Pelicans Report

Thread: Finch on the Outs?

Finch on the Outs?

Just letting everyone see the news. Probably doesn't deserve it's own thread but there ya go. Finch getting interviewed for the Pacers job.
    Basketball.

I would be surprised if Finch is here next year regardless of how that job or any others plays out. After all the head coaches pick their chairs, prepare to see a ton of movement with the assistants.
    @mcnamara247

With Rivers, Donovan and Nash out of the picture, who is left out there worth bringing in?

New to the party here.

Quote Originally Posted by PelDave View Post
    With Rivers, Donovan and Nash out of the picture, who is left out there worth bringing in?

New to the party here.
    I'm hoping either of the guys who coached the Nets last year.

Quote Originally Posted by PelDave View Post

New to the party here.
    Well, since you listed Nash as someone who was 'in the picture' and supposedly worth bringing in, despite having never been a HC before, then you have basically anyone left out there. Tons of interesting HC prospects with no HC experience: Becky Hammon, Darvin Ham, Ime Udoka, etc etc.

As for ex-HCs who are still on the market, technically there's still D'Antoni (not my fav pick), as well as Tyron Lue and Nate MacMillan.

Get rid of anything associated with Gentry

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Get rid of anything associated with Gentry
    Finch fixed Balls jumper. The only problem is that he can't fix inbetween the ears but Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Finch fixed Balls jumper. The only problem is that he can't fix inbetween the ears but Ball
    Pretty sure it was the shooting coach, Fred Vinson, that fixed Ball's jumper, not the offensive co-ordinator.

At least, that's what Ball and Ingram have said whenever it's come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Pretty sure it was the shooting coach, Fred Vinson, that fixed Ball's jumper, not the offensive co-ordinator.

At least, that's what Ball and Ingram have said whenever it's come up.
    Got the names mixed up

Even when everyone was ragging Gentry, I said Chris Finch deserves some blame for the ragedness on that side of the court.

Gentry doesn't strike me as the "my way or the highway" type.

So Finch can go.

Thread Information