Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NBA Draft Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I've said it before in this thread but Cade + Zion = a decade of dominance, without much question, in my mind. No team with a competent FO would trade the pick if they got #1, but if for some reason they had a brain-lapse and did it, I would be willing to throw an unruly number of assets to get it.

Cade would be the clear #1 in most drafts (including this one) even if all he was was a 6'8 elite self-creator, shooter and 1v1 defender. The fact that he's all of that plus one of the best passers in the world and also a brilliant on-court communicator and has ice in his veins as a clutch time player, and also plays great team D?

I've said before that this generation of players will be defined by Luka, Zion, and Cade in the same way that this last generation has been Lebron, KD, and Curry, and frankly I still haven't shifted from that much. The only thing I would add is that Paolo Banchero in 2022 is looking to try and make an argument as the #4 (we might call them the D Wade equivalent, I guess) of the group.
    No one is trading pick 1

It could be 100 years before you get another repeat of 2020 with teams trying to get out of pick 1

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    No one is trading pick 1

It could be 100 years before you get another repeat of 2020 with teams trying to get out of pick 1
    I mean, I literally said that nobody is likely to trade it in the very post you are quote tweeting, and implied they would have to have a complete brain failure to do so, so yeah I agree.

That said, who knows, maybe you can trade up to #3 and we'll have a repeat of the Luka draft where the top drafting teams are run by idiots.
    Basketball.

I mean, I literally said that nobody is likely to trade it in the very post you are quote tweeting, and implied they would have to have a complete brain failure to do so, so yeah I agree.

That said, who knows, maybe you can trade up to #3 and we'll have a repeat of the Luka draft where the top drafting teams are run by idiots.
    Not saying the front offices aren't idiots, but no chance Cade drops, not being European and all

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Not saying the front offices aren't idiots, but no chance Cade drops, not being European and all
    :shrug: who knows? Stranger things have happened than a bad team (which the teams picking top 3 almost always are) making dumb decisions. Can only hope.

One of the winningest players in NCAA history. Still my pick for us if we end up outside of that top top echelon of guys. Career 92% winning percentage, 119 wins in 129 games.

Finishes season averaging 20/5/2 on 55/46/89 splits, overall at 70.2% TS.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I'm pretty comfortable with Mobley and Green being highest lottery pick ceiling at best. 1-3 seems pretty impossible. Feels like you can trade up to atleast 5th if you really wanted too.

I see Mobley falling just a little bit while being my 2nd favorite because the NBA is really a guard league.

If you really want Mobley... You should be able to get him.
    If Mobley doesn?t go at 2 there?s no way he falls past 3 IMO

The more I think about it the more I think we need a post player than a big. Zion is the future creator with BI and Kira. Mobley would be a perfect fit x100

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    If Mobley doesn?t go at 2 there?s no way he falls past 3 IMO
    So, you're telling me Houston will draft Mobley over a potential franchise Guard... Press X to doubt. That's not their MO.

Top 3 is...

Minn
    Detroit
    Houston

I'll guarantee that if this remains unchanged... Mobley will fall to 4th. Then... Who is 4th and 5th... Cleveland and Orlando. Teams also not on the market for a big. It would take a huge lottery shack up to get Mobley in the top 3.

SAC
    OKC
    WAS
    NOP

Look like 100% locks to draft Mobley if he falls

So, you're telling me Houston will draft Mobley over a potential franchise Guard... Press X to doubt. That's not their MO.

Top 3 is...

Minn
    Detroit
    Houston

I'll guarantee that if this remains unchanged... Mobley will fall to 4th. Then... Who is 4th and 5th... Cleveland and Orlando. Teams also not on the market for a big. It would take a huge lottery shack up to get Mobley in the top 3.

SAC
    OKC
    WAS
    NOP

Look like 100% locks to draft Mobley if he falls
    First off we have no idea who will pick top 3, second off, guard or big you always draft BPA unless you have lebron or Luka and they play the same position.

Houston isn’t gonna pass on Mobley because he isn’t a guard lol, that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard

I’ll make a wager Mobley goes top 3. If he does you can’t post on here for a year, if he doesn’t then I won’t. Deal?
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 02-28-2021 at 02:45 PM.

First off we have no idea who will pick top 3, second off, guard or big you always draft BPA unless you have lebron or Luka and they play the same position.

Houston isn’t gonna pass on Mobley because he isn’t a guard lol, that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard

I’ll make a wager Mobley goes top 3. If he does you can’t post on here for a year, if he doesn’t then I won’t. Deal?
    Actually we do have a good idea of who'll draft top 3 and top 5 with probability variences of those picks. It's really not hard to comprehend. Especially, if you look at historical data with how bigs with no 3pt shots are trending downward and even with Wiseman. GSW was trying hard to trade that pick. Houston being heavy analytics teams. They are gonna value a talent that make sense in the top 3. Their board won't force them to draft him, because it's crazy deep at higher valued positions unlike last year. They can get the best wing or top 3 guard at 3rd. They will. It's just how the league is now.

