Pelicans Report

Thread: Pels/Nets Trade???

Rumor Pels/Nets Trade???

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...de-At-Deadline

I'm guessing these two teams may revisit trade discussions during this offseason...any ideas on who might be involved???

I hope somehow Levert is involved

Every time a trade comes around where the primary, key, most important, significant asset we get back is LeVert, I want someone to explain to me why they think he's a good return without mentioning points per game. So far, the explanation has yet to come.
    Basketball.

The best argument would be that the playmaking we saw in the bubble is here to stay. Not just the assists, but the overall playmaker. He ran a lot of pick and roll, attacked and dished, etc.

If he continues growing in that direction and saves his iso game for late in shot clock, playoff situations, etc then he could fit with the core. If he can't, then he becomes an overpaid 6th man in my opinion.

But the guy in the bubble would fit well offensively. We'd likely be bottom 10 defensively and also you gotta worry about his injury history. I'd rather flip him to a 3rd team if he is the main piece back personally
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The best argument would be that the playmaking we saw in the bubble is here to stay. Not just the assists, but the overall playmaker. He ran a lot of pick and roll, attacked and dished, etc.

If he continues growing in that direction and saves his iso game for late in shot clock, playoff situations, etc then he could fit with the core. If he can't, then he becomes an overpaid 6th man in my opinion.

But the guy in the bubble would fit well offensively. We'd likely be bottom 10 defensively and also you gotta worry about his injury history. I'd rather flip him to a 3rd team if he is the main piece back personally
    He did show some improved playmaking in the bubble, but I'm trying not to put too much weight on the bubble. Shotmaking, for example, was up all around: AD shot 55.2% from long midrange in the playoffs, and unless we think that AD is suddenly the single greatest midrange shooter of all time as well, I'm applying the same kind of scepticism to over random improvements in specific skills.

Overall, LeVert's decision making for his career has been fairly mediocre even if we're being generous, and outright poor a good portion of the time. Add to that a sub-par defender, his overall inefficiency from almost everywhere, and an injury history as serious and storied as his, and there's just way too much there for me to take him seriously as the high-value return that so many other people seem to take for granted.

Edit: Just to clarify, MM, I'm not saying you are ignoring stuff like the injury history, you even mention it in that post, but I'm just saying those are general concerns that are overlooked by many.

I dont really like the Nets as a Jrue trade partner but I do know Levert has good value in the league. For example, Atlanta has discussed Collins for Levert internally. Teams like him

I would rather get low usage role players and far out picks for Jrue, personally. #

Then let other teams have him: as you said, if we ended up dealing with the Nets and LeVert was the whole thing, then I'd much rather there be a third team involved for him to go to that we could extract value from.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I don?t like any players the NETS could offer. We need role players and another pg in case we don?t keep Lonzo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont really like the Nets as a Jrue trade partner but I do know Levert has good value in the league. For example, Atlanta has discussed Collins for Levert internally. Teams like him

I would rather get low usage role players and far out picks for Jrue, personally. #
    Joe Harris + some more salary and some unprotected picks 2023 and later?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Harris is a FA.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Harris is a FA.
    True. Was thinking some sort of sign and trade. Nets have his full Bird Rights

I think Collins could be a fit with the Pels. If by chance the Nets prefer Jrue, as a more established vet, to Collins perhaps a 3-team trade might be possible?

Curious to see how the Gundy hire affects Jrue’s situation. I’m almost positive he would be gone if we weren’t bringing in an established head coach. Now I’m not so sure he leaves

Thats not how Griff operates. He is gonna trade him if he gets overpaid for him. He won't if the offers aren't overpays. That simple. Coaching decision wouldn't change that

Thats not how Griff operates. He is gonna trade him if he gets overpaid for him. He won't if the offers aren't overpays. That simple. Coaching decision wouldn't change that
    Great minds. Posted this earlier today on TigerDroppings (in reference to Jrue and JJ)

If it's lopsided in our favour, yes.

Otherwise, I doubt we'll be shopping either

They actually want to resign Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    They actually want to resign Harris.
    I know. Who are they going to give us then? Dzanan Musa?

https://hoopshabit.com/2020/10/24/br...holiday/amp/4/

3 team trade idea involving us, the Pacers, and the Nets. We give up Jrue, JJ, and a first amd receive Levert and Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Dago75 View Post

3 team trade idea involving us, the Pacers, and the Nets. We give up Jrue, JJ, and a first amd receive Levert and Turner
    A pels fan proposed that. Had to be.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    A pels fan proposed that. Had to be.
    I love the Pels but won't pretend to know enough about the NBA to say if this is even feasible, much less a good deal

I know. Who are they going to give us then? Dzanan Musa?
    They are a luxury tax team. So, they are probably gonna gut out their depth, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago75 View Post

The rare 3 team trade that none of the teams would do

Indy wants to get younger, not older. Brooklyn loves Harris and wont include him, especially if they are giving up Dinwiddie and LeVert too. And Griff would have zero interest in this trade too.

Bravo for this terrible proposal

Thread Information