Pelicans Report

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Truncated Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Or Redick once he gets traded. I seriously doubt he just finishes his contract here and walks to a new team.
    His BFF SVG is here now, much more incentive to stay

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    His BFF SVG is here now, much more incentive to stay
    Sure but he's also old as heck and Griff knows he's probably not likely to re-sign given that desire for a ring late in the career, so a trade is likely
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Sure but he's also old as heck and Griff knows he's probably not likely to re-sign given that desire for a ring late in the career, so a trade is likely
    Maybe we will get those picks back we gave up for Adams!!!

There is still a two way guy to sign. There are a handful of undrafted guys still out there.

A roster is made up of 14 or 15 spots? And then each team has 2 two-way contracts? Or is it 14 roster spots and the option of 2 two-way contracts. At present given Lewis and Ingram sign, the Pelicans have 14 roster spots filled and 1 of 2 two way spots. In other words, they have one spot left, which I guess they could leave open. Why does this matter? The unpredictable situation with COVID and the fact other leagues (MLB and NFL) have made adjustments for each team in terms of access to an expanded roster (NFL has 16 practice squad spots and can protect 4 each Sunday, and bring up a player from the practice squad at least 2 times and send him back to the P-squad. Covid actually allows for more than two call-ups to the roster. I am concerned the NBA is not really addressing this.
    Last edited by Lee2000; 11-24-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Yea and, if you're JJ, it makes more sense to play out the first half of the season and see which contender would be the best fit for you. From a Pels perspective, the further we get into the season, the less teams will value their 2021 first round picks once they realize they'll be picking in the late twenties.

Ideally, the Pels can pick up one more first round pick as well as set themselves up to pick somewhere between 8-12. Use their two 2021 picks and some of their future draft capital to trade up and get the wing the covet. This 2021 class is loaded with wings.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Yea and, if you're JJ, it makes more sense to play out the first half of the season and see which contender would be the best fit for you. From a Pels perspective, the further we get into the season, the less teams will value their 2021 first round picks once they realize they'll be picking in the late twenties.

Ideally, the Pels can pick up one more first round pick as well as set themselves up to pick somewhere between 8-12. Use their two 2021 picks and some of their future draft capital to trade up and get the wing the covet. This 2021 class is loaded with wings.
    This is just letting my early 2021-scouting coming out a bit, but my early nod for a wing we could draft probably between 8-15 is Scottie Barnes. He's playing for FSU this year so don't expect gaudy numbers (that's just not how FSU play) but he's 6'9, about 225lbs, and shows the most skill as a defender and passer. Wanna see how his shooting plays out this year, and if the defense continues to be outlier-great, but that's my early heads up.

Basketball Guru
    This is just letting my early 2021-scouting coming out a bit, but my early nod for a wing we could draft probably between 8-15 is Scottie Barnes. He's playing for FSU this year so don't expect gaudy numbers (that's just not how FSU play) but he's 6'9, about 225lbs, and shows the most skill as a defender and passer. Wanna see how his shooting plays out this year, and if the defense continues to be outlier-great, but that's my early heads up.
    lol thats my lil cousin....ill let him know you are rooting for him to be a pelican...in a perfect world he do have his team he would love to play for but if things go right for him,,on paper that team will be drafting late 20s..

I figure this doesn't need its own thread since we all knew it would happen. But the roster is finalized now.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post

I figure this doesn't need its own thread since we all knew it would happen. But the roster is finalized now.
    Perfect! We’re in for one hell of a season.

Basketball Guru
    [QUOTE=hornetzplaya;1537913]

congrats...glad he got paid...lets get ready for training camp...

Dedmon is officially waived... Always could use a 3rd body.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Dedmon is officially waived... Always could use a 3rd body.
    Not only has Dedmon massively regressed, but we also have a third body.

Unless you're planning to just not play Jax at all this year, you can't have minutes at centre for Adams, Jax, and also some Zion spot minutes, and maybe Hernangomez, and also Dedmon.

We're also only $500k under the tax, and I can't see us becoming a tax team for Dedmon.

Not only has Dedmon massively regressed, but we also have a third body.

Unless you're planning to just not play Jax at all this year, you can't have minutes at centre for Adams, Jax, and also some Zion spot minutes, and maybe Hernangomez, and also Dedmon.

We're also only $500k under the tax, and I can't see us becoming a tax team for Dedmon.
    I forgot about Willy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Just gonna toss this out there...

I got NBA 2k21 on PC today. Started a MyLeague with the Pelicans. Simmed the entire first season and made no trades or anything at all.

SVG won CotY. Pels went 56-26. 2nd seed in the West behind GSW who went 58-24.

Lamelo won RotY, Giannis won MVP and DPotY.

Pels swept Rockets in R1, but lost 4-2 to the LAL in R2.

Bucks won Finals 4-3 against the Mavs.

Ingram made his 2nd all-star game.

Zion scored 51 on March 22 2021, Ingram made 9 3's on Jan 30 2021

Zion scored 43 in a playoff game on june 1 2021, and then 40 2 days later.

Well, there ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

I got NBA 2k21 on PC today. Started a MyLeague with the Pelicans. Simmed the entire first season and made no trades or anything at all.

Well, there ya go.
    That would be lovely. But I'm assuming we'll go 46-36 (pretty damn good first season if you ask me) and get bounced in the first round by whoever in 6 games. I also think we'll start off slow as hell losing more than we win. But as soon as we start to gel in the midst of the season, the wheels will start rolling quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

Well, there ya go.
    I stopped reading at "Lamelo won RotY"

Front court is very solid. How far this team goes depends on its backcourt play. I'll say it now; Kira is key!!

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I stopped reading at "Lamelo won RotY"
    Eh, he might, depends on what Charlotte does. It's not a great rookie class in the traditional sense for RotY races so I feel like all of the guys who are favourites for the award will be guys that nobody thinks has the best career ahead of them, or is even the best player.

For example, let's say the Hornets just feed endless ballhandler possessions into LaMelo and optimise for him. It wouldn't be absurd for him to, in that super super-high usage role put up something like 17pts 8.5asts per game. The efficiency would suck, and the overall team offense would be bad, and he'll be a bad defender, but since when has RotY voting cared about stuff like that?

Similarly, I think Obi Toppin has a good RotY campaign ahead of him; he's on a bad team that isn't optimised properly but hey, he'll take a bunch of shots and he's a big that can shoot a bit so he'll probably end up averaging fairly high scoring numbers and that's enough for some people.

Frank just following where all his friends got sent

Don't OKC have like 54 players on their roster?

If they wanted him, why not include him in S&T instead of one of the others they are likely to cut?

With Frank's signing, every Pelican Free Agent from last year now has a 20/21 Contract.

Training camp in one week (I guess less since the day is over).....season opener in less than a month.

Hey. Y'all remember that time people were thinking we would mostly run the same team back due to the truncated offseason? This offseason has been wild.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    With Frank's signing, every Pelican Free Agent from last year now has a 20/21 Contract.
    That was the real end game of the Adams' trade.

Kenny
    Zylan
    Josh
    Frank

All ended up at the Thunder

Thread Information