Pelicans Report

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    How dare you say he is as condescending as Me! I have been working on it for decades, and he is new to the game. He might have my upside as a condescender, but thats just his ceiling, not how I would value him as a condescender today
    LOL

Jared Butler had to spend 3 years at Baylor precisely because NBA scouts said they weren't sure about his athleticism. So he stayed to try and raise his stock around that issue.

I only know this from watching so many Baylor games on Mitchell, and it was mentioned during a broadcast by one of the Baylor folks. And it makes sense.

I'd definitely take him 20 and down though.

That said, if they do anything regarding Toronto, my #1 hope is they target their 4th pick rather than go after Lowry. Which imo is a puke move.

How dare you say he is as condescending as Me! I have been working on it for decades, and he is new to the game. He might have my upside as a condescender, but thats just his ceiling, not how I would value him as a condescender today
    Ha!

I said it before and I'll say it, again. MM has been really great the past year or so in not going off on other posters. His pessimism of the franchise gets me at times, but that's just a difference of opinion and what message boards are about. Otherwise he's really won me over in how he's improved how he talks to others.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Ha!

I said it before and I'll say it, again. MM has been really great the past year or so in not going off on other posters. His pessimism of the franchise gets me at times, but that's just a difference of opinion and what message board are about. Otherwise he's really won me over in how he's improved how he talks to others.
    *realism

But thank you
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    *realism

But thank you
    Ah! AH! Don't you start that...

Ha!

I said it before and I'll say it, again. MM has been really great the past year or so in not going off on other posters. His pessimism of the franchise gets me at times, but that's just a difference of opinion and what message boards are about. Otherwise he's really won me over in how he's improved how he talks to others.
    I like Dae and Mac a lot, even if I feel they occasionally need to be reminded that being the smartest guy in the room doesn’t necessarily mean you know what’s best for a basketball team. If that were true we’d have 30 Daryl Moreys as lead decision makers.

Like even if someone did just watch YouTube highlights to evaluate a draft prospect, most NBA All-Stars have pretty good highlight reels. Not going to use the fact they haven’t seen a prospects synergy profile or game tape to invalidate their opinion.

I'll pay money to hear a MM, Dae, David Grubb, Deno Henson, Shamit, and Pels Pros Talk all to just talk Pelicans.

The differences of personalities and opinions would be a Multiverse of Madness.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Btw I miss "Heel" MM. The Tweener run has been best for business but MM "elite board era" run about years ago was generating real Heel heat. Dude was causing chaos everywhere and was very entertaining from a psychology/ internet trolling standpoint.

I'd love to see MM, Dae, 13-3, and GuardianAngel take a cross country road trip together and we could all place bets to see which one jumps out of the moving vehicle first.

I'd love to see MM, Dae, 13-3, and GuardianAngel take a cross country road trip together and we could all place bets to see which one jumps out of the moving vehicle first.
    I can't say anything about jumping but I can tell you who'd get pushed.
    Basketball.

plot twist, the car only contains one person. PR user base is all just a single guys split personalities.

cue sid vicious - my way

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    plot twist, the car only contains one person. PR user base is all just a single guys split personalities.

cue sid vicious - my way
    Bill from Finance, known solipsist.

In a real life situation, I would be universally liked and it would be chill. My real life personality is nothing like what I put on here. I think any of you who have ever listened to me on a pod already know that. But I would kill to know 13-3's real life personality. I think Dae is closest to what he puts on here

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I can't say anything about jumping but I can tell you who'd get pushed.
    That?s funny

I think Isaiah Todd would be a perfect 2nd round pick. A young PF/C prospect with pro experience all the measurables and as clean of a shooting form as one could ask for.

He?s the 3D center type we covet next to Zion. Might take two years but his shot is legit

I think Isaiah Todd would be a perfect 2nd round pick. A young PF/C prospect with pro experience all the measurables and as clean of a shooting form as one could ask for.

He?s the 3D center type we covet next to Zion. Might take two years but his shot is legit

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jmlBv70TLR0

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post

I totally agree with you about Todd...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post

Todd wont last to the 2nd. Apparently there are 2 teams already who have promised him in the 20s, and I know Atlanta is seriously considering taking him at 20. He is a perfect guy to take if we do a trade down with the Knicks IMO. Love his long term fit and is the type you can be patient with while you bring other guys in this year to have impact now

Absolutely wild.

Duarte is older today than Brandon Ingram is. Brandon Ingram has played five NBA seasons.

