Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    SWING AND A MISS FROM AINGE! lol how much does he think Hayward is worth???

Plumlee off the board

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar

Jahlil has found a new home in Detroit.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post

Good for him!!

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Good for him!!
    Pumped for him. He will heat a chance to show what he’s got there. Hopefully he has been working on his D during the off-season.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He’s gonna get so many touches.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar

De'Aaron Fox and the Kings have agreed to a 5-year, $163M maximum contract extension.

You hear that, Brandon?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post

im happy for the guy...i hope he earn playing time so i can watch him play bully ball...

Utah giving the full MLE to Favors for the next 3

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Good riddance.

Utah has Rudy, drafted Udoka 1st round, and got back Favors (3 years, $27mil).

Utah motto for 2021: "smol ball deez ***"

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Good, now I want Baynes or Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Good riddance.
    My thoughts exactly.

One site I saw said that Dwight Howard re-upped with the Lakers for one year at 3MM.

I would have paid that and more if true.

One site I saw said that Dwight Howard re-upped with the Lakers for one year at 3MM.

I would have paid that and more if true.
    He has no reason to leave the lakers. I don't see him signing anywhere else.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We never got the player I thought we’d get. And 3/27 isn’t what I’d wanna give him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We never got the player I thought we’d get. And 3/27 isn’t what I’d wanna give him anyway.
    We all feel bamboozled by Favors.. I think everyone thought that was a safe move.

MM isn't a fan of using big money on centres

Good riddance.

My thoughts exactly.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    I wont miss that slow shuffle up and down the floor.

We all feel bamboozled by Favors.. I think everyone thought that was a safe move.
    Scheduled to make 9.2MM in 20/21. That's 7MM less than this past year.

All in all, Utah didn't get stuck with last year's salary...still made the playoffs...got two second round draft picks .....and end up getting him back for less. That's Win...Win...Win...Win for renting him to us for one year!!!

Scheduled to make 9.2MM in 20/21. That's 7MM less than this past year.

All in all, Utah didn't get stuck with last year's salary...still made the playoffs...got two second round draft picks .....and end up getting him back for less. That's Win...Win...Win...Win for renting him to us for one year!!!
    Utah's goals are long past just making the playoffs and a 1st round exit to Denver. Thats the big L and most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's just so irritating that every time someone says something about potentially trading Lonzo recently, someone brings up that SVG has said nice things about him or that Ingram is his friend, as if anyone who suggested trading him is going to turn around like ''oh okay then, as long as Ingram likes playing Xbox with him I guess he's owed a contract'' or something. ''Well you know, SVG said some nice things about him in an interview so we're honour-bound to sign him for life'', like come on.
    Thaaaaaaat would be fair if that's what happens. It would also be a nice refreshing change of pace because it insinuates that it would just be a brief mention of an opinion. What actually happens, though, is entire pages of threads being hijacked by people who can't give up the bias from the Lakers trade posting over and over again about it and NOT wording it like it's just their opinion but more wording it like what they say is fact and others might as well stop posting what they think. But really it's the constant negativity.

Imagine a new fan wants to come on this forum and start a thread giving a positive assessment of Zo. Would they be met with encouragement and positivity and a community that fosters a fan's love for their team or would they be met with toxic internet scouts would "correct" their opinions and push negativity and criticism to a point where we don't keep new members?

OK. Don't Imagine. We all know what would happen. We couldn't even get into a "welcome new draft pick" thread's 2nd page before it devolved into "Lonzo needs to go". And its E V E R Y T H R E A D. And before that it was Gentry needs to go. And remember the six months of "Brandon Ingram sux" that was preceded by six months of "Brandon Ingram probably won't play basketball again please don't trade for him" that came after more "Gentry sucks". When Jrue first got here, the first few seasons was inundated with daily posts of how he sucks and we need to cut ties while we can. Even Jrue wasn't safe.

Can we just have a period where we don't have to post daily about how someone needs to be traded or fired?
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 11-20-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information