Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah I saw that, however consensus is that they're just covering for tampering accusation purposes. Seems plausible to me: it does seem somewhat coincidental that everyone realised how dodgy it was that the trade was announced before they were technically allowed to announce it and then suddenly news comes out that there was a miscommunication and it needs to be re-discussed.
    What about Schroeder to Lakers? That was announced way before this trade

This whole 'tampering' charade is bull********

Just because a trade is organised before an arbitrary date doesn't mean anything was tampered with

The whole rule is unenforceable, archaic and needs to be done away with

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    What about Schroeder to Lakers? That was announced way before this trade

This whole 'tampering' charade is bull********

Just because a trade is organised before an arbitrary date doesn't mean anything was tampered with

The whole rule is unenforceable, archaic and needs to be done away with
    Schroeder was under contract. Wasnt tampering. Milwaukee talking to BB prior to his free agency (which would have to happen to make parameters of a S&T) would be tampering
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Schroeder was under contract. Wasnt tampering. Milwaukee talking to BB prior to his free agency (which would have to happen to make parameters of a S&T) would be tampering
    Fair enough. I still don't like the tampering rule. What's the issue with letting all teams talk to other teams at all times about trades/free agency?

Every team has the same agency, no one is being favoured over another. There's no bias. I don't see the problem

Limiting correspondence to after an arbitrary date just seems nuts to me
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-18-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Have heard rumbles that OKC is interested in Poku. Could this be related?
    Basketball.

Kinda sounds serious

lmao what is Houston doing

That's the most powerfully protected pick I've ever seen

"Lower leg"... not to be "that guy" but it sounds like an Achilles. I hope its not because I like Klay, but you don't get many lower leg non-contact injuries.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Damn that really sucks.

lmao what is Houston doing

That's the most powerfully protected pick I've ever seen
    ikr

lmao Bucks

lmao Bucks
    Lol wow....

Lol what a mess

Confirmed... See ya Giannis & Jrue!

Just noting, I cannot vouch for this guy's credibility.

That was my guess.

This could actually affect what they do at 2 since they're in win now mode

Just noting, I cannot vouch for this guy's credibility.
    If this is true. What a mess. I was rooting for his come back and these injuries are always tough to see. I Hope for a smooth recovery.

Is the Bucks owner a Trump supporter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pinnacle of Dwight Howard's success in the NBA occurred in Orlando under SVG (2007-2012) when he he was a five time All NBA first Team Selection (also played with JJ in Orlando). Just this past year with the Lakers, he averaged 7.3 boards while playing just 18.9 minutes per game and shot 70%.

As he is a free agent this year, I can't help but believe he might be an upgrade from DF and cheaper, too. Last year he played for $2.5MM. I know he won't stretch the floor (neither did DF), but I think he will be better on the glass than DF. I wonder if he might want to re-establish his ties in the short-term with SVG to close out his career and tutor JAX in the process.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    "Lower leg"... not to be "that guy" but it sounds like an Achilles. I hope its not because I like Klay, but you don't get many lower leg non-contact injuries.
    Just as I thought... Klay (confirmed) blew his Achilles. Sucks.

Warriors absolutely do not care about the luxury tax lol

Celtics see Hayward walk for nothing. Either he re-negotiates a longer deal there or he seeks more cash elsewhere.

Knicks about to throw the bag at him

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The pinnacle of Dwight Howard's success in the NBA occurred in Orlando under SVG (2007-2012) when he he was a five time All NBA first Team Selection (also played with JJ in Orlando). Just this past year with the Lakers, he averaged 7.3 boards while playing just 18.9 minutes per game and shot 70%.

As he is a free agent this year, I can't help but believe he might be an upgrade from DF and cheaper, too. Last year he played for $2.5MM. I know he won't stretch the floor (neither did DF), but I think he will be better on the glass than DF. I wonder if he might want to re-establish his ties in the short-term with SVG to close out his career and tutor JAX in the process.

Just a thought.
    Yes!!! Bring Dwight in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post

Just a thought.
    He said he was not playing for "free" any more. Not sure I want him in this locker room anyway. I think he is a better fit on a veteran team.

Thread Information