Pelicans Report

Thread: TM3's Technical Foul

TM3's Technical Foul

Just wondering....

1. Was JM3's Technical warranted?

2. Don't I see LBJ, Trae, Luka, Jimmy, Draymond, PG13, or even our beloved CP3 do this (and a whole lot more) on most of their 'highlight plays' every night?

3. Was it the name on the back of the uniform that merited JM3's technical in the third quarter or was it the name on the front?

My answers:

1. No
    2. Yes
    3. Both

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he got the technical because it seemed become a catalyst to both energize and synergize the team last night.

It was absolutely ridiculous. Brothers made some real questionable calls last night. That one was a joke.

I'm a Pels fan....a Saints fan....a US soccer fan....I'm just used to having officials call awful things on my teams followed up by announcers making comments like "when they're not a rookie, they'll get that call" or "with success, they'll stop making those calls". I then watch the Saints become one of the most successful teams of the past decade and a half and still have bad calls go overwhelmingly against them. Or watch Pels players like AD and Jrue continue to not get calls only to go to other teams and see their FT attempts dramatically improve.

My current theory is that I am the center of some Truman Show-esque experiment and the masses love my reaction to seeing my teams get screwed over so they keep feeding the people.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

If you are The Truman Show, I feel bad for the viewers who tune in to watch you post on this board lol
    @mcnamara247

*cue Doogie Howser music

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If you are The Truman Show, I feel bad for the viewers who tune in to watch you post on this board lol
    So, Mac, you think it was an apt call (ie: given the same display of deportment, a call Lebron would have gotten)?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    So, Mac, you think it was an apt call (ie: given the same display of deportment, a call Lebron would have gotten)?
    I wouldnt have made it, but what I definitely dont think is that the ref had some agenda against the Pelicans and/or the league is trying to hold the Pelicans down

Refs are human. Make good calls, make dumb calls. I dont try to get into judging them too much because over time it all about evens out (for example, I think that was a charge on BI with about 3 mins left and the game tied. They called a block).

The only thing I think is dumb is when fans act like the league has it out for them and/or their team gets the short end of the whistle WAY more than the opponent. It only feels that way because as humans we log every slight and quickly forget or ignore every favorable call. In one of my favorite books, it talks about how (when surveyed) over 94% of people believe they are in the longer lines in grocery stores far more often than the shorter ones. They all report having bad luck when it comes to that.

We know that cant be possible, but to us it is because we never remember the times we flew through the line but we remember forever the times when we got in a line that had an old lady as for 3 price checks, and then used a check to pay

It was such an expressionless stare, can't T up a guy for looking at someone blank-faced after a dunk/bucket. That's crossing the line IMO.

Naji did worse after his buzzer beating layup the other night, no call.

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    It was such an expressionless stare, can't T up a guy for looking at someone blank-faced after a dunk/bucket. That's crossing the line IMO.

Naji did worse after his buzzer beating layup the other night, no call.
    Lebron is negatively animated toward the refs ad nauseum. Every time he misses a shot, is tagged with a personal foul, or commits a turnover, there's nothing but crickets from the officials. Perhaps whining is so much a part of his game that the refs are immune to it.
    Last edited by As I See It; 03-28-2022 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Lebron is negatively animated toward the refs. Every time he misses a shot, is tagged with a personal foul, or commits a turnover, there's nothing but crickets from the officials. Perhaps whining is so much a part of his game that the refs are immune to it.
    Oh yea I know superstars are allowed to taunt, the league isn't going to do anything about that. But they should work to better define a taunt if what Trey did can be considered 'taunting' because it certainly wasn't.

Thread Information