Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kellerman: Clippers should trade for Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Bidding war for Jrue? Yes please! I really think we trade him to BKN, and get Levert plus additional assets. Maybe a 3rd team gets involved and we better haul than what the nets can give us on their own ��
    Only if Levert were going to the 3rd team. He has talent, but is more injury prone than Eric Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    You my boy, but this ain't the hill to die on. Guardian, what do you think the Lonzo current stock is around the league? Especially with his bubble play?

For example if we were competing with the Nets for Beal and their deal was

Levert/Allen/Dinwiddie/ future picks

Vs

At best Ball/Naw/Future pick, Future pick (can't use favors he is UFA)

If you are DC who are you choosing? The Pelicans will have to make their deal sweeter than other teams. Hell I'm just saying the Nets. What do you do against a Heat package of Robinson/Herro/Olynk/etc?
    Again the Nets yea a contender that makes sense with actual assets. They would have to gut their team which maybe they would. We have way more picks to offer then they do as well. I?m just saying when you really look at the teams that would like to realistically trade for him including all playoff teams and some in our scenario. We have the most to offer. I think some executives really like what kind of game Ball has and what he can turn into. Levert is going to be 27 and Dinwiddie 28. Was Dinwiddie half of Lonzo at this age? I don?t think so and they offer a very similar skill set. The Wizards need to go into full rebuild mode and I?m not saying it?s Lonzo they want but there are some teams that are still in love with his potential with Phoenix GM as one. It might take a 3 team trade but Lonzo is still a valuable asset.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Again the Nets yea a contender that makes sense with actual assets. They would have to gut their team which maybe they would. We have way more picks to offer then they do as well. I?m just saying when you really look at the teams that would like to realistically trade for him including all playoff teams and some in our scenario. We have the most to offer. I think some executives really like what kind of game Ball has and what he can turn into. Levert is going to be 27 and Dinwiddie 28. Was Dinwiddie half of Lonzo at this age? I don?t think so and they offer a very similar skill set. The Wizards need to go into full rebuild mode and I?m not saying it?s Lonzo they want but there are some teams that are still in love with his potential with Phoenix GM as one. It might take a 3 team trade but Lonzo is still a valuable asset.
    I hear you man.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Only if Levert were going to the 3rd team. He has talent, but is more injury prone than Eric Gordon.
    Also requires touches to be effective. He is a iso scorer

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Mental midget? Do you feel the same about Kevin Love?
    Do you think the perfectly valid health problems Kevin Love has dealt with is the same thing as someone who crumbles under pressure every time the regular season ends?

LoL people overreact so much it?s ridiculous. Let?s pretend Paul George is trash now because of a few bad games in the craziest NBA season ever where most players didn?t even have access to a hoop during Covid.
    By all means, you are welcome to your belief that Paul George is a playoff hero who consistently rises to the occasion when he is needed most, possessing the competitive fire of MJ and IQ of Lebron and Kobe combined, who always holds himself accountable when he makes terrible plays, respects the criticisms of his teammates when he doesn't, and is the perfect age for our young roster and with the requisite leadership skills to take them to the promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    Do you think the perfectly valid health problems Kevin Love has dealt with is the same thing as someone who crumbles under pressure every time the regular season ends?

By all means, you are welcome to your belief that Paul George is a playoff hero who consistently rises to the occasion when he is needed most, possessing the competitive fire of MJ and IQ of Lebron and Kobe combined, who always holds himself accountable when he makes terrible plays, respects the criticisms of his teammates when he doesn't, and is the perfect age for our young roster and with the requisite leadership skills to take them to the promised land.
    You saying Paul George has not dealt with the same thing as Kevin Love? https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/8/...yoffs-clippers

Do better Skip.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 09-18-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    You saying Paul George has not dealt with the same thing as Kevin Love? https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/8/...yoffs-clippers

Do better Skip.
    You saying "Playoff P" wasn't the most ironic self-given nickname in the NBA looong before they were playing in the bubble?

