Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will Latoya(or whatever her name is) allow Pelicans games in NOLA ?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'm not going to throw a cape on for the new orleans current mayor. But it seems your whole rant in here has less to do with fans in the dome, and more to do with your personal dislike of Latoya.

Am i right?
    My bad . It’s okay for us to have no fans while everyone else does. Yea that will sit well with Benson inc.

I'm not going to throw a cape on for the new orleans current mayor. But it seems your whole rant in here has less to do with fans in the dome, and more to do with your personal dislike of Latoya.

Am i right?
    Let’s hear from Benson Inc.

Last edited by 13 - 3; 10-15-2020 at 03:08 PM.

Do you know how many people that work at Dome and Arena will lose jobs if we can’t have fans at games. While I’m at it has been hinted on ESPN the NBA season will start on MLK day 2021.

Am i right?
    Not to speak for anyone, but my rant is against her ego getting in the way of fans attending games. The public health officials have given the thumbs up to attend sporting events, she just wants that federal cash. There is nothing altruistic going on here.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's hard for me to trust one way or another when it comes to this situation. Are public health officials above the take? We know Gayle isn't above helping the greasy (at best) catholic church from getting out of a jam. So how could I possibly not put it past anyone connected with the NFL have the go ahead to open stadiums greenlit.

But if it's fine, then yeah. We're allowing other teams an advantage we aren't utilizing. Home field advantage is real. The stream of revenue is real. But so is COVID.

And even now we are learning more of the long term side effects and that the transmission vectors may render social distancing moot. Add to that the real possibility that a 2nd wave could be worse...and at the height of regular ol' flu season?

If Cantrell were anyone else, I'd say this level of caution were warranted, but...

New Orleans's number is trending down...that can change quickly and then what? We just go "Oops. Let's wait a few weeks then try again?"

And I'm getting pretty drove from how so many feel we should just pretend COVID isn't a thing and let it burn through the population until herd immunity is a thing...you know after millions of people die to join the 200k who are already dead. Ho-hum. But that economy, yo! I wanna watch my sport ball, ya heard! *cough* What? Mask? Kill that noise, feel me!

Posts like these belong somewhere else. This should be set aside specifically for Pelicans basketball related news. A majority of the comments on here are highly opinionated. There is a lack any reasoning behind your thoughts. Most of you are acting like children that want to do something no matter the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It's hard for me to trust one way or another when it comes to this situation. Are public health officials above the take? We know Gayle isn't above helping the greasy (at best) catholic church from getting out of a jam. So how could I possibly not put it past anyone connected with the NFL have the go ahead to open stadiums greenlit.

But if it's fine, then yeah. We're allowing other teams an advantage we aren't utilizing. Home field advantage is real. The stream of revenue is real. But so is COVID.

And even now we are learning more of the long term side effects and that the transmission vectors may render social distancing moot. Add to that the real possibility that a 2nd wave could be worse...and at the height of regular ol' flu season?

If Cantrell were anyone else, I'd say this level of caution were warranted, but...

New Orleans's number is trending down...that can change quickly and then what? We just go "Oops. Let's wait a few weeks then try again?"

And I'm getting pretty drove from how so many feel we should just pretend COVID isn't a thing and let it burn through the population until herd immunity is a thing...you know after millions of people die to join the 200k who are already dead. Ho-hum. But that economy, yo! I wanna watch my sport ball, ya heard! *cough* What? Mask? Kill that noise, feel me!
    Thank you

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Agreed. This thread is terrible.

I have a question. If the buildings are run the state isn't it the governor's call and not the mayor's call? Seems like the governor could have but the fire our a long time ago. Will be interesting to see if the NBA goes to bubble again or goes back to arenas. If they go back to arenas how many get allowed in if any at all?
    Last edited by Lonzo4MVP; 10-16-2020 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I talked to a guy who works high up for another team and he said everything is on the table. You wouldnt believe the things they have explored and that have been thrown out there.

But what cant happen is zero gate revenue next year. Owners simply wont allow a season to happen with zero revenue. They already ate a bunch of money in the bubble, but did it for the good of the game. A whole season with no gate revenue could result in 100+ mil in losses for some teams. Even after they share tv revenue, merchandise, etc.

They need to find a way to get at least a few thousand in the seats for at least half the season.
    Coming from him not me. As for start of the season
    https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/10/13...r-king-jr-day/

Thread Information