Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

This is a good move for Philly.

Really cheap to dump Horford. OKC needs more picks...

OKC ain't letting anyone have more picks than them.

Morey doing expert work to get out of that hideous contract

First lost trade for OKC in quite a while

I don't understand why Presti would take on such a bad contract for pure junk

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    OKC ain't letting anyone have more picks than them.
    Griff says hold my beer

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Really cheap to dump Horford. OKC needs more picks...
    You know what's next. OKC will trade Horford next year for 1st round picks for that 2037 class.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Morey doing expert work to get out of that hideous contract

First lost trade for OKC in quite a while

I don't understand why Presti would take on such a bad contract for pure junk
    Thunder probably aren't making the playoffs this year, and they're in a rebuild for a while, so why would they care? Besides, Horford can probably still go a little, Philly was just the worst possible fit for him, so he'll probably look a little better in OKC. They just got off CP3s contract so it's not like they're really getting worse in the contract department, and picks are picks, which Presti appears to love.

I do think it's better for the Sixers: they lose Horford who was very expensive and didn't work out there, and gain a shooter and off-ball guy in Green that they desperately need.
    Basketball.

Not sure what I think about this. On one hand, it does give them more offensive options and opens things up even wider for Luka, but on the other hand they already had a historically great offense: it's their defense that was sub-par, and Gallinari does not help there whatsoever.

Not sure what I think about this. On one hand, it does give them more offensive options and opens things up even wider for Luka, but on the other hand they already had a historically great offense: it's their defense that was sub-par, and Gallinari does not help there whatsoever.
    What's OKC's plan... Collect 30 1st pick and trade for an ALL-Star disgruntle team?

What's OKC's plan... Collect 30 1st pick and trade for an ALL-Star disgruntle team?
    It seems pretty murky but Presti is pretty smart, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt

Dallas is going for an All Euro team.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

VV

[Windhorst] Jrue Holiday had the freedom to talk to teams about whether he was willing to extend and there were certain teams he wasn’t willing to extend with. Bogdan Bogdanovic really wanted to play with Giannis and it’s expected he was willing take less money to make it happen

hmm I see a George Hill sized TPE for Philly.

maybe we could extract a little value

I'd be interested in Steven Adams btw, maybe, depending on the price.

NOTE: I do not remember what his contract is. I am not going to look it up. If it's huge, ignore this.

NOTE: I do not remember what his contract is. I am not going to look it up. If it's huge, ignore this.
    From memory it was 100 mil over 4, can't be anymore than 2 years left

Edit: yep and he's got 1 year which is what I thought, but don't know why more people haven't been talking about him as an expiring
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-18-2020 at 05:02 PM.

I think it?s 28 mil, but he hits UFA in 2021/22

The point of it all is to find your franchise cornerstones. Fortunately for the Pelicans they have theirs. Very possibly 2 of them already.

OKC still has none. SGA is a nice player but still very much a complimentary player imo. So they'll be churning picks until then.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The point of it all is to find your franchise cornerstones. Fortunately for the Pelicans they have theirs. Very possibly 2 of them already.

OKC still has none. SGA is a nice player but still very much a complimentary player imo. So they'll be churning picks until then.
    I agree to a large extent.

People also have to remember that multiple picks can become one higher pick. Not always, but we've seen it happen: for example, the Hawks giving us 8, 17, and 35 for #4 last year. If Presti is in a position where he's locked in on a guy he sees as being a future franchise cornerstone, he can shift 3, 4, even 5 picks to get them without hurting his future drafting stock. There's value in that.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Well, they are in the wrong draft for that....

Well, they are in the wrong draft for that....
    Most of their picks are years out. I don't think they're too worried about this particular draft lol

Well... That could change things for them.

Interesting...saw this on hoopshype.com

The Kings have hit a snag in the sign-and-trade deal that was supposed to send Bogdan Bogdanovic and Justin James to the Milwaukee in exchange for Donte DiVincenzo, Ersan Ilyasova and D.J. Wilson

league source told The Sacramento Bee “there is no deal” when the trade was first reported Monday night and reiterated “there was never a deal” on Wednesday when news broke that the trade might be falling apart

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Interesting...saw this on hoopshype.com

The Kings have hit a snag in the sign-and-trade deal that was supposed to send Bogdan Bogdanovic and Justin James to the Milwaukee in exchange for Donte DiVincenzo, Ersan Ilyasova and D.J. Wilson

league source told The Sacramento Bee “there is no deal” when the trade was first reported Monday night and reiterated “there was never a deal” on Wednesday when news broke that the trade might be falling apart
    Yeah I saw that, however consensus is that they're just covering for tampering accusation purposes. Seems plausible to me: it does seem somewhat coincidental that everyone realised how dodgy it was that the trade was announced before they were technically allowed to announce it and then suddenly news comes out that there was a miscommunication and it needs to be re-discussed.

Thread Information