Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    As of right now 3/4, what are you guys rankings in top 10 and where does Moses fit in as a overall talent and ceiling?
    My top 5 list is probably

Cade
    Mobley
    Suggs
    Green
    Kuminga

If Kum keeps falling. Zaire seems like a stock riser.

I need to see more late top 10. From 6-10 is pretty interchangeable in a good way

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    My top 5 list is probably

Cade
    Mobley
    Suggs
    Green
    Kuminga

If Kum keeps falling. Zaire seems like a stock riser.

I need to see more late top 10. From 6-10 is pretty interchangeable in a good way
    It's a cool draft in that even a bunch of guys that I didn't list there in my top dozen would be cool pickups that I can easily imagine as good, productive NBA players. Bones Hyland, David Johnson, David Duke, Ben Mathurin, JT Thor, Jared Butler, James Bouknight, Deuce McBride, etc.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    So.....you evaluate based on nothing other than what is "supposedly" going on? Don't watch any games....just hear that a guy is supposedly struggling or doing well?

Bold tactic. Tell us more!
    I?d be willing to bet that Green gets drafted before Kuminga. If I?m right you can?t post for a year, deal?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I?d be willing to bet that Green gets drafted before Kuminga. If I?m right you can?t post for a year, deal?
    Why do you keep trying to bet stuff with everyone that disagrees with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Why do you keep trying to bet stuff with everyone that disagrees with you?
    Not everyone, only people I’d like not to post anymore. I disagree with you at times and haven’t tried to bet squat.

Trying to weed out the trolls, but I’m willing to sacrifice myself posting on here if I have to. I guess you could call me Iron Man, or maybe Batman. Not the hero we need, but the one we deserve.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 03-04-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Not everyone, only people I’d like not to post anymore. I disagree with you at times and haven’t tried to bet squat.

Trying to weed out the trolls, but I’m willing to sacrifice myself posting on here if I love. I guess you could call me Iron Man, or maybe Batman. Not the hero we need, but the one we deserve.
    ...ok

...ok
    Ok...

Moody with a 28/4/2/2/1 game tonight on 9/15 shooting, 5/8 from 3, 0 turnovers, 2 fouls. 5/6 from the line also. Really strong defense.

He's so good. So glad I had him top 8 before the season and he's only proven me more and more right.

Not everyone, only people I?d like not to post anymore. I disagree with you at times and haven?t tried to bet squat.

Trying to weed out the trolls, but I?m willing to sacrifice myself posting on here if I have to. I guess you could call me Iron Man, or maybe Batman. Not the hero we need, but the one we deserve.

Moody with a 28/4/2/2/1 game tonight on 9/15 shooting, 5/8 from 3, 0 turnovers, 2 fouls. 5/6 from the line also. Really strong defense.

He's so good. So glad I had him top 8 before the season and he's only proven me more and more right.
    That was super impressive. Hopefully, we won't do the thing we enjoy most after the all star break and be a sub 0.575 team, fall completely out of the top ten of true lottery tickets, and still miss the playoffs

I really been falling in love with Scottie Barnes as a prospect and as a culture setter with us. Dude is a nutcase and oozes potential as a 3/4 and a small ball 5
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

That was super impressive. Hopefully, we won't do the thing we enjoy most after the all star break and be a sub 0.575 team, fall completely out of the top ten of true lottery tickets, and still miss the playoffs
    I'm hoping for 1-9 start. But this team hates me so I'm expecting a 9-1 start lol

I really been falling in love with Scottie Barnes as a prospect and as a culture setter with us. Dude is a nutcase and oozes potential as a 3/4 and a small ball 5
    I love him both as an on-ball defender and as a passer.

Sadly he just cannot score the ball like, at all, whatsoever. Can't finish at a high evel, can't shoot at all, can't shoot FTs.

He kind of reminds me of Lonzo just like, what if instead of being 6'6 and a coward you're 6'9 and can't jump?

Honestly I never saw you talk about him until I mentioned him in another thread

[/B]

Honestly I never saw you talk about him until I mentioned him in another thread
    He's been in my signature since before the season started.

I’m officially on the Mobley bandwagon. I’d be content with him and anyone in the top 5.

He's been in my signature since before the season started.
    We get Pick 8-9 and who would you draft if Kispert, Springer, Moody, And Johnson is on the board?

We get Pick 8-9 and who would you draft if Kispert, Springer, Moody, And Johnson is on the board?
    I'd just trade up for Mobley if I could with those choices. Wouldn't hurt us to not horde so many picks.

I'd just trade up for Mobley if I could with those choices. Wouldn't hurt us to not horde so many picks.
    Find me an example in recent NBA history where a team traded up from 8, 9, 10, etc into the top tier of prospects. It doesnt happen. You could offer 8 and 3 or 4 future 1sts and no team would trade you Mobley or Cade. It just doesnt happen. Only reason Dallas got Luka is because he fell to 3 and Atlanta liked Trae and they only moved back to 5.

If you want a Mobley or a Cade, you better get a top 3 pick. In the NBA, you cant move up from 8, 9, or 10 to the top tier - no matter how much you give up. Its not like the NFL draft
    @mcnamara247

Moody, then Springer, as the #1 and #2 options.

I rate Moody very highly, and while I don't think Springer has quite the ceiling that some other guys in the top end of the draft have, I do think he's got some pretty enticing higher end outcomes, particularly leveraging his strength, with a fairly high defensive ceiling as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Find me an example in recent NBA history where a team traded up from 8, 9, 10, etc into the top tier of prospects. It doesnt happen. You could offer 8 and 3 or 4 future 1sts and no team would trade you Mobley or Cade. It just doesnt happen. Only reason Dallas got Luka is because he fell to 3 and Atlanta liked Trae and they only moved back to 5.

If you want a Mobley or a Cade, you better get a top 3 pick. In the NBA, you cant move up from 8, 9, or 10 to the top tier - no matter how much you give up. Its not like the NFL draft
    You probably could use a drink. It's really not that serious when speaking in hypotheticals.

Yeah, why talk about reality?

Hypothetically, lets trade Hart for Giannis!! I mean, nothing said here is meant to be taken seriously or pass knowledge on to anyone else. Lets just say whatever!!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What about four picks and Lonzo Ball! Ha-HA! Take that, Mac!

Moody and it isn’t really that close for me, he’s 6 on my big board

Moody and it isn’t really that close for me, he’s 6 on my big board
    Just spent some time watching him. Definitely agree with this.

Thread Information