Pelicans Report

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Why you want to make OKC's picks better fam?
    I rather become the 2nd best team in our division behind only Dallas than OKC getting better picks.

If they trade Harden and become mediocre than I see our division as:

1. Mavericks
    2. Pelicans
    3. Grizzlies
    4. Rockets
    5. Spurs

And they still could be a decent team depending on what they got back for Harden and the play of Wall & Boogie with Wood & Gordon.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 12-03-2020 at 10:51 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That’s nuts. Imagine if the trade that nets us high lotto assets isn’t the Lakers deal but the Bucks one.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That’s nuts. Imagine if the trade that nets us high lotto assets isn’t the Lakers deal but the Bucks one.
    Well we did get the #4 pick in that Lakers deal, but then traded it to get Jaxson, NAW, and Didi. I doubt we will get anything close to a #4 pick from the future Lakers or Bucks picks. And hopefully we can move Lonzo from that Lakers deal for a lotto pick unless he pulls a BI and is one of the most improved players in the league this year.

I meant if the Bucks collapse and Giannis demands a trade.

Grim Sleeper looking he aged 5 years since Covid started.

He must of worked on his interview game. I don't really remember him being this fluid and talkative.

Ingram sounding like a leader.
    Last edited by Taker597; 12-04-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Zion looking real trim
    Basketball.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Zion looking real trim
    https://youtu.be/I4IknsVFD8I

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Well we did get the #4 pick in that Lakers deal, but then traded it to get Jaxson, NAW, and Didi. I doubt we will get anything close to a #4 pick from the future Lakers or Bucks picks. And hopefully we can move Lonzo from that Lakers deal for a lotto pick unless he pulls a BI and is one of the most improved players in the league this year.
    Yeah people often over look this because draft picks usually become less valuable the moment you select a player with it. 1st round picks are almost always overrated unless you can somehow luck into around the top 3. Most of the picks OKC has from trades, and probably even the Pelicans, will probably end up in the 20s.

Probably of major interest around here. But you know my opinion of still photos tho

AD on signing a 5 year deal.

"That could have been a two-year, three-year deal," Davis told reporters on a video conference call Friday. "[But] I have to think about, also, the reality of things, too. I do have a little history with injuries, and a two-year deal, you kind of bet on yourself. ... God forbid, knock on wood, something happens."
    Klutch advising their clients wisely. Even if it means some years without his poppa Lebron by his side.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    AD on signing a 5 year deal.

Klutch advising their clients wisely. Even if it means some years without his poppa Lebron by his side.
    That is the great thing about having a team with multiple superstars. When he retires, the Lakers will have a Lebron-sized salary hole to go shopping with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Zion View Post
    That is the great thing about having a team with multiple superstars. When he retires, the Lakers will have a Lebron-sized salary hole to go shopping with.
    No one wants to join AD as the alpha tho

Yeah, but there is no telling if they find another Lebron to fill it. Thats just a huge ?.

For every Lebron, there is a Dwayne Wade or Anthony Davis willing to join him. I suspect the same will be true for AD when Lebron's time is up.

For every Lebron, there is a Dwayne Wade or Anthony Davis willing to join him. I suspect the same will be true for AD when Lebron's time is up.
    Did you simultaneously say AD is an AD and a LeBron in the same post?

Hayes mentioned in a recent article that he is at 230 lbs. If he can hit that 235-240 mark by next year, he would be the perfect rotational piece with Steve. I’m curious to see if he added anything to his game in the offseason. Even if it’s just a minor improvement on his jumper, handle, post moves, etc. it will be a great boon to have behind Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Did you simultaneously say AD is an AD and a LeBron in the same post?
    It does appear that way.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Hayes mentioned in a recent article that he is at 230 lbs. If he can hit that 235-240 mark by next year, he would be the perfect rotational piece with Steve. I’m curious to see if he added anything to his game in the offseason. Even if it’s just a minor improvement on his jumper, handle, post moves, etc. it will be a great boon to have behind Adams.

