Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jrue Watch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If you don't think 6 in that draft is that great...then a package of Harris (who is a better player than Huerter if you are trying to win and remove contracts), Morris and a few firsts is 90 percent or more to the Hawks.

Or Levert is unhappy in Brooklyn with Kylie hogging, you can flip Jrue there.

Hawks don't live the idea of adding another 19 yr old. They don't value 6 a ton. Would make sense to gamble on Jrue if you get him cheap and then try to convince him. If you can't, flip him for something that will still help you win more than some 19 yr old would
    How interested would the Hawks be in Levert, if they don't believe they could convince Jrue to stay. A 3 team deal that sends Huerter and 6 to the Pels, Levert and JJ to the Hawks, and Jrue to the Nets makes a ton of sense. Pels could additionally have their choice of the Nets assets in Allen, Dinwiddie, future 1sts, etc. (Nets would have to get out of a few contracts)

Hawks get their pieces to contend for a playoff spot this year while maintaining some potential longevity in Levert. Holiday gets to go to a contender, and the Nets get their 3rd star. Pels rack up a ton of assets while freeing up major cap space.

Edit: Looks like D Fish said this an hour ago but I had him muted
    Last edited by pelafanatic; 11-11-2020 at 01:20 PM.

What the rush to trade Jrue now (instead of before the trade deadline) is beyond me. We probably aren?t going to make the playoffs this year, so keeping him isn?t hurting our long term growth (as he will still be a much needed veteran leader). But I don?t get paid to trade Boarder line AS players for the 6th pick in a bad draft.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pels: DeAndre Hunter & 6th pick

Hawks: Jrue Holiday

C: Hayes, Okafor(resign him or a sure fire starter like Favors again)
    PF: Zion, Melli (good at the 4 with those 2)
    SF: Ingram, Hunter (adding a defensive player like Hunter to guard the Lebrons, KDs, Kawhi?s, & other beast small forward types)
    SG: Redick, Hart, NAW
    PG: Lonzo, Hayes

I think Hayes may end up being the best player in this draft. Allows us to try and move Lonzo as well. We would have the Hayes connection on alley oops lol. I would like to get more for Jrue, but getting a defensive stopper at small forward hopefully in DeAndre Hunter would be nice IMO. Then Killian Hayes would be the future starting point guard. Then at 13 I would add Cole Anthony, Tyrell Terry, Tyrese Maxey, RJ Hampton, or Precious Achiuwa. I would like to get a big, but not many available worthy at that spot. I may double up on point guards, so after moving Lonzo we would have our two PGs for the next decade or so. Tyrell Terry may have that unlimited range from 3 so intrigues me. He could also play with Killian Hayes do to Hayes’ size to guard shooting guards.

Or package 6 & 13 to move up for Anthony Edwards if we think he could be the starting 2 guard for us?? I still like Hayes more than just about anyone in this draft. I’m not totally sold on Lonzo being the point guard for the future.
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 11-11-2020 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What the rush to trade Jrue now (instead of before the trade deadline) is beyond me. We probably aren?t going to make the playoffs this year, so keeping him isn?t hurting our long term growth (as he will still be a much needed veteran leader). But I don?t get paid to trade Boarder line AS players for the 6th pick in a bad draft.
    Depends on if Pels like a particular player in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    How interested would the Hawks be in Levert, if they don't believe they could convince Jrue to stay. A 3 team deal that sends Huerter and 6 to the Pels, Levert and JJ to the Hawks, and Jrue to the Nets makes a ton of sense. Pels could additionally have their choice of the Nets assets in Allen, Dinwiddie, future 1sts, etc. (Nets would have to get out of a few contracts)

Hawks get their pieces to contend for a playoff spot this year while maintaining some potential longevity in Levert. Holiday gets to go to a contender, and the Nets get their 3rd star. Pels rack up a ton of assets while freeing up major cap space.

Edit: Looks like D Fish said this an hour ago but I had him muted
    Think that may be our best shot (if Hawks interested in Levert).

Hawks - Levert, Temple (opt in) and #19
    Nets - Jrue
    Pels - Huerter #6

If Nets are desperate and include Dinwiddie instead of Temple, the #19 to come to Pels to package with 13 for a higher pick or trade for a future pick.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Depends on if Pels like a particular player in this draft.
    Yea perception of the draft really doesn't matter. It's considered a weak draft because there isnt a Zion or Ja up top. Very very high chance the guys selected 4-7 this year are better than the guys selected 4-7 last year

It's nowhere near a "bad draft"

I’ll stick by my assumption that this is a bad draft, and y’all can stick by yours. I’m just going to be severely disappointed if we move Jrue for the #6 pick and filler, but maybe that disappointment is what comes with being a fan of the Pelicans.

I’ll stick by my assumption that this is a bad draft, and y’all can stick by yours. I’m just going to be severely disappointed if we move Jrue for the #6 pick and filler, but maybe that disappointment is what comes with being a fan of the Pelicans.
    I think it depends on what you mean by a bad draft, to be honest. By some definitions it certainly is.

It's not the worst draft in history. Far from it. But there's no ''oh yeah, this guy is guaranteed to be great'' in it. No Zion, no Cade, no Lebron, no Duncan, no nothing.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think it depends on what you mean by a bad draft, to be honest. By some definitions it certainly is.

