Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Free agent Jakob Poeltl is finalizing a three-year, near $27M deal to return to San Antonio, agents Mike Tellem, Aaron Mintz and Steven Heumann tell

Ummmm... Bledsoe market seems to be close to non existent. We maybe stuck with the bill on this.

Really got to hope FA whiffs will cause teams to be desperate to drive up interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Ummmm... Bledsoe market seems to be close to non existent. We maybe stuck with the bill on this.

Really got to hope FA whiffs will cause teams to be desperate to drive up interest.
    Could be the case. Hill may be more moveable. Looks like we are going to sit out the initial round of bidding...

All those teams that locked up their roleplayers cheap last year got to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post

How do you know this

Pretty slow in Pelican land. Standing on the post and staying out of the water.

Still a lot of center talent unsigned even though surprisingly a lot of centers were signed today.

Starters:
    Ibaka (not coming here)
    Marc Gasol (will championship chase)
    Arron Baynes ( most likely signing)
    Triston Thompson (possible)
    Nerlens Noel (also a possibility, but I don’t think he is as good a defensive fit as Baynes or Thompson. I think Hayes can provide a lot of what Noel can.)

Reserve quality:
    Boogie Cousins (simply because of injury)
    Alex Len
    Dwayne Dedman
    Willie Cauley-Stein

Hoping for Baynes or Thompson.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 11-20-2020 at 11:50 PM.

Steven Adams on the way

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Steven Adams on the way
    Pretty good servicible big man. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Pretty good servicible big man. I like it.
    At 28 mil and clogs up the paint? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    I'm bet that Bledsoe will be re-routed.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar7th View Post
    At 28 mil and clogs up the paint? No thanks.
    Dude he's on his last year. Its not like we're winning the ship this year. If we like him cool if we don't, he's out after this year.

Dude he's on his last year. Its not like we're winning the ship this year. If we like him cool if we don't, he's out after this year.
    That?s not the best argument for giving up a pick. Quite the opposite in fact. I can appreciate that we are giving ourselves financial flexibility for next year. But we damned well better use it or this is for naught.

Still think Beal won't be on the block soon?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Steven Adams and Zion is a pretty intimidating combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    That?s not the best argument for giving up a pick. Quite the opposite in fact. I can appreciate that we are giving ourselves financial flexibility for next year. But we damned well better use it or this is for naught.
    Listen, we've never had draft capital like Griff has given us. We JUST got this 2023 Denver pick TWO days ago and now people are tweaking cause you ain't want to give up that pick. Bruh Griff has our longevity in his best interest. 2021 Free Agency is gonna be stacked and with his contract coming off the books, that could possibly be something big. I have no problem getting rid of a 10-15 ranged lottery pick from Denver. Its not like we gave up the house of picks we have.

Still think Beal won't be on the block soon?
    I don't think Wall out necessarily ignites the bomb

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    It's a lottery protected 2023 pick from Denver, whose core stars are all young and under contract. The odds are, that pick would be like #25 in 2023 or something. Trading #23 for Steven Adams is fine.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    In 5 hours from now, we'll sign a center. I could be totally wrong, but I could also be totally right, so lets go!!!

Didn't something last year, where when someone asked Griffin on twitter about FA, and then shortly after someone got signed(announced)? Could be wrong and had a weird dream or something.
    Roughly 5 hours before before the time of the Steven Adams announcement. Boom. lol

via GIPHY

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

I wonder how much Josh Jackson got from Detroit. I was hoping we would bring him in if it was like a 1 year $6 million dollar deal. He was the 4th overall pick in 2017. He could of been a decent backup to BI and allow Hart to play his more natural position of 2 guard. But that would of probably taken minutes away from NAW and I think he will be ready to contribute this year

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    I wonder how much Josh Jackson got from Detroit. I was hoping we would bring him in if it was like a 1 year $6 million dollar deal. He was the 4th overall pick in 2017. He could of been a decent backup to BI and allow Hart to play his more natural position of 2 guard. But that would of probably taken minutes away from NAW and I think he will be ready to contribute this year
    He sucks and he's had a ridiculous number of off-court issues already. Zero interest in him, ever.

Good pick up for Miami. Functional rotation wing for basically nothing.

Thread Information