Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

NBA Truncated Offseason Thread

Decided it would be a good idea to make a general thread to combine Free Agency and trades and whatnot, given how short this off-season is going to be. We now have a date for the lifting of the moratorium:

Woj tells us that it begins in the afternoon of Monday the 16th of November, so expect there to be some absolutely wild stuff going on tomorrow evening.
    Basketball.

Last edited by AusPel; 11-15-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Bad move imo. Lakers would be better suited keeping Green and using 28 to draft someone like Flynn than going for Schroeder, who I think actually hurts them in a lot of ways in title scenarios.

Well defensively this hurts them. But overall.... I say "meh"

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Do we know if Danny Green is still involved in that, or if it's just the pick for Schroeder?

Seems like we'll have our decision pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post

If it?s draft picks, it?s almost certain to happen on draft night. I can?t wait whatever ends up actually happening. This bidding war is exactly what we want.

On draft night. Not sure Denver has much that we would want. I wonder if our requirement is simply a top 10 pick and filler.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Gimme Porter.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Gimme Porter.
    ...and?

All-Star

MPJ and Bol Bol please

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    MPJ and Bol Bol please
    I'm not sure MPJ would work here unless you moved BI to the 2 (something, I must confess, that I have advocated for in the past with regard to a possible Gallinari or Markkanen acquisition). Otherwise, if MJP did come here, the Pels would have to play ZW primarily at the 5 which would retard JAX growth (assuming he's here to grow).

It’s pretty well known that the medicals on MPJ and Bol Bol are absolutely horrible. There’s a reason these guy fell so far in the draft. We already have Zion, I’m not sure how much added pressure we want to place on Aaron Nelson. Not to mention, hate the fit.

Only reason why MPJ is interesting is in a future deal for another superstar. Otherwise, I have absolutely no interest in Bol Bol

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    It’s pretty well known that the medicals on MPJ and Bol Bol are absolutely horrible. There’s a reason these guy fell so far in the draft. We already have Zion, I’m not sure how much added pressure we want to place on Aaron Nelson. Not to mention, hate the fit.

Only reason why MPJ is interesting is in a future deal for another superstar. Otherwise, I have absolutely no interest in Bol Bol
    They're both extraordinarily limited defensive prospects as well, partly because of their injury histories (MPJ has basically no hip fluidity left) but still, another thing to add.

Completely agree otherwise though. I'd be interested in them potentially, but as additions to a trade to even things up, not as the central and primary return.

NBA Weekend on NBA radio just said from people he has talked to people around the league and the people saying Griff won't get a top 10 pick for Jrue are mistaken.

Brian Geltzeiler said from what he's heard there has been no shortage of high picks and players thrown at Griff, and Griff expects to get a significant haul for Jrue, and he will more than likely get it.

Rockets: ''Hey, we've got an ex-MVP we wanna move. Big contract but he's a great guy, you'll love him!''
    Other teams: ''Oh sure, Harden's a particular kind of player but we can maybe work something out for you.''
    Rockets: ''Oh no, I didn't mean Harden. Russell Westbrook though, he's super goo- hello? Hello? Are you there? But... triple doubles...''

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I?d be perfectly content with a Jrue swap for a pick in that 5-8 area. I would not be happy if we swapped firsts and traded Jrue to move up. Thankfully it seems there are plenty of suitors so I don?t see us getting screwed.

For people who don't know, regardless of what you think of him as a player, Russell Westbrook is one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. That doesn't make him great as a player anymore (or ever), but I can think of worse guys to have in your locker room (and no, I'm not saying the Pels should go grab him...just standing up for a good guy).

Thread Information