ammo to address that some other time.
    Yeah, but we don't have to be awful to reap the benefit of those asset.

Let’s sign Torrey Craig to a 1 year vet minimum deal to give us a defensive stopper for them beast small forwards in the league.

C: Adams, Hayes, Maker
    PF: Zion, Melli
    SF: BI, Craig
    SG: JJ, Hart, NAW
    PG: Lonzo, Bledsoe, Kira

Then bring in another minimum big man, preferably a center that can stretch the floor and I’ll be fine with that offseason. Wonder how much Thon Maker would cost??

And resign BI, but that’s a no brainer
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 11-21-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Zion View Post
    Someone from that group will not be on the team, if I understand the situation correctly. The Hornets have to trim $7.5m in payroll to be able to take on Heyward?s deal.
    Well they just waived Batum

Call me crazy, but to spice things up significantly, I'd consider offering Boogie a 1 & 1 (League Minimum - CO). If he came in only to spread the court while re-establishing himself, our front court would be a physical nightmare to opposing teams.

Adams (.589)
    Cousins (21.2 / 10.9 / 3.2)
    Zion (.583)

That's a lot of beef!!! I would bait the opposition to drive the lane.
    Last edited by As I See It; 11-21-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Call me crazy, but to spice things up significantly, I'd consider offering Boogie a 1 & 1 (League Minimum - CO). If he came in only to spread the court while re-establishing himself, our front court would be a physical nightmare to opposing teams.

Adams (.589)
    Cousins (21.2 / 10.9 / 3.2)
    Zion (.583)

That's a lot of beef!!!
    I would be for it. But I doubt he comes back here. He's too emotional to let that grudge go lol. Also he wants to win now. He wants to play for a contender

I would not sign Boogie if it was for free.

Locker room cancer at this point. Toxic personality. Threatened to shoot a woman in the head, if we haven't all magically forgotten that for some reason. Lied about the franchise publicly on multiple occasions.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Let’s sign Torrey Craig to a 1 year vet minimum deal to give us a defensive stopper for them beast small forwards in the league.

C: Adams, Hayes, Maker
    PF: Zion, Melli
    SF: BI, Craig
    SG: JJ, Hart, NAW
    PG: Lonzo, Bledsoe, Kira

Then bring in another minimum big man, preferably a center that can stretch the floor and I’ll be fine with that offseason. Wonder how much Thon Maker would cost??
    Craig is a no brainer. I don't know why he hasn't gone yet

Batum waived for the right price he would be a solid SF pickup
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    Batum waived for the right price he would be a solid SF pickup
    5years/120mil + incentives?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I would not sign Boogie if it was for free.

100% agree

I have to admit, I don't really have a good picture in my head of Torrey Craig as a player. I just never really took particular note of him. So I looked him up and can anyone explain to me why he's apparently such a no-brainer?

PIPM: -3.04
    RPM: -2
    BPM: -2.3
    RAPTOR: -1.14

Barely scraped league average TS% last season, which was the first time he managed it. Has never shot better than 32% from 3. Good rim finisher on fairly low volume. Higher TOV% than AST%, sub-10% REB%, shot 61% from the FT line last year, and was a -11.3 On/Off this year.

What's the deal?

I have to admit, I don't really have a good picture in my head of Torrey Craig as a player. I just never really took particular note of him. So I looked him up and can anyone explain to me why he's apparently such a no-brainer?

Barely scraped league average TS% last season, which was the first time he managed it. Has never shot better than 32% from 3. Good rim finisher on fairly low volume. Higher TOV% than AST%, sub-10% REB%, shot 61% from the FT line last year, and was a -11.3 On/Off this year.

What's the deal?
    My eye test rates him

Maybe I'm a little biased too coz he played quite a few seasons in the NBL

Wonder if Paul Millsap would come here on a cheap deal to play in his home state?? He would be ideal for Zion to learn from since he’s also a smaller power forward.

He could teach Zion all the little tricks that he uses being a small power forward
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 11-21-2020 at 02:22 PM.

What's the deal?
    I don’t know. I know he’s pretty terrible on offense, but i thought he was good on defense and I think we could use a defensive small forward over anything else. He got some starts for the team that made the Western conference final, so he’s got really recent deep playoff experience. And he would likely be extremely cheap lol
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 11-21-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Wonder if Paul Millsap would come here on a cheap deal to play in his home state?? He would be ideal for Zion to learn from since he’s also a smaller power forward.
    30 mill to cheap? Nahhh that unrealistic

Wonder if Paul Millsap would come here on a cheap deal to play in his home state?? He would be ideal for Zion to learn from since he?s also a smaller power forward.
    Mac's been keen for a while. Can't think of anyone left with a better pedigree tbh

Milsap probably ring chasing with Celtics.

Can’t see Millsap signing here

Who's left then

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Who's left then
    Tristan Thompsons lol
    Baynes lol
    Batum lol

And a few others

We will surely be window shopping the summer league GOAT market

The summer league that's not happening?

The summer league that's not happening?
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Tristan Thompsons lol
    Baynes lol
    Batum lol

And a few others
    Alex Len

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    30 mill to cheap? Nahhh that unrealistic
    Plus Milsap is from north LA. North and south LA might as well be 2 different states.

Thread Information