Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Didi not coming over for next season

Pelicans Didi not coming over for next season

Didi Louzada and the Sydney Kings have just announced that he is staying there for one more season, so he is definitely not coming over this year.

Last edited by bojan; 09-30-2020 at 02:09 AM. Reason: embedded tweet and typo

I wouldnt say definitely. We still have the option to bring him over this season. He just wouldnt start the season with us.

I dont think he is coming over, and if he does, he wont be in the rotation anyway. In fact, Langdon has said that he thinks whoever we take at 13 will likely spend the season in the G-League, not in our rotation. More and more evidence that this team will be trying to win games with vets this year. I wouldnt bank on a ton of young guys getting playing time
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    If you read the article we can bring him over at any time. If we want to bring him in tomorrow it's our choice:

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2020/9...ver-zion-lonzo

Good for Didi. Let him stay over there and continue to develop... I'd rather him get minutes over there than rot on our bench.

Stay in Australia Didi, they have Covid taken care of there, here we are still fighting to get past phase 2.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

too young now so make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I wouldnt say definitely. We still have the option to bring him over this season. He just wouldnt start the season with us.

I dont think he is coming over, and if he does, he wont be in the rotation anyway. In fact, Langdon has said that he thinks whoever we take at 13 will likely spend the season in the G-League, not in our rotation. More and more evidence that this team will be trying to win games with vets this year. I wouldnt bank on a ton of young guys getting playing time
    This is doubly true if we end up hiring Lue as coach. Part of the reason he ended up on the outs in Cleveland was that he had basically no interest in playing any of their young talent and wanted to try and go full-on riding the vets, while FO wanted to pivot to a full youth movement. Lue has no interest in playing youth or being the steward of developing talent
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Stay in Australia Didi, they have Covid taken care of there, here we are still fighting to get past phase 2.
    We are in phase 3.1 now

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    We are in phase 3.1 now
    Congrats hermano. That’s big news, but I wouldn’t get overly excited (because of the LaToya).

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    If you read the article we can bring him over at any time. If we want to bring him in tomorrow it's our choice:

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2020/9...ver-zion-lonzo
    True. i posted that before. That was even the case last year.

DiDi Update:

The Sydney Kings have played seven games; DiDi has played in three of them.

He is averaging 5.00/1.33/2.00 while shooting 23% from the field and FT's @ 40% Clip

In the games he has played in, he's averaged 20.15 minutes in playing time.

Like I said earlier, he will never play in the NBA.

https://www.sydneykings.com/player/3...9/didi-louzada

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Oh yeah. He does exist, doesn't he?

Another Griff special

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Warmer in Australia right now. They don’t have to worry about the power companies blowing up the power grids down there.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Another Griff special
    Yeah. Don’t. Are you seriously about to blame him if a 2nd rounder doesn’t work out? As if that is anything by typical?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yeah. Don’t. Are you seriously about to blame him if a 2nd rounder doesn’t work out? As if that is anything by typical?
    It's part of the whole Pick 4 catastrophe, so it is perfectly relevant

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    DiDi Update:

The Sydney Kings have played seven games; DiDi has played in three of them.

He is averaging 5.00/1.33/2.00 while shooting 23% from the field and FT's @ 40% Clip

In the games he has played in, he's averaged 20.15 minutes in playing time.

Like I said earlier, he will never play in the NBA.

https://www.sydneykings.com/player/3...9/didi-louzada
    Of course. The hot take king back at it again.

He's just coming back from ankle and back injuries. The ankle injury seemed serious. Why wouldn't you mention that hot take king? Just a question from a peasant.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketb...26-p56wz8.html

The Kings’ injury curse has seemingly returned for the 2021 season after star Didi Louzada was carried off with an ankle injury during his side’s 90-87 loss against the Brisbane Bullets on Tuesday afternoon.

A fully fit Didi would be tearing up the NBL, obviously. Just like he did last year

I mean, he probably won't ever play in the NBA. That's not unusual for a dude taken in the 30s. Not really sure why you'd specifically get annoyed at Griff at that, unless you also want to get angry at the Raptors for taking Dewan Hernandez in the second round of the same draft, knowing he's basically never gonna get a look at real NBA time either. Most 2nd rounders aren't going to ever play, sorry.

You're right, P'Daeddy.

L'Didi doesn't deserve any vitriol from anyone. Sometimes you get unfairly adjudged guilty by association through no fault of your own

Just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-17-2021 at 08:11 AM.

And most 2nd rounders don't get invested in very much either. Kinda like Tony Carr getting tossed around in the g-league/summer league for years and nothing more.

And the way this works...Didi coming over isn't contingent on him tearing up the NBL. Wil Magnay's NBL stats were worse than Didi's last year, yet they went out and signed him and he's on the G-league team now.

But I digress. I think it's time to keep Lonzo again. They won.

Somehow I managed to miss my hometown team the Wildcats play the Kings tonight, but it seems Didi had one of his bestest games in the NBL with 19 points, 3 assists and 5/9 threes
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-23-2021 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Somehow I managed to miss my hometown team the Wildcats play the Kings tonight, but it seems Didi had one of his bestest games in the NBL with 19 points, 3 assists and 5/9 threes
    The good thing for Didi is he always has an impact beyond the box score. He?s sound defensively with the potential to be great. He?s asked to do far more off the dribble for the Kings than he will here, which is part of the reason for his poor shooting.

5 threes with one off of movement and 3 off the dribble is super impressive. That's not something he'll be asked to do often early on with the Pels, but it's nice to know it is there. He's up to 30% now from 3 through 5 games. I'm not worried about the percentage given the sample size and the things mentioned above.

His high end offensive outcome is probably someone like Kevin Huerter. Low end might be Lu Dort (without his hot start).

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post

5 threes with one off of movement and 3 off the dribble is super impressive. That's not something he'll be asked to do often early on with the Pels, but it's nice to know it is there. He's up to 30% now from 3 through 5 games. I'm not worried about the percentage given the sample size and the things mentioned above.

His high end offensive outcome is probably someone like Kevin Huerter. Low end might be Lu Dort (without his hot start).
    I said it before, that flick-of-the-wrist shot of his is nice. Not worried about his shooting at all. I also saw he recently gave an interview in english and did pretty well.

Thread Information