Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does Redick Want a Trade?

The Franchise
    Does anyone get the feeling they’ll be major changes this off season? All the JJ, Jrue, and Lonzo talk seems like a lot of smoke. It almost feels like a subtle way for NO to put rumors out there and get value up on these players. I do think if Jrue leaves this all falls down and they go rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Thanks my guy! I think JJ is one of those rare guys who can play until he is 40. Kyle Korbut is 39 years old and still has an elite skill set that many teams want. Look what he just recently did for us in the bubble looking like our best player. I don't see him all the sudden slowing down to where he can?t get open. We also started him half the year which I don?t think he should ever be doing here. He is someone who can be very valuable that we can?t replace. Having him come off the bench for however many minutes while getting some nights off and mentoring the young guys is what I want to see us do with him. His game is constantly moving and knocking down the 3s which I don?t see going away anytime soon. Look how valuable Ray Allen was to the Heat and even Mike Miller who could barely walk but just stand in place. There is a reason other teams want him and for that same reason is why I think we should keep him. We don?t need anymore picks and I don?t see any contending teams offering up a player that is worth anything close to what he provides for us.
    Ray Allen went to the Heat because they were on the cusp of a championship. Same thing with Korver to Cavs and Bucks. Ring chasing.

We are not on the cusp of a championship. He will be moved for negative assets and picks to somewhere he wants to be

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Does anyone get the feeling they’ll be major changes this off season? All the JJ, Jrue, and Lonzo talk seems like a lot of smoke. It almost feels like a subtle way for NO to put rumors out there and get value up on these players. I do think if Jrue leaves this all falls down and they go rebuild.
    I mean, just thinking about it realistically the team next year will be different.

Gentry's gone already so there will be a new coach. Ingram, Okafor, Miller, Favors, Moore, Frank Jackson and Kenrich Williams are all free agents. Ingram is definitely getting that max, so he'll be back, but that's still 6 guys from the roster who could all easily just not be here anymore.

So we already know that next year we'll have turned over probably half the roster and got a new coach. That's major changes already. Add to that the possibility of trading Lonzo, Jrue, JJ, or any combination of those three (maybe we move Jrue and Lonzo, keep JJ, or move JJ and Lonzo and keep Jrue, for example) yeah it's pretty clear that the 2020-21 Pelicans will be a different team to the 2019-20 Pelicans.
    Basketball.

Thread Information