Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Warriors absolutely do not care about the luxury tax lol
    Presti is a genius. Will probably get another 1st rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Yes!!! Bring Dwight in!!!
    Lakers are going to resign him, and he's going to stay there, would be my guess. He seems happy there, has a role where he's being used well, and he finally won a chip. We're not going to offer him a ton of money (and we shouldn't) and unless he gets a huge payday I feel like expecting him to walk is a bit of an assumption we can't make.

Why ''re-establish his ties in the short-term with SVG to close out his career'' when he could just, idk, win another chip to close out his career?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Presti is a genius. Will probably get another 1st rounder.
    Presti has done the first half of a rebuild spectacularly well: he has acquired a huge number of assets.

The question is whether he can do the second half properly, which is turning those assets into success on the court. He's drafted pretty poorly for years now, but we all know he has historical success there, so there's a coinflip as to that approach. Will he actually cash in the assets on trades for guys, or will he take the Danny Ainge approach of ''almost, but not quite'' for year after year? Will be interesting to see.

Celtics see Hayward walk for nothing. Either he re-negotiates a longer deal there or he seeks more cash elsewhere.

Knicks about to throw the bag at him
    Man... If we could get a time machine and get pre-injuried Hayward. I would definitely do it. Got great attitude and mentality. Perfect Stretch 3-4 for Zion. I think he's tired of being a back up SF, tho.

Now... He has started to get his leg underneath him, but I do remember thinking his defense has fallen off.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Man... If we could get a time machine and get pre-injuried Hayward. I would definitely do it. Got great attitude and mentality. Perfect Stretch 3-4 for Zion. I think he's tired of being a back up SF, tho.

Now... He has started to get his leg underneath him, but I do remember thinking his defense has fallen off.
    His defense was never great but it was okay. Now it's what I would call the definition of mediocre. He is not a huge negative on D, but nor is he an appreciable positive. Or at least, that was the case last year: maybe he's feeling more recovered next year, who knows?

Basically the same scouting report that made LaMelo the # 3 pick this year (and. yes, some thought he was the best player in this draft) made Lonzo the # 2 pick in 2017 (and. yes, some thought he was the best player in that draft). Yet, after playing for a couple of years in the LA Circus (one year with the "Travelin' Bro-Show") and one year fn the Gentry "System" (whatever that means), some are ready to cast Lonzo aside like he was the re-incarnation of Adam Morrison (look it up).

Lonzo is not as bad as some paint him out to be and he has been victimized, to some extent, by circumstance (yes, even LaVar). We should keep him for further evaluation, at least, until the mid-year trade deadline.
    Last edited by As I See It; 11-19-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Lol aaaaaaaand another PF for the Knicks.

But they don't have Taj Gibson or Bobby portis anymore so it's not overkill... But damn lol

Presti has done the first half of a rebuild spectacularly well: he has acquired a huge number of assets.

The question is whether he can do the second half properly, which is turning those assets into success on the court. He's drafted pretty poorly for years now, but we all know he has historical success there, so there's a coinflip as to that approach. Will he actually cash in the assets on trades for guys, or will he take the Danny Ainge approach of ''almost, but not quite'' for year after year? Will be interesting to see.
    Kinda my same thought process. The team was damn sure close to being the surprise team in the playoffs. Now I understand the rebuild, but he's shifting the team wayyy too much for any continuity to grown within the players. So I'm assuming he's looking for the long term plan within the draft and free agency. Which might take 3 or 4 years before they're relevant again.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post

Lol aaaaaaaand another PF for the Knicks.

But they don't have Taj Gibson or Bobby portis anymore so it's not overkill... But damn lol
    Give Knicks some credit. Davis is a centre

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Basically the same scouting report that made LaMelo the # 3 pick this year (and. yes, some thought he was the best player in this draft) made Lonzo the # 2 pick in 2017 (and. yes, some thought he was the best player in that draft). Yet, after playing for a couple of years in the LA Circus (one year with the "Travelin' Bro-Show") and one year fn the Gentry "System" (whatever that means), some are ready to cast Lonzo aside like he was the re-incarnation of Adam Morrison (look it up).

Lonzo is not as bad as some paint him out to be and he has been victimized, to some extent, by circumstance (yes, even LaVar). We should keep him for further evaluation, at least, until the mid-year trade deadline.

i believe lonzo will ball hard this season.....lonzo can not let the lil brother come in and get all the shine....bragging rights are up for grabs at the family holidays...

What happens to the Cavs pick we owned this year from the Atl trade last draft?

Quote Originally Posted by bustah View Post
    What happens to the Cavs pick we owned this year from the Atl trade last draft?
    Got turned into 2 seconds, 2021 and 2022
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-20-2020 at 01:19 AM.

I just can't see a player with so little touch around the rim, and so little skill to get there, suddenly get there.

And his mid range shot always looks like it's a new experience for him. Did Lavar play basketball or football?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I just can't see a player with so little touch around the rim, and so little skill to get there, suddenly get there.
    You said it best brother.

Miracles do happen though

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Completely agree.

Interesting trade. That means Boston is about to make a splash somewhere tonight. Probably for a Center. (Myles Turner)

Interesting trade. That means Boston is about to make a splash somewhere tonight. Probably for a Center. (Myles Turner)
    I think it probably means that they are going to spend their full nontax MLE. If they were looking to trade for someone, they would have kept Kanter and Poirer for salary matching.

Not necessarily. Kanter was pretty much out of Boston's rotation anyway

They preferred guys like Timelord and Tako Tuesday Fall

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Not necessarily. Kanter was pretty much out of Boston's rotation anyway

They preferred guys like Timelord and Tako Tuesday Fall
    They played Tacko and Timelord a combined 421 minutes in the regular season. Kanter was out of Boston's rotation (mostly) because of Theis' 1600 minutes followed by about 1100 minutes from Grant Williams who spent a fair amount of time at small-ball 5.

Kanter is awful, honestly. I kind of feel for Portland, obviously Nurkic exists but otherwise hopping from Kanter to Whiteside to Kanter again is like getting punched in the mouth over and over again.

They played Tacko and Timelord a combined 421 minutes in the regular season. Kanter was out of Boston's rotation (mostly) because of Theis' 1600 minutes followed by about 1100 minutes from Grant Williams who spent a fair amount of time at small-ball 5.

Kanter is awful, honestly. I kind of feel for Portland, obviously Nurkic exists but otherwise hopping from Kanter to Whiteside to Kanter again is like getting punched in the mouth over and over again.
    Fair enough. Williams was often the first guy off the bench in the playoffs

What's the bet that Ninja Turtle Rafael Stone comes sniffing around Ingram and our picks for Harden

Poku not being stashed, will play in the NBA this season

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Poku not being stashed, will play in the NBA this season

RIP
    I hope he likes eating 6 times a day and still get pushed around like a rage doll. Rough deal

Keep dreaming, peeps. SVG has been a vocal fan of Zo for quite some time now.

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2020/...ss-conference/

Even in his introductory press conference SVG specifically praised Zo with no prompting.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 11-20-2020 at 04:11 PM.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information