At 40 seconds in, asked about his work this offseason:

''This offseason felt a lot better for me personally because I got to work on more things that I wanted to work on with my game, just work on my body a lot more, and I wasn't having to travel all the time, I got to stay in one place which was nice. This offseason I feel like I gained a lot of ground with my offensive stuff, with some defensive stuff, and my body feels a lot better. A lot more in shape.''

At 4:30, on what he spent the most time working on:

''The physicality, this summer I wanted to make it a big part of my training to work on my balance, my strength, my core and my legs, stuff like that so that I can bang in there with the bigger guys [...] I've gained a little bit of weight, most of it is more strength than weight, getting my bf% better, I didn't wanna gain a bunch of weight and get slower so I was working on gaining good weight.''

Then when talking about him and Steven Adams at 6:30, he describes them as ''Steve's 7 foot, almost 300lbs, I'm 7'0, 230lbs'', so that's more in the ''he's gained a bit of weight'' field.

Also states that he believes we can be a top 10 defense this year.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 12-05-2020 at 04:12 PM.

''This offseason felt a lot better for me personally because I got to work on more things that I wonted to work on with my game, just work on my body a lot more, and I wasn't having to travel all the time, I got to stay in one place which was nice. This offseason I feel like I gained a lot of ground with my offensive stuff, with some defensive stuff, and my body feels a lot better. A lot more in shape.''

''The physicality, this summer I wanted to make it a big part of my training to work on my balance, my strength, my core and my legs, stuff like that so that I can bang in there with the bigger guys [...] I've gained a little bit of weight, most of it is more strength than weight, getting my bf% better, I didn't wanna gain a bunch of weight and get slower so I was working on gaining good weight.''

Then when talking about him and Steven Adams at 6:30, he describes them as ''Steve's 7 foot, almost 300lbs, I'm 7'0, 230lbs'', so that's more in the ''he's gained a bit of weight'' field.

These are exactly the type of rookies you want. Guys that have a plan and will put the work in. He should be able to handle the abuse much better than last year. You don?t really need to be 260 or anything as long as you work on the right areas of your body. Core strength is always imperative.

Just thinking about the John Wall + James Harden combo, and how the fit would be.

On an unrelated note, did you know John Wall has a total of 9 off-ball cuts, that's nine total, in his last 150 games played? And that of the 49 players who played at least 32 mpg in 2018-19, John Wall was 49th in total distance travelled per game?

Just thinking about the John Wall + James Harden combo, and how the fit would be.

On an unrelated note, did you know John Wall has a total of 9 off-ball cuts, that's nine total, in his last 150 games played? And that of the 49 players who played at least 32 mpg in 2018-19, John Wall was 49th in total distance travelled per game?
    Steph Curry has left the chat

James Harden only fit is a strip club. Harden burn through how many superstar player?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    James Harden only fit is a strip club. Harden burn through how many superstar player?
    Depends on how you define superstar, but yeah generally speaking high tier NBA players like to have at least some time on the ball, and Harden's playstyle does not allow for anyone to be on-ball but him. It annoys people, and it diminishes their games.

That said, Wall especially post injury is not likely to be a super high calibre player and it's not going to be entirely Harden's fault if he sucks: Wall has traditionally been very similar to Harden in the sense that he only really adds value when on ball. That's a flaw in him that is true regardless of who else is on the team.

''This offseason felt a lot better for me personally because I got to work on more things that I wanted to work on with my game, just work on my body a lot more, and I wasn't having to travel all the time, I got to stay in one place which was nice. This offseason I feel like I gained a lot of ground with my offensive stuff, with some defensive stuff, and my body feels a lot better. A lot more in shape.''

Man, I hope his game is more nuanced than his ability to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Man, I hope his game is more nuanced than his ability to describe it.
    The number of very good sports professionals who are about as articulate as mashed potatoes is a very high one.

Thread Information