Guys I'd be good about at 10 (assuming the top 6 and Bouknight are all gone), in order

Keon - I think that the "he cant shoot" narrative is lazy. Its his handle that will make or break him. Ceiling: Donovan Mitchell. Most likely:Oladipo Floor:Tony Allen

Sengun - He will be more than a low post guy Ceiling:K. Love/Sabonis hybrid with better D Most likely:Vucevic Floor:Kanter

Moody - Will all come down to if he can add weight and offensive versatility Ceiling:Middleton Most likely:Ariza Floor:Ronnie Brewer

Giddey - How impactful can he be without the ball? If you are on a team with Zion and Ingram, that matters. Ceiling:Joe Ingles with Rubio's vision Most likely:Toni Kucoc Floor:Old Grant Hill

Mitchell - Like the offensive fit with Zion, but how many positions can he defend at a high level? Ceiling:Gary Payton Most likely:Pat Beverly defense with Mo Williams offense Floor:Kris Dunn

Cant do at 10, but would be happy with a slight trade down (13-19 range)

Garuba - A Faried/Ibaka hybrid if he hits. I just wish he were a tad bit taller. I think he defends 3's and 4's, not 3's, 4's and 5's
    Kispert - I would take Joe Harris at 14 or 16. Cant take him in this draft at 10
    Wagner - I believe in the defense but I dont believe he gets to even above average at catch and shoot 3's or in creation for himself and/or others in the half court. Fine taking him at 18 or 19 as my 7th or 8th man for the next few years, but I dont see starter unless the other 4 guys are amazing
    Jalen Johnson - I dont want this big of a gamble at 10, but give me 16 and 18 and I will use one of those picks for a big swing

Guys I'd be good about at 10 (assuming the top 6 and Bouknight are all gone), in order

Keon - I think that the "he cant shoot" narrative is lazy. Its his handle that will make or break him. Ceiling: Donovan Mitchell. Most likely:Oladipo Floor:Tony Allen

Sengun - He will be more than a low post guy Ceiling:K. Love/Sabonis hybrid with better D Most likely:Vucevic Floor:Kanter

Moody - Will all come down to if he can add weight and offensive versatility Ceiling:Middleton Most likely:Ariza Floor:Ronnie Brewer

Giddey - How impactful can he be without the ball? If you are on a team with Zion and Ingram, that matters. Ceiling:Joe Ingles with Rubio's vision Most likely:Toni Kucoc Floor:Old Grant Hill

Mitchell - Like the offensive fit with Zion, but how many positions can he defend at a high level? Ceiling:Gary Payton Most likely:Pat Beverly defense with Mo Williams offense Floor:Kris Dunn

Cant do at 10, but would be happy with a slight trade down (13-19 range)

Garuba - A Faried/Ibaka hybrid if he hits. I just wish he were a tad bit taller. I think he defends 3's and 4's, not 3's, 4's and 5's
    Kispert - I would take Joe Harris at 14 or 16. Cant take him in this draft at 10
    Wagner - I believe in the defense but I dont believe he gets to even above average at catch and shoot 3's or in creation for himself and/or others in the half court. Fine taking him at 18 or 19 as my 7th or 8th man for the next few years, but I dont see starter unless the other 4 guys are amazing
    Jalen Johnson - I dont want this big of a gamble at 10, but give me 16 and 18 and I will use one of those picks for a big swing
    Do you still think Griff's preference is to trade 10 for a veteran or has that not evolved?

Plan A as of today is to trade for a current NBA player. Plan B is to trade back and acquire future picks in that process. Plan C is to stay put and take a guy, likely Moody, Giddey, or Kispert

The issue here is that FA doesnt come first. This draft would be so much easier for the Pels if it did because the Lonzo situation hangs over all this. They dont love him, they dont dislike him. If he were to come back at a reasonable price (4/70-ish), they would happily have him back. But if the offer is way more than that or he simply wont take 4/70 if that is his best offer and drags it out all summer (a common Klutch tactic), it holds everything up.

But if they could get a top vet, none of that would matter and they would just make the deal and figure out Lonzo later. But those guys arent avaialble according to their teams right now. A guy like Sexton is nice but ideally you'd like to make that move after you know what is happening with Lonzo. As of right now, my bet would be on Trade down, followed by trading the pick for a frontcourt player, followed by staying at 10 and taking Moody or Kispert

We don't want Giddey

Quote Originally Posted by bustah View Post
    We don't want Giddey
    Speak for yourself, I want Giddey.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Speak for yourself, I want Giddey.
    Why?

Thread Information