Pelicans Report

Thread: Ty Lue will interview for Pels HC Job

Pelicans Ty Lue will interview for Pels HC Job

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...753826306?s=20

Clippers assistant Ty Lue is meeting with the New Orleans Pelicans today regarding their head coaching job, sources tell
    @TheAthleticNBA

@Stadium
    Last edited by ozwego15; 10-02-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Why am I not surprised?

All-Star
    This could be a lazy hire

He does have a relationship with David Griffin so this doesn't necessarily surprise me

I thought he would have already interviewed. I think he'll take over as Clips HC tho.

He came down on price ? Even the Lakers would not pay and give years what he was asking.

As always, mixed views on Lue. Odds that he's just using the Pels for publicity and leverage are definitely high.

Pros: Was actually a good coach in a lot of ways, generally made good adjustments in playoff runs, outcoached a lot of other HCs in several series. Obviously has championship experience, and was apparently good at managing high stakes personalities like Lebron and Kyrie.

Cons: Some scepticism about his HC record due to the Lebron-effect, unwillingness to play youth on rebuilding team in Cleveland isn't perfect for our team which is basically in a soft-reboot, could be seen as an indication of just ''playing the hits'' from Griff.
    Basketball.

Houston also interviewing Lue

Trash organization will always be trash. Griff really turning us to Cleveland 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    This could be a lazy hire
    Coach O was a lazy hire for LSU. I'm more not a fan of hiring buddies than calling it lazy.

Coach O is da man...say what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Coach O was a lazy hire for LSU. I'm more not a fan of hiring buddies than calling it lazy.
    Coach O probably thinks the same about you. Speaking of lazy hires just look next door at what the Saints hire. Start with the defense coordinator and the GM give Peat a fat contract for being a wuss.

And what is the deal with half the team not playing this Sunday? Looks like we got a bunch of Anthony Davis ‘s/ Eric Gordon’s on our football team now.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 10-02-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Coach O probably thinks the same about you. Speaking of lazy hires just look next door at what the Saints hire. Start with the defense coordinator and the GM give Peat a fat contract for being a wuss.

And what is the deal with half the team not playing this Sunday? Looks like we got a bunch of Anthony Davis ‘s/ Eric Gordon’s on our football team now.
    Yeah, because players do not get injured.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Yeah, because players do not get injured.
    1-3 after Sunday.

Get well soon Andrus Peat!

If we hire Tye Lue I’m all for it. The guy has previous history with Griffin to where he has been vetted plenty. I trust Griffin and Langdon over anyone on Pels report that has no idea about his coaching. He has won an NBA championship under arguably more pressure then any coach ever against arguably the best team in NBA history ever created. IMO he deserves a lot more credit then he gets. No he wasn’t on the very top of my list but definitely up there. He has had time to learn from his mistakes and even under Doc a little more this year. I think Lue could be a perfect fit bringing an instant pedigree that players will respect.

It is well documented that Lue is a good manager of talent, but no evidence that he can develop it. The nucleus of this team is 23 years old or younger. Houston and LAC are much better fits for his skillset.

Thread Information