Nobody wants to be drafting Jahil Okafor or Greg Oden over a potential Devin Booker or Kevin Durant anymore. Shooting is king to a lot of teams now. This 100% why I believe Mobley will fall.
    Last edited by Taker597; 02-28-2021 at 03:04 PM.

Actually we do have a good idea of who'll draft top 3 and top 5 with probability variences of those picks. It's really not hard to comprehend. Especially, if you look at historical data with how bigs with no 3pt shots are trending downward and even with Wiseman. GSW was trying hard to trade that pick. Houston being heavy analytics teams. They are gonna value a talent that make sense in the top 3. Their board won't force them to draft him, because it's crazy deep at higher valued positions unlike last year. They can get the best wing or top 3 guard at 3rd. They will. It's just how the league is now.

Nobody wants to be drafting Jahil Okafor or Greg Oden over a potential Devin Booker or Kevin Durant anymore. Shooting is king to a lot of teams now. This 100% why I believe Mobley will fall.
    I’m not gonna break down all the wrong things in your post, it’s terrible and would take to long, I’ll cut to the chase. So is the bet on or off? Should be easy since you guarentee it.

I’m not gonna break down all the wrong things in your post, it’s terrible and would take to long, I’ll cut to the chase. So is the bet on or off? Should be easy since you guarentee it.
    I really don't careeeeeeeeeeeee. Especially, for immature ban bets. I spent most of my days working in the hospital. All I wanna do is escape and talk basketball.

I ain't gonna beef anyone on this emotional dinosaur forum. You can have beef with the other 10 beefs on this board. If you right, you right. Why does it matter? That's like a whole 7+ months from draft day anyway. That's just silly.

I hope Mobley falls

I think he's good.

I really don't careeeeeeeeeeeee. Especially, for immature ban bets. I spent most of my days working in the hospital. All I wanna do is escape and talk basketball.

I ain't gonna beef anyone on this emotional dinosaur forum. You can have beef with the other 10 beefs on this board. If you right, you right. Why does it matter? That's like a whole 7+ months from draft day anyway. That's just silly.
    Well you said you guarentee so it isn’t really a bet for you since it’s a guarentee. Also if you don’t want beef don’t make smart ****** condescending comments like “it’s really not hard to comprehend.”

I hope Mobley falls

I think he's good.
    I wasn't trying to be rude, but overtly analytical because of I'm analytic gambler when I'm not constantly working in the hospital. So, it comes off rude. I zone in on some data and what talent can be possible for a fall in historical trends. Mobley is the hottest probability. So, I take that hot read and commit to it. Granted... This is read that's 7+ months early. So, things can considerably change. We still got March Madness, interview process, Leaks, and etc to come out. On the Littlest data that I have... Which is simply historical trends, talent pool, and league trends. Mobley has a considerable higher chance of falling than anyone of the consensus top 5. I also said a little falls. So, possibly one or just two spots at best.

We got a lot of time for things to change.

Well you said you guarentee so it isn’t really a bet for you since it’s a guarentee. Also if you don’t want beef don’t make smart ****** condescending comments like “it’s really not hard to comprehend.”
    You should probably get a drink. It's not that serious. Get over yourself.

You should probably get a drink. It's not that serious. Get over yourself.
    Lol, whatever you say mr guarantee

Just another Kiwi basking in the reflected glory of Steven Adams....bask bask...

I wasn't trying to be rude, but overtly analytical because of I'm analytic gambler when I'm not constantly working in the hospital. So, it comes off rude. I zone in on some data and what talent can be possible for a fall in historical trends. Mobley is the hottest probability. So, I take that hot read and commit to it. Granted... This is read that's 7+ months early. So, things can considerably change. We still got March Madness, interview process, Leaks, and etc to come out. On the Littlest data that I have... Which is simply historical trends, talent pool, and league trends. Mobley has a considerable higher chance of falling than anyone of the consensus top 5. I also said a little falls. So, possibly one or just two spots at best.

We got a lot of time for things to change.
    The reality is that someone almost always falls. There's pretty much always somebody. So I wouldn't be surprised if Mobley drops a bit, though I would be quite shocked if he fell out of the top 5.

Brandon Clarke is the ultimate example: he went in the 20s in a draft where he was one of the 5 best players, and will likely have one of the 10 best careers. Several reasons why in his case, with a huge one being age - age is one of the common reasons that players drop.

