Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Jrue Watch Thread

I can't believe I have to explain to Lakers fans how trading Jrue to them would only hurt our future first round picks we own

You don't even have to explain to lakers fans about a jrue trade since they don't even have the assets to get him...

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    You don't even have to explain to lakers fans about a jrue trade since they don't even have the assets to get him...
    Yeah this.
    Basketball.

Don't hold me to this, but if we trade Jrue I would want a player like Myles Turner. Defense oriented and can space the floor a bit. Since (reportedly) Oladipo wants out I think there could be a way to create a trade between the Nets, pels, and Indiana centered around moving Jrue(& probably picks), Myles, Levert and Oladipo. How that would happen? I have no idea but it's just a thought. And we would have a bit of a hole at SG unless we finesse something.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    Don't hold me to this, but if we trade Jrue I would want a player like Myles Turner. Defense oriented and can space the floor a bit. Since (reportedly) Oladipo wants out I think there could be a way to create a trade between the Nets, pels, and Indiana centered around moving Jrue(& probably picks), Myles, Levert and Oladipo. How that would happen? I have no idea but it's just a thought. And we would have a bit of a hole at SG unless we finesse something.
    Lots of people have been suggesting Turner for a long while, and while I do get why people like him on paper, I always wonder how much of the enthusiasm towards him is based on perception rather than evidence.

He's actually regressed a lot on defense over the last two seasons, and while of course he's still young, he's 23 now and making good (although not world-breaking) money. He's at a point in his career where he should be on the rise, so it's concerning that he's actually gotten worse in some ways. Then, on offense, he's stayed fairly stagnant. Hasn't really grown as a passer. The shooting still exists but it hasn't really improved, it's just kind of stayed there (though in fairness, the volume has gone up a bit). His passing is still pretty sub-par, he's still very turnover prone considering how little he handles the ball, etc. 5 years into a career, you'd really want to have seem some concrete improvement in some of these areas, and it's very annoying that it just hasn't happened.

That's a fair assessment. However I would love for him to be under Stan's command and to make him more defensively sound as well as seeing the floor a lot better to be a better passer and less turnover prone (I'm assuming under the CORRECT coaching). I just see it as, if we're going to trade Jrue, we need to add a defensive big that can stretch the floor and I see Myles as having the highest ceiling over over anything out there right now from "Contenders". As previously posted we don't need another ball handler with Zion, BI, & Lonzo. So unless we're doing something way under the radar like getting Bol Bol and Will Barton or trading with the Heat for similar players, I don't necessarily see what we're doing.

What would it honestly take for us to land Booker from Phoenix.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    BULLS receive: Jrue Holiday
    PELICANS receive: Satoransky, Felicio, Arcidiacono and the 4th pick.

PELS draft Okongwu and Nesmith at 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    PACERS get: Jrue
    PELS: Turner, McDermott and a 1st rounder

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    BULLS receive: Jrue Holiday
    PELICANS receive: Satoransky, Felicio, Arcidiacono and the 4th pick.

PELS draft Okongwu and Nesmith at 13.

Why do the Bulls do this, in terms of, why would they specifically want Jrue? They're a long way from contention.

Also, Felicio is $8m of pure filler trash salary, Satoransky is okay but he should be the filler piece not the best player you get back in a deal, and Arcidiacono is a fringe NBA player at best.

This is a good trade for the Bulls in that it off-loads a ton of really useless salary in return for a good player, but it's bad for their future because it doesn't make them into a playoff team while simultaneously costing them a decent draft pick (6 is a good spot in this draft: high enough value to get one of the better players, low enough not to inflate cost too much). Then it's awful for us, because we send out the best player and just get back a ton of dumped salary in return.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 11-10-2020 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    A lot.

There is no active trade request or anything, so you would have to absolutely overwhelm them. Jrue + multiple firsts would be the start.

Imagine a poster on another board, for another team, asking "What would it honestly take for us to land Zion from New Orleans?"

That should answer your question. Maybe in 2 years, but right now....coming off their play in the bubble, there is a zero percent chance
    @mcnamara247

Not realistic

Atlanta smoke

I got the same updater on my phone. I wonder what we're getting out of this. It says "multi-team" so its more than just the #6 overall.

This has been being discussed between teams for weeks
    . The issue is Jrues unwillingness to.commit to Atlanta long term. If that changes or if they just don't care, he will be a Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    . The issue is Jrues unwillingness to.commit to Atlanta long term. If that changes or if they just don't care, he will be a Hawk
    If he has already said that he is unwilling to commit to Atlanta (and that is what I am assuming from your statement), our only "hope" would be that Atlanta does not care and proceeds anyway. Would Grif still deal him if he does not want to be there long-term? Sounding like Hawks may be a bit of a longer shot.

Obviously they do care?

Atlanta Smoke Rebuttal

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Atlanta Smoke Rebuttal
    I wish someone would do a documentary on how these smokescreens play out

Hawks have internally discussed trading for Jrue and then trying to get him to love it and extend but if he doesn't they think they could move him and recoup 90 percent of what they gave up (if they only give up like 6 and Huerter)

The Franchise
    I assume he wants to go to a contender so hawks would be out even though they supposedly pushing to be better sooner rather than later. It means to me warriors, nets, and maybe Denver are the main teams to get Jrue. Now does Atlanta like Wiggins, Levert or Harris. I could see Levert and something else. He’s on a decent contract and is a definite upgrade to their team.

Hawks have internally discussed trading for Jrue and then trying to get him to love it and extend but if he doesn't they think they could move him and recoup 90 percent of what they gave up (if they only give up like 6 and Huerter)
    Meaning they'll trade him or just before the deadline being an expiring contract?

How could they get 90% of 6 and Huerter then? Have the same problems of the uncertainty around his extension plans. Even more so
    Last edited by AusPel; 11-11-2020 at 12:03 PM.

If you don't think 6 in that draft is that great...then a package of Harris (who is a better player than Huerter if you are trying to win and remove contracts), Morris and a few firsts is 90 percent or more to the Hawks.

Or Levert is unhappy in Brooklyn with Kylie hogging, you can flip Jrue there.

Hawks don't live the idea of adding another 19 yr old. They don't value 6 a ton. Would make sense to gamble on Jrue if you get him cheap and then try to convince him. If you can't, flip him for something that will still help you win more than some 19 yr old would

Ehhh.. Is Levert even on the table? I know the Nets need to clear cap space, but nothing has materialized.

Thread Information