Pelicans Report

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    We badly need another sf.. BI is our only legit sf on the team
    BI is on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Bucks have essentially turned Wes Matthews, Eric Bledsoe, and George Hill into DJ Augustin, Bobby Portis, and Jrue Holiday.

I love Jrue, we all know that, and I think he's an upgrade on Bledsoe, but Portis is a huge downgrade from Matthews and Augustine is a slight step fown from Hill.

Then they missed hard on Bogdan. And Robin Lopez left.
    mutha ********ing ********knuckles

Bucks have essentially turned Wes Matthews, Eric Bledsoe, and George Hill into DJ Augustin, Bobby Portis, and Jrue Holiday.

I love Jrue, we all know that, and I think he's an upgrade on Bledsoe, but Portis is a huge downgrade from Matthews and Augustine is a slight step fown from Hill.

Then they missed hard on Bogdan. And Robin Lopez left.
    Giannis to New Orleans confirmed?

Bucks are honestly in a pretty rough position right now. The Bogdan trade falling through is a huge issue for them.
    Basketball.

See how ********ing hard it is to attract free agents here?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I think that will get better with time as we are a more sustained winner. It is not the location or city etc. as you can just look next door to the Saints and see they have no issues with that. The Saints are successful cause they have their act together. So one can easily assume the same can happen for the Pels in due time.

Fred VanVleet has agreed to a four-year, $85M deal to re-sign with the Toronto Raptors, agent Brian Jungreis of @ParLay_SE told @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

FVV hustled

Big name FA?s? Yes. Almost impossible. If we reached sustained success as another poster just said, we will get good offers for the ring chasers. That is why we will likely get the big name via trade.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Big name FA?s? Yes. Almost impossible. If we reached sustained success as another poster just said, we will get good offers for the ring chasers. That is why we will likely get the big name via trade.
    any FA you like

any FA you like
    Right now? I agree with the shouts that we should go for Crowder as a backup on the MLE. Other than that, I?m not really seeing anyone I want to bring in at this point in time

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Right now? I agree with the shouts that we should go for Crowder as a backup on the MLE. Other than that, I?m not really seeing anyone I want to bring in at this point in time
    Moe Harkless was less than 4 mil, would have been superb

Could have got Kris Dunn for the BAE

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    I think that will get better with time as we are a more sustained winner. It is not the location or city etc. as you can just look next door to the Saints and see they have no issues with that. The Saints are successful cause they have their act together. So one can easily assume the same can happen for the Pels in due time.
    Didnt this team just sign JJ Redick? One of the most highly regarded free agents in the league?

The goal is to not attract middling non-all star FAs looking for 3/4 year deals. Which is 95% of this free agent class.

The main "free agent" this team needs to sign in BI.

I think that something you have to consider is player choice.

Sure you can beat yourself up thinking ''oh but we could have had Moe Harkless for $4m...''

But could we? I'm sure the front office didn't just forget that he exists. Maybe he's willing to go play for Miami - a championship contender coming off a finals run - for $3.6m, but wouldn't come to the Pelicans for so little. I can't imagine Griff hasn't done his due diligence on a bunch of guys who ended up signing elsewhere, but decided against them either for roster reasons, for contract length reasons, or because they wanted more to come to a lottery team than to go to a contender.

I think that something you have to consider is player choice.

Sure you can beat yourself up thinking ''oh but we could have had Moe Harkless for $4m...''

But could we? I'm sure the front office didn't just forget that he exists. Maybe he's willing to go play for Miami - a championship contender coming off a finals run - for $3.6m, but wouldn't come to the Pelicans for so little. I can't imagine Griff hasn't done his due diligence on a bunch of guys who ended up signing elsewhere, but decided against them either for roster reasons, for contract length reasons, or because they wanted more to come to a lottery team than to go to a contender.
    When I made my post about Harkless at 4 mil, my point was that it was the going rate, but we were bypassed for someone else as we usually are for whatever reason.

I wasn't insinuating the front office was just being lax and that's why we whiffed

What's the likelihood we extend Adams? I know ge got an inflated contract back when the cap explosion happened. What is he worth now? 15-17 per year? I'd extend him.

3+1 deal. Getting tired of trading picks for one year rental at the 5.

Harkless turned down more lucrative deals to try and get a ring in Miami. I know they made the finals, but the bubble could of had a lot to do with that. Right now the 76ers look a whole lot better. Boston will be if they can add Ibaka. Brooklyn may be the favorites if they all healthy and able to contribute

When I made my post about Harkless at 4 mil, my point was that it was the going rate, but we were bypassed for someone else as we usually are for whatever reason.

I wasn't insinuating the front office was just being lax and that's why we whiffed
    Sure but I just think the idea of there being a going rate for a given player is unhelpful, it can make it seem like we're doomed forever because players are just avoiding something failed about the essence of the team, rather than there just being practical preferences that bypass the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    What's the likelihood we extend Adams? I know ge got an inflated contract back when the cap explosion happened. What is he worth now? 15-17 per year? I'd extend him.

Depends how long and what for.

I'd give him $15m a year, probably, but if he wants closer to his current money then no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

He actually got his deal the year after the stupid cap explosion

SWING AND A MISS FROM AINGE!!!!

No Turner for the Celtics now. Should've just took the Turner McDermott deal..

Btw Hayward is becoming a GOAT at finessing money from teams. Not to say he's bad, but 30M a year is overpayed

FINALLY HAYWARD GETS TO THE HORNETS

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Btw Hayward is becoming a GOAT at finessing money from teams. Not to say he's bad, but 30M a year is overpayed
    Got the life

Thread Information