Now, being a C isn't usually cause for that much of a drop in my view: in just the last 8 years, we've had Anthony Bennett, Joel Embiid, Karl Anthony-Towns, Jahlil Okafor, DeAndre Ayton, Marvin Bagley, and James Wiseman all go top three, and then another load of bigs like Dragan Bender and Jaren Jackson Jr go #4. So just being a C usually isn't enough to guarantee falling out of the top 5, but could it happen? Sure, it could.

I think I've finally caught up enough on Franz Wagner film, and have read enough writing on him now, to have an opinion. Hard to say exactly but I think I'd be comfortable with him anywhere in that 8-14 kind of range, at least right now.

Just for anyone who isn't familiar with him

-Sophomore
    - 6'9'', 220lbs
    - Raw Box score stats: 13/6/3 on 54/37/84 splits
    - Advanced stats: +40.3 Net Rating, 2.6%STL, 3.2%BLK, 64.2% TS, +14.4 BPM, only about 19% Usage, slightly better than 2:1 AST:TO

Pros:
    - High IQ and consistently good decision maker, even under pressure, whether on or off ball.
    - Versatility in terms of role: he can play on ball, with a reasonable handle and passing acumen, or off ball equally well.
    - Excellent team defender, almost always in the right place and uses his length to compensate for average strength. Great helper.
    - Intense and stifling point of attack defender, with high end movement skills.
    - Highly disciplined individual defender, able to play down on smaller guards without bailing out for steals or making super high risk plays
    - Very young. Despite being a sophomore he doesn't turn 20 until after the draft.
    - Projects fairly well as a shooter, taking more than 3 a game this year on improved efficiency, and has always been good from the line. Shoots off movement.
    - Can run the PnR as ballhandler at 6'9, playing with patience, and actively reads defenses instead of just running set plays forever. 81st percentile PnR ballhandler.
    - Solid finisher, though not spectacular.
    - Live dribble passer on occasion.

Cons:
    - Isn't really a pullup shooter at this point, being largely unimpressive in those circumstances.
    - Not noteworthy for his physical strength, which means he can be prone to being overpowered here and there particularly by bigger guys
    - Athleticism is okay but entirely mediocre, he doesn't project as some kind of explosive or otherwise impressive guy like that
    - While his efficiency has increased from 3 this year, it is on lower volume. Not massively lower, but it's something to watch.
    - On-ball skills are present but it's clear that he's not a high usage on ball NBA guy. This is more of an auxiliary skill to support his off-ball cutting/shooting and defense.

Good [new!] article to read from one of the hosts of Prep2Pro pod here on him, for some clips and more detail: http://jakeinthepaint.com/size-skill...has-the-juice/

So supposedly Kuminga has really been struggling the the Gleague but Jalen green has been just lightning it up. Move Green up to number 3 on my big board now just a hair behind Mobley, and Kuminga to 4

So supposedly Kuminga has really been struggling the the Gleague but Jalen green has been just lightning it up. Move Green up to number 3 on my big board now just a hair behind Mobley, and Kuminga to 4
    I suppose it depends what you mean by struggling. Kuminga's averaging 16/7/3 and while his efficiency has been very poor (largely a problem with processing, in my opinion: he tends to make the adjustment on drives a second too late, or miss the pass that would prevent a charge) he's actually been quite promising in terms of athleticism and defense.

I do agree that he's not really in the top 3, but then, I don't think I had him top 3 anyway. It's still Cade in Tier 1 on his own, then Mobley in Tier 2 on his own, and then Suggs at the top of Tier 3.

So.....you evaluate based on nothing other than what is "supposedly" going on? Don't watch any games....just hear that a guy is supposedly struggling or doing well?

Bold tactic. Tell us more!
    @mcnamara247

As of right now 3/4, what are you guys rankings in top 10 and where does Moses fit in as a overall talent and ceiling?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    As of right now 3/4, what are you guys rankings in top 10 and where does Moses fit in as a overall talent and ceiling?
    I have Moody in the 6-13 sort of range, anywhere in there would be good for him. He's a solid defender though unspectacular, has shown so much promise and progress as a shooter and scorer this year, he's a great size for a shooter of his calibre, and he's an alright passer as well (not great but he's not a black hole or anything, perfectly acceptable for a non playmaker prospect). If his shooting continues to progress and the defense makes fairly normal improvements he'll be very very good as an NBA wing.

My top ten is something probably like (and this is rough right now so don't hold me to this if I forget someone lmao, writing on my phone):

Cade
    Mobley
    Suggs
    Springer
    Green
    Kuminga
    Johnson
    Moody
    Cooper
    Kispert
    Jones
    Barnes
    Garuba

That's like my top dozen or so, not gonna go back and count them.

Thread Information