Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft Discussion

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'll need to watch a bit more. Just wonder if he can create his own offense with more variety. Mostly seems like he finds where the defense is lacking and moves off ball well, which isn't a bad thing. Just wonder how much more his game can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Just spent some time watching him. Definitely agree with this.
    I do also like Springer a lot but Moody is gonna be a really good pro, very Joe Johnson ish

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yeah, why talk about reality?

Hypothetically, lets trade Hart for Giannis!! I mean, nothing said here is meant to be taken seriously or pass knowledge on to anyone else. Lets just say whatever!!!
    Lol yea I didn't get that response. Top 5 golden boys will be hard to get in this draft. The quicker Pelicans fans understand that, the faster folks will be fine with treating this season as a "developing" one and being a seller at the trade deadline. From an asset standpoint, and even if we decide to keep the pick, grabbing a top 5 pick in this class is pure gold.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I do also like Springer a lot but Moody is gonna be a really good pro, very Joe Johnson ish
    I love Moses Moody name, and his wingspan. Those two alone can be awesome. The shooting ability and characteristics is awesome as well.

Speaking of character traits, if we bring another Dukie in Jalen Johnson, I think I will skip a season or two as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I love Moses Moody name, and his wingspan. Those two alone can be awesome. The shooting ability and characteristics is awesome as well.

Speaking of character traits, if we bring another Dukie in Jalen Johnson, I think I will skip a season or two as a fan.
    Haha fair enough. Also Moody is the perfect piece next to Zion Ingram and Kira. He’s 6’6” with a 7 foot wingspan and athletic so should be a great defender, and he’s an absolute sharp shooter and doesn’t need the ball in his hand to be effective and will open the paint for Zion to drive. Great fit

It would be sick to end up with a top 5 pick cause I like Cunningham, Suggs, Mobley, Green, and Kuminga could all be franchise changing type of players. But their are many big time players after those 5. Then with the Lakers pick get LSU?s Cam Thomas to be a beast scorer off the bench. I just love how he?s such a lethal scorer and never gets too up or down. He?s a stone cold killer that shows zero emotion. He would be a perfect replacement for JJ

C: Adams, Hayes
    PF: Zion, Hernangomez, Melli
    SF: BI, Hart
    SG: Green, NAW, Thomas
    PG: Ball or Bledsoe (have to move one of them to open up Kira’s minutes) Kira

I would rather trade Ball, but if we can’t I may just have to pay him. We would have to move a couple guards. Mobley would be ideal with someone like Thomas. That would be a home run 1st round
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 03-11-2021 at 01:57 PM.

Haha fair enough. Also Moody is the perfect piece next to Zion Ingram and Kira. He’s 6’6” with a 7 foot wingspan and athletic so should be a great defender, and he’s an absolute sharp shooter and doesn’t need the ball in his hand to be effective and will open the paint for Zion to drive. Great fit
    A better way to tell that he's probably going to be good on defense is the fact that he's really good at defense already, which helps a lot.

Plenty of hyper athletes who can't defend worth a penny out there
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    A better way to tell that he's probably going to be good on defense is the fact that he's really good at defense already, which helps a lot.

Plenty of hyper athletes who can't defend worth a penny out there
    This is true but some people are good scorers in college and trash in the nba, same for defense. What I’m saying is he has the tools. And sure some hyper athletes are trash at defense but it doesn’t hurt. If you have player A and player B and they both have the same body and instincts but player B is more explosive then give me B

This is true but some people are good scorers in college and trash in the nba, same for defense. What I’m saying is he has the tools. And sure some hyper athletes are trash at defense but it doesn’t hurt. If you have player A and player B and they both have the same body and instincts but player B is more explosive then give me B
    Oh for sure, but I was just kind of ribbing you. Like, talking about how good someone could be on defense and absolutely having a good frame for it and good physical tools helps, but you should also mention how good they actually are on defense as well, y'know? No big deal.

Oh for sure, but I was just kind of ribbing you. Like, talking about how good someone could be on defense and absolutely having a good frame for it and good physical tools helps, but you should also mention how good they actually are on defense as well, y'know? No big deal.
    Haha I know bud I was just messing back, but seriously Moody would be such a great fit here, could be our klay Thompson

Trade Lonzo, our 1st, and the Lakers 1st to Cleveland for their unprotected 1st and hope it ends up in the top 5. They need a bigger point guard to play with Sexton cause I don’t see the Sexland backcourt working as it’s too small. Then they can bring Garland off the bench. They could use 2 firsts in a deep draft more than us as we are already one of the youngest teams in the league. That way we could play however we want and hope Cleveland falls apart. I really want Cade or Green more than any other player. Green is the best 2 guard in the draft and that’s the position we need the most IMO

PF: Zion, Billy
    SG: Green, NAW
    PG: Bledsoe, Kira

Then we could sign a decent veteran 4 that would be beneficial for Zion to learn from.

