Pelicans Report

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft Discussion

When I first mentioned him here, most mocks had him squarely in early round 2 and just a few late round 1.

That seems like it's over now.

Per usual, you knew before anyone else! We are all just catching up!!!!
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Per usual, you knew before anyone else! We are all just catching up!!!!
    Per usual, your jerk personality trumps anything helpful! But we already knew that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Per usual, your jerk personality trumps anything helpful! But we already knew that!!!
    The guy never misses an opportunity to point out when he said something in the past that was kinda right or someone else is also saying now, and I cant make a playful joke? Did you guys all grow up around women with no sense of humor? Sorry, I grew up like a normal male, playing sports with other dudes who all busted each others balls and had some fun.

The guy never misses an opportunity to point out when he said something in the past that was kinda right or someone else is also saying now, and I cant make a playful joke? Did you guys all grow up around women with no sense of humor? Sorry, I grew up like a normal male, playing sports with other dudes who all busted each others balls and had some fun.
    I do truly appreciate your insight, I think it's great in fact. But I think most people would appreciate it if you wouldn't be such a jerk. It's not amusing. It's not funny. Stop talking down to people, etc.

I never said anything about where he should be drafted. Just mentioned him as a player I liked. So that village idiot comment made no sense. At all.

I wouldn't bother someone clearly engaged in heavy drinking on a Monday tho.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I never said anything about where he should be drafted. Just mentioned him as a player I liked. So that village idiot comment made no sense. At all.

I wouldn't bother someone clearly engaged in heavy drinking on a Monday tho.
    wat

wat
    I'm talking about the jerk.

Word to MM, who are some of you guys favorite guards who can create for themselves in this draft? Create separation, potential 3 level scoring, etc.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Word to MM, who are some of you guys favorite guards who can create for themselves in this draft? Create separation, potential 3 level scoring, etc.
    Jalen Green

I do truly appreciate your insight, I think it's great in fact. But I think most people would appreciate it if you wouldn't be such a jerk. It's not amusing. It's not funny. Stop talking down to people, etc.
    Speak for yourself, not other people. If you dont like that 1 out of my last 200 posts I made a playful comment to a poster who is always looking for someone, anyone, to tell him that he is smart. Just once. Well, then I am sorry you have no sense of humor. But I would be your monkey and just dance for you and type only what you want me to type. I am gonna joke around from time to time. As normal males dp

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Jalen Green
    Correct. He is the only one I could see having a chance to do it at an elite level in his prime because of his burst and lift. If he hits his ceiling, its TMac-ish, while Cade is more of a better vision, bigger Chauncey. Which is a fantastic player but I dont see him having the ability to get his shot from anywhere he wants vs a top defender in the playoffs.

Most importantly Jalen Green has that alpha trait that all great scorers have.

He’s a normal male. He grew up playing sports with other dudes who busted each others balls. Cade grew up around women and has no sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post

He’s a normal male. He grew up playing sports with other dudes who busted each others balls. Cade grew up around women and has no sense of humor.
    LOL - okay, I deserved that one. Well done

Speak for yourself, not other people. If you dont like that 1 out of my last 200 posts I made a playful comment to a poster who is always looking for someone, anyone, to tell him that he is smart. Just once. Well, then I am sorry you have no sense of humor. But I would be your monkey and just dance for you and type only what you want me to type. I am gonna joke around from time to time. As normal males dp
    Im the one constantly looking for some internet strangers to tell me I'm smart?

Yet you are the one, constantly and incessantly, telling other people here how much you have to "teach them" how to think about basketball. Constantly deriding people for being "fans" while you are the only clear thinking objective person on the planet. Then constantly acting as if you have inside information when all you do is probably hassle people like Scott Kushner through email all day.

I know it pisses you off when people that know basketball get things right without your help. Thats a village idiot problem though. Too bad we all have to suffer the ego of such an idiot daily.

Again, all I did was post a tweet about a player I like. Yet here you are hounding my posts...again.

