Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumor : Jrue,Lonzo, Jaxson Hayes to Clippers for Paul George

Trade Rumor : Jrue,Lonzo, Jaxson Hayes to Clippers for Paul George

I saw this rumor floating online. Would you take that offer ? It seems intriguing to me. Paul George,Zion, and Ingram Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52C5DD92-071C-42E1-BF23-3B791DA65933.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	6542

"An inside source from the Clippers thinks the Pels have the best assets to trade for PG"

Holy ********, the hubris in that organistation

If PG hadn't have shat the bed in the playoffs, Jrue for PG might be worth thinking about. He would slot in perfectly next to Ingram. And Zion. And everyone

I mean, Pandemic/Playoff P is a real thing right? Don't want to be the recency bias guy

And by the way, the rumour didn't say all three guys for PG which you've interpreted it as somehow
    Last edited by AusPel; 10-27-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    "An inside source from the Clippers thinks the Pels have the best assets to trade for PG"

Holy ********, the hubris in that organistation

If PG hadn't have shat the bed in the playoffs, Jrue for PG might be worth thinking about. He would slot in perfectly next to Ingram. And Zion. And everyone

I mean, Pandemic/Playoff P is a real thing right? Don't want to be the recency bias guy

And by the way, the rumour didn't say all three guys for PG which you've interpreted it as somehow
    I wouldn’t mind PG for those guys. We have too many undersized guards on our team and when we face the Kawhi and lebrons of the nba. We end up with jrue in foul trouble and josh hart on kawhi and Lebron. We can put players /Shooters around PG, Zion and Ingram.

Make it stop

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    I wouldn’t mind PG for those guys. We have too many undersized guards on our team and when we face the Kawhi and lebrons of the nba. We end up with jrue in foul trouble and josh hart on kawhi and Lebron. We can put players /Shooters around PG, Zion and Ingram.
    That's way too much for an expiring Paul George who's an unrestricted free agent

I'll entertain Jrue and Darius Miller for arguments sake and to make salaries match (holy hell it gets confusing)

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Make it stop
    Agreed.

Someone please set fire to this heinous thread

Please close this thread. We already struggle finding the pecking order on this team, the last thing we need is diva with special treatment.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

We don't need him stunting Ingram's growth. Our slim boi is just starting to flower.

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    We don't need him stunting Ingram's growth. Our slim boi is just starting to flower.
    PG can play off ball just as well as on and would take all the pressure off Ingram defensively

I see him complimenting Ingram

PG would be one of the few I would consider trading Jrue for. While also having to throw in Hayes and Ball? Yea no thanks! Jrue is so valuable because he is that good! Just like he fits great next to all of these other guys he fits just as good if not better next to Zion and Ingram. We have a combo guard who is a top 5 defender at both positions with the ability to average 20 a night. Shake how quickly people forget playoff Jrue over some fluke and season that doesn’t even count to me.

To be fair, he had mental issues that he was going through in the bubble. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt because of that.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    To be fair, he had mental issues that he was going through in the bubble. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt because of that.
    To be fair, he's consistently disappointed in the playoffs before going back years, even outside of the bubble, on numerous different teams and contexts.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If he were paid like and accepted being the 3rd banana, I’d go for it. Which means I’m not cool with trading Lonzo AND Jrue for him.

Next.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    To be fair, he's consistently disappointed in the playoffs before going back years, even outside of the bubble, on numerous different teams and contexts.
    YEP! Dejavu thread LOL. Interesting if the Clips/Kawahi/Ty Lue have already realized 'Playoff P' is going to sink all their hopes and dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    If he were paid like and accepted being the 3rd banana, I’d go for it. Which means I’m not cool with trading Lonzo AND Jrue for him.

Next.
    There is no way PG13 wouldn't still think he is The Man on a team with our young pups. Keep him awaaaaaaay.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    There is no way PG13 wouldn't still think he is The Man on a team with our young pups. Keep him awaaaaaaay.
    This is true. It's worth noting PG13 is 30 years old. That's not old by any means, but it's not like he's some 24 year old who is going to grow with the current core.