Try harder, slugger.

You saying "Playoff P" wasn't the most ironic self-given nickname in the NBA looong before they were playing in the bubble?

Try harder, slugger.
    Paul George filmed an advertisement for Gatorade in which he hit a buzzer beater to win a game, before he had ever hit a buzzer beater in a real game.

He deserves slander.
    Basketball.

Again where did I said I wanted Paul George on this team or that he was a playoff hero? So now we are comparing PG13 to Kobe and MJ? LoL man what a good point you got there! I love how you know the inside of the organization and how he acts with his teammates in the locker room? He had a bad playoff series along with tons of other stars in this very odd year with weeks to prepare after months of being off. We have our Paul George in Ingram and I don’t see a need for him but if we did we could absolutely make it work and be a dangerous team. You have nothing to backup anything you are saying outside of some bad playoff games and without this crazy year it’s not many times where he plays bad. Oh and that he’s not Kobe or MJ..

This is a stupid conversation to have about PG in the first place. No way do the Clippers move him. This team was thrown together last minute and again had the weirdest and toughest year to play through. They will come back and try again at least once more. Everything else you hear is nothing but ESPN “rumors” that 99% of the time mean nothing.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 09-19-2020 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Paul George filmed an advertisement for Gatorade in which he hit a buzzer beater to win a game, before he had ever hit a buzzer beater in a real game.

He deserves slander.
    About as dumb as it gets! So Paul George filming a commercial that made more $ then you might ever see means he deserves slander? Lol ok! We all know you are as bias as it gets and cringe every time BI has a good game but come on this was a little ......

Strawmen are fun.
    They sure are.

About as dumb as it gets! So Paul George filming a commercial that made more $ then you might ever see means he deserves slander? Lol ok! We all know you are as bias as it gets and cringe every time BI has a good game but come on this was a little ......
    When dumb athletes do dumb things and/or make fools out of themselves they get a pass not to be mocked for what reason?

When dumb athletes do dumb things and/or make fools out of themselves they get a pass not to be mocked for what reason?
    No you don't understand.

Paul George is rich. That means he is beyond criticism. Being rich means you're perfect. If someone has earned more money than you, keep your mouth shut and don't disrespect your superiors.

Also requires touches to be effective. He is a iso scorer
    He could be really effective with the second unit

The Franchise
    I think it depends on Wizards game plan. Is it youth or a mixture of youth and veterans or picks. Would 8 (if ball goes to knicks), 13, NAW, Melli, and Miller work if they are going full rebuild. They could draft Vassell, Williams, and whatever point guard they like and start a solid young team. Kira, Vassell, pat williams, Rui, Bryant is a good start and they save money by dropping Miller.

Doing a commercial for Gatorade and making a buzzer beater shot is making a fool out of himself? Lol the only person that sounds like a fool is you. I guess he should have just told Gatorade no I want to drop my sponsorship with you guys and not do a commercial where I make a buzzer beater. Lol how stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    No you don't understand.

Paul George is rich. That means he is beyond criticism. Being rich means you're perfect. If someone has earned more money than you, keep your mouth shut and don't disrespect your superiors.
    How in any way did your post make sense? Please explain.. we are talking a commercial! Maybe Blake Griffin should have never signed with KIA since he doesn’t drive one. Shaw is a fool for making $100+ million on his stupid commercials. This is what athletes do. It’s called a sponsorship deal and what I would normally say after that would be R rated. You make absolutely zero sense. Most have seen through the craziness you post outside of the good game day threads. Don’t hit yourself cat when BI starts getting commercials..