It's not the worst draft in history. Far from it. But there's no ''oh yeah, this guy is guaranteed to be great'' in it. No Zion, no Cade, no Lebron, no Duncan, no nothing.
    It has the feel of the Anthony Bennett/Nerlens Noel draft. Plenty of jags, no real “guys”. The “guys” that we talk about that did come from that draft Dipo, Giannis, Gobert, RoCo, CJ, etc, were far from sure fire stars at the time of their drafting, and so it really was more of a crapshoot than even almost any draft since. There is no bonnafied stars in this draft, but there are plenty of guys who look like they will stick around, which doesn’t give me great confidence in winning this Jrue trade on its face. But I’m not paid to make these decisions, so, whatever.

It has the feel of the Anthony Bennett/Nerlens Noel draft. Plenty of jags, no real “guys”. The “guys” that we talk about that did come from that draft Dipo, Giannis, Gobert, RoCo, CJ, etc, were far from sure fire stars at the time of their drafting, and so it really was more of a crapshoot than even almost any draft since. There is no bonnafied stars in this draft, but there are plenty of guys who look like they will stick around, which doesn’t give me great confidence in winning this Jrue trade on its face. But I’m not paid to make these decisions, so, whatever.
    All depends on what the plan for Jrue is. If they do not feel they have a reasonable chance at getting an extension done with him that meets their parameters, then getting something is better than letting him walk.

Jrue is opting out. Extension was probably not even considered.

I feel like, much like the Bennett draft, there's actually a ton of guys who are easy to see will be good, or even quite special in roleplayer positions (Take RoCo from that draft, for example, and compare to someone like Tillman this year), as well as a couple of guys who have astronomical upside that require a little gamble (Giannis to Pokusevski is the obvious comp, same pre-NBA league as well), but teams will inevitably find a way to mess it up anyway. CJ and RoCo were both really clearly good in college as well.

You don't get a top 5 pick in multiple consecutive drafts by reliably making good choices, so teams that pick high tend to pick badly when there isn't an obvious home run.

Think that may be our best shot (if Hawks interested in Levert).

Hawks - Levert, Temple (opt in) and #19
    Nets - Jrue
    Pels - Huerter #6

If Nets are desperate and include Dinwiddie instead of Temple, the #19 to come to Pels to package with 13 for a higher pick or trade for a future pick.
    If bring in Dinwiddie... Then, we probably have to find a way to dump Miller. He's on a non-GTD contract.

But having Ball, Dinwiddie, Levert, Reddick, and Hart is pretty uninspiring and excessive. Someone probably gets shipped out. Yet, there are massive injury concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    If bring in Dinwiddie... Then, we probably have to find a way to dump Miller. He's on a non-GTD contract.

But having Ball, Dinwiddie, Levert, Reddick, and Hart is pretty uninspiring and excessive. Someone probably gets shipped out. Yet, there are massive injury concerns.
    Levert and Dinwiddie (or Temple) would be on Hawks, not Pels.

I'm not super worried about the return for Jrue, nor am I concerned with when we trade Jrue. What concerns me is holding Jrue through the trade deadline and letting him walk for nothing after the season.

This is not a Ryan Anderson situation where Ryno is more valuable than the late 1st that may be available. Jrue can fetch multiple firsts on a bad day. That could be absolutely crucial in a trade for the next star. We will not be the only team with a ton of future firsts when someone like KAT or Booker becomes available, and there will be a bidding war. Can we beat a team like OKC in a bidding war for Booker right now? Maybe, but adding Huerter and a first or Levert could be the difference.

Jrue for McCollum and then Lonzo and 13 for De’Aaron Fox

Fox
    McCollum
    Ingram
    Zion
    Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Jrue for McCollum and then Lonzo and 13 for De’Aaron Fox

Fox
    McCollum
    Ingram
    Zion
    Hayes
    So, why are the Kings trading Fox?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

But how good a metric is just looking at the top guy in a given draft? That's relevant for the team with the number one pick, but not the other 29 teams. It would be more interesting to compare, say, all the lottery picks year-to-year...

Jrue for McCollum and then Lonzo and 13 for De?Aaron Fox

Fox
    McCollum
    Ingram
    Zion
    Hayes

So, why are the Kings trading Fox?
    For fun to make my trade work obviously

Let’s say hypothetically we do trade Jrue for 6, so we have 6 and 13, do we combine them to move into the top 3, or trade them both for a young vet. We can’t use both, just not enough room.

Let?s say hypothetically we do trade Jrue for 6, so we have 6 and 13, do we combine them to move into the top 3, or trade them both for a young vet. We can?t use both, just not enough room.
    They can absolutely draft 2 players in this years draft, especially since they?re leaving Didi in Australia for another year.

Let’s say hypothetically we do trade Jrue for 6, so we have 6 and 13, do we combine them to move into the top 3, or trade them both for a young vet. We can’t use both, just not enough room.
    We arent drafting guys for this year. In that situation, at least one would spend most (if not all) of the year in G League. And if there is no G League, rosters will be expanded and there will be plenty of room
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    We arent drafting guys for this year. In that situation, at least one would spend most (if not all) of the year in G League. And if there is no G League, rosters will be expanded and there will be plenty of room
    Yeah I mean they can but I really want some of our younger guys to get time to develop, NAW and Hayes in particular but I guess there are plenty of minutes to go around but I just keep thinking it’s gonna be so many young players needing time. Lonzo, Ingram, Zion, naw, didi, Hayes and now plus 2 more rookies, not to mention I think Josh Hart has starting SG potential, good 3 ball, defense and rebounding. I think we have a bunch of nice young pieces and I’d really like to focus on trying to land one stud.

Let’s say we have pick 6 and 13, is there anything we could do for the Wolves to give us the number 1 pick for Anthony Edwards? 6, 13 and a future pick maybe?

Thread Information