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Trade Lonzo, our 1st, and the Lakers 1st to Cleveland for their unprotected 1st and hope it ends up in the top 5. They need a bigger point guard to play with Sexton cause I don’t see the Sexland backcourt working as it’s too small. Then they can bring Garland off the bench. They could use 2 firsts in a deep draft more than us as we are already one of the youngest teams in the league. That way we could play however we want and hope Cleveland falls apart. I really want Cade or Green more than any other player. Green is the best 2 guard in the draft and that’s the position we need the most IMO

PF: Zion, Billy
    SG: Green, NAW
    PG: Bledsoe, Kira

Then we could sign a decent veteran 4 that would be beneficial for Zion to learn from.
    You don’t do this before the draft and hope it ends up in the top 5, sure it could but the pelicans pick could also luck out and win the lottery for the first pick, if that happened and we traded it before the draft I don’t think I could root for this team anymore. Now say the cavs gets like the 4th pick and we get the 6th I’d be fine with giving up our first and the Lakers first to move up 2 spots but as long as we land in the top 6 I’m happy regardless.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 03-11-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Right now we’re tied with the thunder for the 8th pick and Cleveland has the 6th

Quote Originally Posted by DaPelFromHell View Post
    Trade Lonzo, our 1st, and the Lakers 1st to Cleveland for their unprotected 1st and hope it ends up in the top 5.
    And if it doesn't, what did you accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    And if it doesn't, what did you accomplish?
    Exactly, it’s a move that could end up being where we give up 2 draft picks and still pick after the cavs.

We only have the Lakers pick if it's in the top 8 anyway, right? Then becomes unprotected next year.

Right now we?re tied with the thunder for the 8th pick and Cleveland has the 6th
    As long we stay in the in the 6th - 8th range. It's plausible that we can do a swap trade.

Do we... I kind of doubt it. We tend to be pretty elite at winning worthless games.

Well with tonight’s loss we are in sole possession of the 8th pick

Getting closer to those chaos odd picks 5-7th.

Man... We are gonna end up with 11-14th pick again. This season is nothing short of complete frustration.

We're not quite bad enough to finish as low as we'd like. But we'll still be in a spot to take someone...

Oh wait. Nevermind. If Mac's hearing right, we ain't keeping the pick short of us actually winning the lottery top 4 slot. And even then, if it isn't #1 or #2, we'd just trade it for Beal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    We're not quite bad enough to finish as low as we'd like. But we'll still be in a spot to take someone...

Oh wait. Nevermind. If Mac's hearing right, we ain't keeping the pick short of us actually winning the lottery top 4 slot. And even then, if it isn't #1 or #2, we'd just trade it for Beal.
    Your best hope for keeping the pick is it being a pick that doesnt really have any value in a trade. Because it is by far the best asset we have to improve our team this summer and Griff is going to be very aggressive this upcoming year. Missing the playoffs for three straight years is not an option - and adding another 19 yr old does not help you accomplish that goal.

But I guess there is a world where the Pels land 13 or 14 and nobody really covets that pick enough to give him a good player for it. But if they can get a Covington, the way Portland did for their pick this year, Griff does that 100 out of 100 times this summer over adding another 19 yr old to this squad. And if he can package this years pick with future picks to add a REAL difference maker, he does that 101 out of 100 times
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Your best hope for keeping the pick is it being a pick that doesnt really have any value in a trade. Because it is by far the best asset we have to improve our team this summer and Griff is going to be very aggressive this upcoming year. Missing the playoffs for three straight years is not an option - and adding another 19 yr old does not help you accomplish that goal.

But I guess there is a world where the Pels land 13 or 14 and nobody really covets that pick enough to give him a good player for it. But if they can get a Covington, the way Portland did for their pick this year, Griff does that 100 out of 100 times this summer over adding another 19 yr old to this squad. And if he can package this years pick with future picks to add a REAL difference maker, he does that 101 out of 100 times
    If that is his intent, he will waste the pick in desperation. Portland gave up 2 1sts and Ariza for Covington and there is no way I would do something like that for a player like him. I can see Griffin doing something like that when he strikes out on a big fish.

Moses Moody creation flashes last game >>>

Moses Moody creation flashes last game >>>
    That’s all I needed to see. He’s right after Cade, Kuminga, Green, and Mobley. Just a notch above Suggs. His defensive potential intrigues as well.

Speaking of defense, I wonder where Davion Mitchell projects. He’s a hound on defense.

Thread Information