Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kellerman: Clippers should trade for Holiday

Kellerman: Clippers should trade for Holiday

He said it twice just now on FT. Obviously we are shopping Holiday if multiple sources are bringing him up in trade talks now. If the want to send us Paul George I’m in.

I would love to get Gilgeous Alexander, Gallo, or maybe some of their firsts...oh wait.

Pee Poor P does nothing for me.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I am hoping that the media attention that Holiday is getting as a player teams should trade for is an indication that he may be the hottest trade asset potentially available.

The only assets the Clippers have that would interest me (outside of their core) would be Shamet and Zubac, but they have no 1st rounders until something like 2027.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    He said it twice just now on FT. Obviously we are shopping Holiday if multiple sources are bringing him up in trade talks now. If the want to send us Paul George I’m in.
    I could maybe see it if they can get assets for Pat Bev

Like, if Knicks want to give up 8 so Thibs can have a spearhead of the D, and we get Shamit, 8, Zubac and Bobby Portis plus some future 2nds and swap options, it wouldn't be the worst trade in the world. Especially if you love someone at 8 who won't be there at 13. You'd be getting two starters for this year on good contracts, a good rotation forward in Portis, and possibly a core piece with that 8th pick that you wouldn't have to pay as much as the #2 pick if you made the trade with GS.

It's not as sexy as the GS or even Brooklyn options if LeVert is included, but it might actually provide more value for the Pels short term and long
    @mcnamara247

We better not offer Jrue and Lonzo for PG-13. Do not want that mental midget here. And Clippers probably realize they don't want him there either now.

Just another loud mouth trying to farm a small market team to add talent in L.A.

They usually never even consider what the small market team would/should get in return.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Just another loud mouth trying to farm a small market team to add talent in L.A.

They usually never even consider what the small market team would/should get in return.
    That's because to them, the small market should just be happy to be there. Glad to be invited.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post

Clippers have plenty to offer that we could use.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    We better not offer Jrue and Lonzo for PG-13. Do not want that mental midget here. And Clippers probably realize they don't want him there either now.
    Mental midget? Do you feel the same about Kevin Love?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We need all the hype to acquire Jrue in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    LoL people overreact so much it’s ridiculous. Let’s pretend Paul George is trash now because of a few bad games in the craziest NBA season ever where most players didn’t even have access to a hoop during Covid. Only 1 team can win and it’s funny how every time a team doesn’t make it all the way they should blow it up trading this and that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Clippers have plenty to offer that we could use.
    Plenty? Like what?

I hope the National Media keeps talking Jrue up...it only makes his trade value escalate. Keep Talking!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I am hoping that the media attention that Holiday is getting as a player teams should trade for is an indication that he may be the hottest trade asset potentially available.
    I don't think there's any doubt. Redick a close second
    Last edited by AusPel; 09-17-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Bidding war for Jrue? Yes please! I really think we trade him to BKN, and get Levert plus additional assets. Maybe a 3rd team gets involved and we better haul than what the nets can give us on their own ��

I just pray Lonzo can make that leap, become that all-star caliber player he has the potential to be. His defense is still very valuable to this team but dude has to learn how to finish at the rim.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    PG---Ball
    SG---Beal
    SF---Ingram
    PF---Williamson
    C----Hayes

This is what I thought about earlier in the year.

What if we can get Herro + stuff for Jrue?

Add Jrue to that Heat team without gutting it and instant champions

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    PG---Ball
    SG---Beal
    SF---Ingram
    PF---Williamson
    C----Hayes

This is what I thought about earlier in the year.
    This is what I have been talking about for 2 years. I would rather keep Jrue over Ball while moving Ball and picks for Beal. I’m a big believer in Lonzo but I think if we were to pull off a trade adding Beal to our backcourt replacing Ball we are immediate NBA Finals contenders. Jrue and Beal compliment each other so well and gives us arguably the best back court in the prime of their careers to go alongside the best young wing duo BI/Zion with one just legally able to drink. In 1 season people forget how important Jrue was to this team but at the time it was being credited to Rondo lmao! Jrue was absolutely torching the Blazers in the playoffs and shutting down whichever guard it was he was on in Lillard/CJ..

Jrue/NAW
    Beal/JJ/Frank
    Ingram/Hart
    Zion/Melli?
    Hayes/Favors?/Okafor?

Our starting lineup would be absolutely insane! I think another season of our young bench improving together will do wonders as well. I would like to bring in some more length at the wing backing up Ingram but I think Hart is capable of being that guy. I think Favors/Okafor would be a very solid duo to backup Hayes but I wouldn’t be against including Favors in a trade. I think we would be set at PG/SG/SF from starters to bench while having the starters at PF and C. I just don’t know what I would do about the backup bigs and that’s something I’d leave the front office to figure out with whatever assets we had remaining after acquiring Beal. The starting lineup for me would be untouchable and I think I would have to throw NAW in there as well. He would be our 6th man with the ability to play next to both Jrue and Beal while being our future starting guard. The roster could look slightly different then above but the core 6 of Jrue/Beal/Ingram/Zion/Hayes/NAW would be a dream for any GM to build around.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This is what I have been talking about for 2 years. I would rather keep Jrue over Ball while moving Ball and picks for Beal. I’m a big believer in Lonzo but I think if we were to pull off a trade adding Beal to our backcourt replacing Ball we are immediate NBA Finals contenders. Jrue and Beal compliment each other so well and gives us arguably the best back court in the prime of their careers to go alongside the best young wing duo BI/Zion with one just legally able to drink. In 1 season people forget how important Jrue was to this team but at the time it was being credited to Rondo lmao! Jrue was absolutely torching the Blazers in the playoffs and shutting down whichever guard it was he was on in Lillard/CJ..

