Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Latoya(or whatever her name is) allow Pelicans games in NOLA ?

Pelicans Will Latoya(or whatever her name is) allow Pelicans games in NOLA ?

Will Latoya the destroya allow games with fans this upcoming season or are we going back OKC?

No fans at NBA games either? Mike you heard anything?

She is such a mess. Can anyone name one positive thing that she has done for this city?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    You guys act like the season starts tomorrow. FFS, relax. Who in their right mind would want to attend a game, anyway???

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Will Latoya the destroya allow games with fans this upcoming season or are we going back OKC?
    The better question is, would you personally attend a game with 10K people there and covid still raging?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    She is such a mess. Can anyone name one positive thing that she has done for this city?
    She cooked some gumbo

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The better question is, would you personally attend a game with 10K people there and covid still raging?
    Social distance and wear that mask. If that does any good. Just accept that it is here to stay.

Social distance and wear that mask. If that does any good. Just accept that it is here to stay.
    Not what I asked you buddy. Would you go...yes or no.

And my answer is hell naw. Gonna need that vaccine and some herd immunity going.

She cooked some gumbo

A real New Orleanian knows you better put a lid on that ******** or when you hit your first pot hole pulling out of your driveway that ********s going to be on the ceiling of your car.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 10-14-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Not what I asked you buddy. Would you go...yes or no.

And my answer is hell naw. Gonna need that vaccine and some herd immunity going.
    Yes I would still go. Can’t live in fear whole life. Flu kills people too vaccinated or not vaccinated.

With the flu I'm not worried about heart and lung problems for the rest of my life if I recover.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    With the flu I'm not worried about heart and lung problems for the rest of my life if I recover.
    Well they are looking at new places for the Saints. Baton Rouge very happy to host them with fans. Guess we will have to drive somewhere else to watch Pelicans if mayor won’t change her stance. Who knows OKC could bend over backwards for another team. Think they care about masks and social distancing?

They can play in front of a crowd on Mars for all I care. I'll be watching from home.

They can play in front of a crowd on Mars for all I care. I'll be watching from home.
    I talked to a guy who works high up for another team and he said everything is on the table. You wouldnt believe the things they have explored and that have been thrown out there.

But what cant happen is zero gate revenue next year. Owners simply wont allow a season to happen with zero revenue. They already ate a bunch of money in the bubble, but did it for the good of the game. A whole season with no gate revenue could result in 100+ mil in losses for some teams. Even after they share tv revenue, merchandise, etc.

They need to find a way to get at least a few thousand in the seats for at least half the season.
    @mcnamara247

“If it doesn’t make dollars then it don’t make sense” is what I was told by an old CPA buddy of mine.

If teams aren’t able to make money at the gate next year then your best shot at catching a basketball came will be down at your local YMCA/Rec Center. The NBA is more about money than it is the actual game of basketball (see New York Knicks for a prime example).

Well everything is about profit and not necessarily doing things most efficiently or effectively society wise. Even in today's heightened ESG atmosphere.

That said, it defeats the purpose if holding games at arenas results in players, team personnel, and fans spiking covid cases. Then they'll need to shut down again anyway.

God forbid if some player gets it and dies from some related illness. Not worth it.

Seems like the Superdome folks will keep both venues(Arena&Dome)as safe as possible

How do you know the flu doesn't come with life long complications?

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I’ll tell you when my life is over.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    It's certainly possible but so far these appear to be much more frequent/severe in covid. It seems pretty ridiculous at this point people are minimizing COVID.

Well she just kicked out the Saints. Are we next?

https://www.nola.com/sports/saints/a...da9d3055e.html

We all know she is just going to move back to California when she loses re-election, just like Ray Nagin moved to Dallas once his term was over. Did Mitch make his way to DC or somewhere else yet?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    We all know she is just going to move back to California when she loses re-election, just like Ray Nagin moved to Dallas once his term was over. Did Mitch make his way to DC or somewhere else yet?
    She may win re-election if New Orleans is stupid enough

It’s going to take a whole lot of stupid to get that done.

I'm not going to throw a cape on for the new orleans current mayor. But it seems your whole rant in here has less to do with fans in the dome, and more to do with your personal dislike of Latoya.

Am i right?

Thread Information