Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Jrue Watch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    If the Celtics would take Jrue for Brown and the 14th pick I would make that trade without a second of hesitation
    If the Celtics were going to make a trade, Ainge would try to get all he can with one fell swoop. I think a trade where everybody gets what they want will go a little something like this...

https://tradenba.com/trades/riN_VAiRD

Still we're going to have a gaping hole stretching the floor.

EDIT: Still don't see C's trading Brown. Smart, Hayward, and Walker will probably be our only choices besides the picks.
    Last edited by hornetzplaya; 11-12-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetzplaya View Post
    If the Celtics were going to make a trade, Ainge would try to get all he can with one fell swoop. I think a trade where everybody gets what they want will go a little something like this...

https://tradenba.com/trades/riN_VAiRD

Still we're going to have a gaping hole stretching the floor.

EDIT: Still don't see C's trading Brown. Smart, Hayward, and Walker will probably be our only choices besides the picks.
    Wouldn?t say gaping hole because Brown shoots a nice 3 ball and his defense is top notch, he?d be a perfect fit at the 2. Low usage good shot runs the floor and great D. Unless you are saying we need a center who can shoot the 3. Also let?s not forget if you are talking about floor spacing we would have the 13th and 14th pick, possibly Nesmith and a big that can shoot

Btw am I the only one who likes Vernon Carry? He?s a big that can bang down low, rebound, and has a really nice 3 ball.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Wouldn?t say gaping hole because Brown shoots a nice 3 ball and his defense is top notch, he?d be a perfect fit at the 2. Low usage good shot runs the floor and great D. Unless you are saying we need a center who can shoot the 3. Also let?s not forget if you are talking about floor spacing we would have the 13th and 14th pick, possibly Nesmith and a big that can shoot

Btw am I the only one who likes Vernon Carry? He?s a big that can bang down low, rebound, and has a really nice 3 ball.
    Carey is a decent 2nd round big. Wouldn't take him first round, definitely wouldn't take him top 20.

Brown's defense is solid on ball, very average off-ball. Huge lapses in concentration and focus, fairly poor awareness, mediocre feel. Benefits massively from the team around him and the scheme to mitigate his weaknesses: on a team like ours, which already has big defensive issues before adding Brown, he would look quite a lot worse.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Carey is a decent 2nd round big. Wouldn't take him first round, definitely wouldn't take him top 20.

Brown's defense is solid on ball, very average off-ball. Huge lapses in concentration and focus, fairly poor awareness, mediocre feel. Benefits massively from the team around him and the scheme to mitigate his weaknesses: on a team like ours, which already has big defensive issues before adding Brown, he would look quite a lot worse.
    Very average off-ball is being nice. He is a bad off-ball defender.

Quote Originally Posted by bogiesfedora View Post
    Very average off-ball is being nice. He is a bad off-ball defender.
    Yeah I feel like a lot of people, when evaluating players either for trade or for drafting, kind of just go on what they see as the result rather than the process, and that obscures what players actually do well and what they do poorly.

It's an easy mistake to make. It kind of reminds me of ''differentiating by outcome'', if anyone on the board is a teacher.

Instead of driving my mind of endless possibilities... I'm just going to wait until draft day and see what happens. Griff and Langdon aren't short-sided fools so there's no way we're getting railroaded. They have a long term plan in play so I wouldn't be surprised if we got building blocks like Turner or Wiggins & #2. But overall I'm leaving my faith in them to make the right decisions and have faith in the plan.

BTW we're selling Jrue's value to the T with all these "Rumors" lol. Nice smokescreens

Thread Information