That in itself isn't a problem, I don't really believe in strict timelines and if he was the perfect fit in terms of temperament and contract situation, then I'd go for it anyway. But he's not, really, especially given that his contract is up after this year (there's a player option but he may not opt in) and this is a guy who has continually expressed desire to be in California. There's no reason to suspect he'd suddenly change his mind and commit to the long-haul with New Orleans when he can just skip town again in less than 12 months if he wants.

Obviously a fan made rumor

Don’t move Jrue or make any big moves! Outside of the draft and maybe bringing in a stud backup somewhere I say roll with what we got. This team with another year together under a coach that can create a dominant defense is going to be very good. We have plenty of guys who can score and so many players who are only going to be better and some a lot better. Jrue/JJ/Favors are the only ones you can expect the same from while improvement everywhere else. Hit on 1 impact draft pick and we could be this years Heat/Nuggets/Raptors..

I am fine not moving Jrue but you gotta sign him to an extension if you don't move him.

On November 17th, gather best and final trade offers along with the extension you have negotiated with Jrues agent and choose to extend or trade. Don't go into training camp without having done one or the other
    @mcnamara247

TrendingNBA is fan made rumors. Don't buy into it

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I am fine not moving Jrue but you gotta sign him to an extension if you don't move him.

On November 17th, gather best and final trade offers along with the extension you have negotiated with Jrues agent and choose to extend or trade. Don't go into training camp without having done one or the other
    I am 100% percent behind this. I probably lean toward the do-not-trade camp, but if they aren't going to trade him, they need to get him signed to an extension. The Pelicans can't go into the preseason with the uncertainty of a potential trade hanging out there. Currently, I would only take a deal for Jrue that would be a no-brainer kind of deal where people question the sanity of the team trading for him. In other words, it would take an overpay. With Jrue's leadership, locker room presence and defensive ability, I think he means more to the Pelicans than what almost any team would be willing to part with. I understand the financial dynamics at play and the need to get more from him in several areas on the court, so I would listen to the offers. But with a young team like the Pels, a high character guy like Jrue can provide more to the team than what we see in the box score.

Agreed on the extension front. If he's not being moved, lock him up and remove the spectre of an expiring deal from the season.

Jrue is a good player with a play-style that looks like it will age well, who fills a role that we kind of need right now, who seems to actually like being on this team, and who has invested in the community. That's a high character, high tier veteran. This team needs them.

If you trade that, you do it for something that either immediately improves the team, or you do it for a super high value thing that sets you up for the future. You don't move it on a whim. If nothing comes up worth his value, extend him and keep him on.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Also agree with the extension idea. I'm strongly in the trade Jrue camp, but would be extremely upset if he walked for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Also agree with the extension idea. I'm strongly in the trade Jrue camp, but would be extremely upset if he walked for nothing.
    I dont think walking for nothing is very likely. Griff will have a sense at trade deadline and at least get something. But it might be 60% of what he could get now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Zion View Post
    I am 100% percent behind this. I probably lean toward the do-not-trade camp, but if they aren't going to trade him, they need to get him signed to an extension. The Pelicans can't go into the preseason with the uncertainty of a potential trade hanging out there. Currently, I would only take a deal for Jrue that would be a no-brainer kind of deal where people question the sanity of the team trading for him. In other words, it would take an overpay. With Jrue's leadership, locker room presence and defensive ability, I think he means more to the Pelicans than what almost any team would be willing to part with. I understand the financial dynamics at play and the need to get more from him in several areas on the court, so I would listen to the offers. But with a young team like the Pels, a high character guy like Jrue can provide more to the team than what we see in the box score.
    I complete 100% agree! Jrue is in such demand for a reason. Because his overall skill set and ability puts him as a key final piece to many championship teams. IMO our PG/SG/SF versatile 2 way player in Jrue Holiday is our SF/PF/SG version of Jimmy Butler so why move that? We have the ability to take this team a long ways and that’s with Jrue on it not off it. Not saying we make the Finals but I guarantee this team has the potential and are a playoff team easy who can do real damage. Again Jrue is our Jimmy and we are going a long way! We might be more then that 1 piece away but imo letting our guys grow together we are right there.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 10-29-2020 at 06:41 PM.

PG is not a good fit with BI at all too ball dominant. I dont think PG would be thrilled to play here either getting traded from his hometown and all. We would also be trading a future starting 7footer...we all know Favors wont last long. We could do better.

Thread Information