So what I want to happen is 1 of 2 things

1. We get lucky and land in the top 3 and get 1 of Cade, Mobley, or Green

Or

2. If we land the 10th pick we trade it unless Moody is available.

Im the one constantly looking for some internet strangers to tell me I'm smart?

Yet you are the one, constantly and incessantly, telling other people here how much you have to "teach them" how to think about basketball. Constantly deriding people for being "fans" while you are the only clear thinking objective person on the planet. Then constantly acting as if you have inside information when all you do is probably hassle people like Scott Kushner through email all day.

I know it pisses you off when people that know basketball get things right without your help. Thats a village idiot problem though. Too bad we all have to suffer the ego of such an idiot daily.

Again, all I did was post a tweet about a player I like. Yet here you are hounding my posts...again.
    Your anger makes me smile. Thank you for responding, despite saying you never would again

Any 2nd round guys yalld be interested in. Ive heard a lot of good things about Miles McBride. Herb Jones is a guy who while, he maybe isnt loaded on talent, seems like the kind of guy who can not play all season and then give you a solid 15 minutes in the playoffs.

Any 2nd round guys yalld be interested in. Ive heard a lot of good things about Miles McBride. Herb Jones is a guy who while, he maybe isnt loaded on talent, seems like the kind of guy who can not play all season and then give you a solid 15 minutes in the playoffs.
    I've watched McBride. He can certainly get his shot off, but in the slow or methodical, below the rim style. Think a shorter DeRozan or Brogdon type.

I've watched McBride. He can certainly get his shot off, but in the slow or methodical, below the rim style. Think a shorter DeRozan or Brogdon type.
    Yeah I don?t see a ton of offensive potential but he?s a decent shooter and looked pretty tenacious defensively from what I could see.

He?s a normal male. He grew up playing sports with other dudes who busted each others balls. Cade grew up around women and has no sense of humor.
    I have Mac on ignore and missed what this was a reference to at first, and my head almost exploded. I thought you'd gone insane for a minute.
    Basketball.

Man... That's some weird stuff.

Dae any interesting prospects you been digging into lately? I think we are pretty much 1:1 on guys we like this year. Last year I struggled so hard to find many talents that I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Man... That's some weird stuff.

Dae any interesting prospects you been digging into lately? I think we are pretty much 1:1 on guys we like this year. Last year I struggled so hard to find many talents that I liked.
    I'm pretty similar in terms of who I like from my perspective a few weeks ago when it comes to the top end of the draft, though I have shuffled around a few people (I still have Springer rising, for example, and I think I've finally pulled the trigger on moving Suggs to #4 under Green). I'm still wrestling with myself over Sharife Cooper, who I think has a few really bankable skills and some other traits which are very positive but the complete lack of success from 3 and the large defensive holes worry me. The cheap comparison for him is like a 2nd rate version of Trae, because they're both relatively small guards who draw fouls at absurd rates and have X Ray passing vision which is somewhat limited by their height, but Trae can shoot and Sharife just can't and I'm wondering if I buy any equity for Sharife as a shooter at the NBA level; at least, enough of a shooter to offset the limitations.

I'm a fairly recent JT Thor convert, if that counts? I had him first round for months but it was late first, I've only considered him really worth a top 20 pick over the last few weeks.

Dae, what are your thoughts about Filip Petrušev?

He's a 6'11 PF that averaged 22/8 in 31 minutes per game in the ABA this year. He shot 45% from 3 and 72% from the FT line. All I know is what I've seen in highlight videos, but we've been wanting a stretch big next to Zion and he looks like he could fill that role in a year or two as he grows into it. I'd love if we could get him with one of our early seconds, but most mocks I've seen have him going late 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Dae, what are your thoughts about Filip Petrušev?

He's a 6'11 PF that averaged 22/8 in 31 minutes per game in the ABA this year. He shot 45% from 3 and 72% from the FT line. All I know is what I've seen in highlight videos, but we've been wanting a stretch big next to Zion and he looks like he could fill that role in a year or two as he grows into it. I'd love if we could get him with one of our early seconds, but most mocks I've seen have him going late 1st.
    I think he's pretty underrated. A lot of mocks don't even have him going at all

Thread Information