Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    MM isn't a fan of using big money on centres
    Even if we're not lumping in the whole position and just look at individual players.....there aren't a lot who deserve it.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Thaaaaaaat would be fair if that's what happens. It would also be a nice refreshing change of pace because it insinuates that it would just be a brief mention of an opinion. What actually happens, though, is entire pages of threads being hijacked by people who can't give up the bias from the Lakers trade posting over and over again about it and NOT wording it like it's just their opinion but more wording it like what they say is fact and others might as well stop posting what they think. But really it's the constant negativity.

Imagine a new fan wants to come on this forum and start a thread giving a positive assessment of Zo. Would they be met with encouragement and positivity and a community that fosters a fan's love for their team or would they be met with toxic internet scouts would "correct" their opinions and push negativity and criticism to a point where we don't keep new members?

OK. Don't Imagine. We all know what would happen. We couldn't even get into a "welcome new draft pick" thread's 2nd page before it devolved into "Lonzo needs to go". And its E V E R Y T H R E A D. And before that it was Gentry needs to go. And remember the six months of "Brandon Ingram sux" that was preceded by six months of "Brandon Ingram probably won't play basketball again please don't trade for him" that came after more "Gentry sucks". When Jrue first got here, the first few seasons was inundated with daily posts of how he sucks and we need to cut ties while we can. Even Jrue wasn't safe.

Can we just have a period where we don't have to post daily about how someone needs to be traded or fired?
    GAME...SET....MATCH.....msusousaphone!!!

Stand by, he'll have to consult his charts before he responds.
    Last edited by As I See It; 11-20-2020 at 07:31 PM.

If they actually get Bogdon, this team will be nice.

SAY WUUUTTTTTT???

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post

SAY WUUUTTTTTT???
    Well... It looks like we tanking this year with no bigs.

Evan Mobley here we come

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Well... It looks like we tanking this year with no bigs.
    Still got Baynes available, and we can't forget the sign and trades. Still got a long way to go.

Still got Baynes available, and we can't forget the sign and trades. Still got a long way to go.
    I really want to get Jalen Green doe...

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post

Im on a lot of fan forums for different sports and guess what..they are all the same. Lots of toxic/negative posters.

Just a feeling, but I’m thinking that Griff and TL are putting the bow on a deal as we speak.

SAY WUUUTTTTTT???
    That's funny. I saw a site already show the Laker Cap taking a hit for Howard's supposed re-signing and another post from Howard, himself. talking about his return to LA. LMAO

15 mill a year?..... Meh overpaid

Well dang. I was responding to Dae but I didn't mean for that to be directed all at him. I don't even think he was here for the Jrue stuff. And I want to say Dae is a treasure here. MM has been awesome, too, the past month or so. Dae does get his player biases but his positives far far far outweigh the negatives. I've also seen him back off the negativity after people gripe a bit. Others don't seem to push that positive. So I don't want this to be like a terf war thing. Dae makes this site great.

Christian Wood is close to finalizing a three-year, $27 million contract with the Houston Rockets, according to a source.

Why does always happens to us

The honeymoon in Detroit is over lol

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    In 5 hours from now, we'll sign a center. I could be totally wrong, but I could also be totally right, so lets go!!!

Didn't something last year, where when someone asked Griffin on twitter about FA, and then shortly after someone got signed(announced)? Could be wrong and had a weird dream or something.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Christian Wood is close to finalizing a three-year, $27 million contract with the Houston Rockets, according to a source.

Why does always happens to us
    9 mill a year?..... That's it? Lol why go to the dumpster fire that's the rockets are in?

Where’s our grock? :P

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    In 5 hours from now, we'll sign a center. I could be totally wrong, but I could also be totally right, so lets go!!!

Didn't something last year, where when someone asked Griffin on twitter about FA, and then shortly after someone got signed(announced)? Could be wrong and had a weird dream or something.
    I kinda don't and wamt tank in a super deep draft.

It appears to be Baynes or Bust

Is jax 260 pounds yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Is jax 260 pounds yet?
    Is JAX 160 yet??

Is JAX 160 yet??
    TRU

The Rockets could be close to landing their top free agent target, Pistons free agent center Christian Wood, but there remained uncertainty about how close the Rockets were to a deal with the 6-10 center. ESPN and SiriusXM broadcaster Frank Isola tweeted that the Rockets were close to finalizing a deal with Wood, but an individual close to Wood said a deal with the Rockets is not close. – via Jonathan Feigen @ Houston Chronicle

~~

Is it or isn't it?

Thread Information