Jrue/NAW
    Beal/JJ/Frank
    Ingram/Hart
    Zion/Melli?
    Hayes/Favors?/Okafor?

Our starting lineup would be absolutely insane! I think another season of our young bench improving together will do wonders as well. I would like to bring in some more length at the wing backing up Ingram but I think Hart is capable of being that guy. I think Favors/Okafor would be a very solid duo to backup Hayes but I wouldn’t be against including Favors in a trade. I think we would be set at PG/SG/SF from starters to bench while having the starters at PF and C. I just don’t know what I would do about the backup bigs and that’s something I’d leave the front office to figure out with whatever assets we had remaining after acquiring Beal. The starting lineup for me would be untouchable and I think I would have to throw NAW in there as well. He would be our 6th man with the ability to play next to both Jrue and Beal while being our future starting guard. The roster could look slightly different then above but the core 6 of Jrue/Beal/Ingram/Zion/Hayes/NAW would be a dream for any GM to build around.
    Why on Earth would Wiz want to pair Ball and Wall besides the fact their names rhyme? If you're gonna blow your load over a trade, make it one that's even the tiniest bit remotely feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Why on Earth would Wiz want to pair Ball and Wall besides the fact their names rhyme? If you're gonna blow your load over a trade, make it one that's even the tiniest bit remotely feasible.
    Pleas tell me how it isn’t remotely feasible? Did I say the Wizards would benefit from a Ball/Wall back court? No.. I said Ball would be part of the package and IMO a smart decision along with picks for the Wizards to rebuild. If they don’t want Ball we find a 3rd team to include in the deal. If they decide to take Wall then guess what? They also move Wall for other assets ha omg Ball replace a Wall at the point while adding multiple quality players and picks that would be included in a 2 separate packages for Wall and Beal. No way either stay with Wizards long and many teams out there would take the risk on Wall for some assets just not what he would have brought in pre injury. The Wizards Rui Hachimura, Thomas Bryant, and Tony Brown Jr. are 3 young players that would give you a solid start to the rebuild without all of the assets they will have by trading away 2 players that won’t be there much longer. How is it not remotely feasible? Because you think they are afraid of having Ball and Wall? That’s as stupid as it gets considering this is a rebuild. If Beal is moved Wall will be moved. The Wizards need to blow it up and will blow it up this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Pleas tell me how it isn’t remotely feasible? Did I say the Wizards would benefit from a Ball/Wall back court? No.. I said Ball would be part of the package and IMO a smart decision along with picks for the Wizards to rebuild. If they don’t want Ball we find a 3rd team to include in the deal. If they decide to take Wall then guess what? They also move Wall for other assets ha omg Ball replace a Wall at the point while adding multiple quality players and picks that would be included in a 2 separate packages for Wall and Beal. No way either stay with Wizards long and many teams out there would take the risk on Wall for some assets just not what he would have brought in pre injury. The Wizards Rui Hachimura, Thomas Bryant, and Tony Brown Jr. are 3 young players that would give you a solid start to the rebuild without all of the assets they will have by trading away 2 players that won’t be there much longer. How is it not remotely feasible? Because you think they are afraid of having Ball and Wall? That’s as stupid as it gets considering this is a rebuild. If Beal is moved Wall will be moved. The Wizards need to blow it up and will blow it up this summer.
    IF they do decide blow it up, there will be a million better offers than Ball and some middling 1st rounders

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    IF they do decide blow it up, there will be a million better offers than Ball and some middling 1st rounders
    No actually they don’t. We have other pieces like Favors who we could move adding more assets along with DiDi playing overseas. I would give up 2 extra 1st rounders over NAW if that’s what they wanted since I would rather keep him. If the deal revolves around Ball/NAW and a some picks I do it no question. NAW is one of my favorite players but if you can’t get Beal next to Jrue along with what we already have this team is instant contenders. Look at the teams right now in the conference Finals. Jrue/Beal/Ingram/Zion/Hayes can no doubt in my mind be a threat to take any team out in the playoffs especially if we land the right coach. I put that up against any 5 in the conference Finals. I just love when people act like players are not realistic and every single year you see some guys go for pennies and some for a lot. It literally happens every year and you are talking a team with arguably the most assets out there that won’t gut the entire team. Most teams out there who are contenders can’t come close to affording Beal without gutting the roster. Lots of teams already have their SGs. We aren’t competing with every team to get Beal just a reminder. Again we have arguably the best assets out there against anyone not including the few teams that could realistically get him and why it would make sense. Griffin is not scared to go make a big splash and why not at our biggest need?

You my boy, but this ain't the hill to die on. Guardian, what do you think the Lonzo current stock is around the league? Especially with his bubble play?

For example if we were competing with the Nets for Beal and their deal was

Levert/Allen/Dinwiddie/ future picks

Vs

At best Ball/Naw/Future pick, Future pick (can't use favors he is UFA)

If you are DC who are you choosing? The Pelicans will have to make their deal sweeter than other teams. Hell I'm just saying the Nets. What do you do against a Heat package of Robinson/Herro/Olynk/etc?
    Last edited by Silverfoxx; 09-18-2020 at 07:37 AM.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Thread Information