Pelicans Report

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    SGA will have to request a trade or leak it though (which may happen) as I don’t think OKC would give him up willingly. You have to have SOMETHING to build around.
    He's too good to tank with, so the only option is to hold him out of games. There's absolutely no way that he's going to allow them to hold him out of games for 2 straight seasons of his prime when he has a chance at All-NBA. So, at that point, you're either playing yourself out of the race for the top 3, or you're trading your war chest for actual talent to build around SGA.

They came out of last year's draft with Poku and Theo Maledon. Poku may have potential but he just statistically had one of the worst seasons in NBA history. He's at least a year away from making any sort of contribution. Now they're picking 6th, outside of the range of immediate contributors. What he's tried to do since Westbrook was traded failed this year when he got the 6

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I don't think that offer was real tbh
    Even if it wasn't real, I think his hand will be forced at some point this year. It makes no sense for SGA to sign an extension there. They are 5 years away

Will be disappointing if Kuminga slides to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post

Will be disappointing if Kuminga slides to 10.
    Personally I have Kuminga like 12th, so it would make sense to me.
    Basketball.

I'm not sure whether to get excited or not for tomorrow.

I wonder what impact this Jaxson drama has? What if we suddenly take a big @ 17?

Are we still looking to deal our way out of the draft?

Picks 5 through 10 are going to be interesting, I think.

Both Keon & Jalen Johnson look to be falling and may be there at 17. Would you take a chance on either of them who many saw as top 10 picks really early in the process?

Keon is a freak athlete that shows some potential on defense. His main weakness is his shot.

Jalen looks like Ben Simmons, but not a point guard. Maybe he could play some point

Both these guys have defensive potential, but their shot needs work. Both these guys have high upside, but could also be busts.

I would take either of them depending on who else is available. If Jalen could play as a combo forward that would be a really good fit cause we could use someone that can play the 3 & 4.

At 34 we could possibly get a guy seen as a top 10 guy really early and that’s BJ Boston. But people will likely get confused on who is who between him and BI lol
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 07-28-2021 at 06:58 PM.

The team is very confident the felony charges will be dropped. They arent changing anything based off todays news
    @mcnamara247

I feel like if we keep the pick there are so many players we could take 17 that I'd be happy with and only a few that I wouldn't. So that's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I feel like if we keep the pick there are so many players we could take 17 that I'd be happy with and only a few that I wouldn't. So that's nice.
    Same. One guy we haven't spent much time talking about, mainly because he would've been a reach at pick 10 is Ziaire Williams. I think he is a very intriguing prospect at 17.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Same. One guy we haven't spent much time talking about, mainly because he would've been a reach at pick 10 is Ziaire Williams. I think he is a very intriguing prospect at 17.
    Yeah I agree. I think he's a few years away honestly, but his defensive indicators are very positive and there are flashes in his offense which are enticing. He wouldn't be mu first choice at 17 but I certainly wouldn't be sulking of we took him there, I get the attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The team is very confident the felony charges will be dropped. They arent changing anything based off todays news
    Here's hoping.

Thanks G, we appreciate you!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Rookie
    I cant see a world where any rookie starts the year in our rotation. Actually, maybe one world - if we make a 3 or 4 for 1 type of swap, then maybe a rookie is our 7th or 8th man
    But as is, with expected moves, I cant see a rookie starting the year in our top 9
    BAHAHAHAHA

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Springer should be a top 10 pick. If he falls to the second round it's going to be worse than when Maxey fell to the 20s last year. Criminal negligence.
    BAHAHAHAHA

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Heh. Aren't you cheeky.

Thread Information