Pelicans Report

Thread: Can we go after Serge Ibaka and/or Jerami Grant?

Can we go after Serge Ibaka and/or Jerami Grant?

We need size on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    You don’t think Zion is big? McNamara help this poster out.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    Neither is gettable unless you trade Jrue and/or JJ in an uneven trade. Ibaka likely gets 1 for 20-25ish from the Raps and Grant gets well above the MLE from Nugs as well
    @mcnamara247

What type of deal will Baynes get?

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    What type of deal will Baynes get?
    My guess is that Baynes has a few options

A little less than MLE from bad/average teams

Taxpayer mid level from a few good teams

It will come down to the years. I think Pels could get him for 3/23 range or 2/17 maybe. But maybe he would prefer less money from someone like Golden State. Depends on his priorities

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Baynes would be a really nice addition.

Its just hard to come up with an offseason where you use the MLE on him and fill out the other areas of the roster well enough to truly be able to compete. You'd almost have to trade the 13th picks with Miller for another vet perimeter player (either a big wing or a backup PG) to have a chance at the playoffs.

Well it is the superdraft in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Well it is the superdraft in 2021.
    In what sense? Few really good guys at the top, but history says a max of 2 or 3 up there will really hit it big. Rest of the draft pretty normal otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    In what sense? Few really good guys at the top, but history says a max of 2 or 3 up there will really hit it big. Rest of the draft pretty normal otherwise
    In so far as High Schoolers being eligible, making the talent pool that much deeper

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    In so far as High Schoolers being eligible, making the talent pool that much deeper
    This isnt true. At all. And likely wont be until 2023 or later, if ever.

I am so curious how disinformation like this spreads and sticks. It was talked about a while ago and then shot down. But it sticks. So curious how people get the info about the first thing but not info about it not happening, as it would likely be the same sources reporting both

This isnt true. At all. And likely wont be until 2023 or later, if ever.

I am so curious how disinformation like this spreads and sticks. It was talked about a while ago and then shot down. But it sticks. So curious how people get the info about the first thing but not info about it not happening, as it would likely be the same sources reporting both
    I did a search and cherry picked this article from late April

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/tex...l-15210330.php

Didn't get any results to the tune of "High schoolers not eligible for 2021 draft after all."

Then again, I should have twigged something was up when I had to work harder than I should have to find a link for something this momentous

In my defense, it is 3:30am and I haven't slept yet
    Last edited by AusPel; 10-20-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Yeah -- not picking on you at all. I just have had multiple people say this to me and I have had to correct them and I am so curious as to why this hasnt made the rounds

But rest assured, HS kids in the 2021 draft aint happening

Yeah -- not picking on you at all. I just have had multiple people say this to me and I have had to correct them and I am so curious as to why this hasnt made the rounds

But rest assured, HS kids in the 2021 draft aint happening
    Don't recall there being any discussion on RealGM nor NBA Reddit, which are my first port of calls for news

I say Draft Jalen Smith. Could give us alot of what Ibaka brings but for alot less monies.

Thread Information