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I think it depends on Wizards game plan. Is it youth or a mixture of youth and veterans or picks. Would 8 (if ball goes to knicks), 13, NAW, Melli, and Miller work if they are going full rebuild. They could draft Vassell, Williams, and whatever point guard they like and start a solid young team. Kira, Vassell, pat williams, Rui, Bryant is a good start and they save money by dropping Miller.
    I think this is a type of deal that could definitely get it down. IMO the Wizards are in a good spot right now and a team like us offers very good value. I don’t see anyway they want to compete immediately. They should be worrying about building around there last few 1st round picks who have been very solid and good picks. They trade Beal and add more picks along with young talent. Wall will be healthy this season and even with his injury history will have teams offering assets wether they decide to take them or continue to roll with Ball. Like you said this doesn’t have to be a 2 team deal and can involve multiple teams. This happens all the time. All I’m saying is you add Beal to our core and we are instant contenders while still having plenty of picks and some good young players. Hate to move NAW but for Beal I don’t hesitate.

I think this is a type of deal that could definitely get it down. IMO the Wizards are in a good spot right now and a team like us offers very good value. I don’t see anyway they want to compete immediately. They should be worrying about building around there last few 1st round picks who have been very solid and good picks. They trade Beal and add more picks along with young talent. Wall will be healthy this season and even with his injury history will have teams offering assets wether they decide to take them or continue to roll with Ball. Like you said this doesn’t have to be a 2 team deal and can involve multiple teams. This happens all the time. All I’m saying is you add Beal to our core and we are instant contenders while still having plenty of picks and some good young players. Hate to move NAW but for Beal I don’t hesitate.
    Wall has 3 years left at an average salary of 44 MILLION DOLLARS. For an injury prone guy who can't really shoot.

And you say teams will be lining up to give assets get him? With the Covid cap contraction on top of it all?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Wall has 3 years left at an average salary of 44 MILLION DOLLARS. For an injury prone guy who can't really shoot.

And you say teams will be lining up to give assets get him? With the Covid cap contraction on top of it all?

Did I say teams will be lining up? No.. I can guarantee there will be a few teams interested in acquiring him if all checks out medically.. not saying they get a lot for Wall and maybe it’s the Wizards giving assets to move him if they want to move on. Either way I don’t see anyway the Wizards aren’t ready to go into rebuild mode by trying to move Beal and eventually Wall if not using the amnesty clause on him.

Did I say teams will be lining up? No.. I can guarantee there will be a few teams interested in acquiring him if all checks out medically.. not saying they get a lot for Wall and maybe it’s the Wizards giving assets to move him if they want to move on. Either way I don’t see anyway the Wizards aren’t ready to go into rebuild mode by trying to move Beal and eventually Wall if not using the amnesty clause on him.
    Semantics. You first said teams would give assets to Washington to get Wall, now it's Wizards giving assets to move Wall, to finally using the amnesty clause.

Which hasn't existed for 5 years.

There is not a single team who would be interested in Wall considering his contract, body and flaws. Unless it's to gather assets. Please stop with your ridiculous proposals

ok maybe the lolKnicks but they don't count
    Last edited by AusPel; 09-20-2020 at 07:51 AM.

The Franchise
    If Washington goes full rebuild they would want to tank as well for next year. I think they just keep Wall because they need salary. If I were them I’d trade for horford for a next year pick too. In 3 years Wall and horford come off the books and the youngsters got pivotal playing time. Cunningham, Vassell, Pat Williams, Rui sounds nice.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    He could be really effective with the second unit
    Would he be fine with this?

Would he be fine with this?
    What's his role gonna be with KD and Kyrie back?

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    If Washington goes full rebuild they would want to tank as well for next year. I think they just keep Wall because they need salary. If I were them I’d trade for horford for a next year pick too. In 3 years Wall and horford come off the books and the youngsters got pivotal playing time. Cunningham, Vassell, Pat Williams, Rui sounds nice.
    Exactly! Some people can’t understand this because they have a complex of just trying to be right. Really nobody knows wth is going to happen with Wall and the Wizards best interest is to pretend like he isn’t there right now. Doing that would be acquiring as many assets they can and hope Wall can showcase himself some and offer some type of bonus later. He comes back next season playing well while staying healthy and knocking another year off his deal you can bet there will be some teams interested. IMO Washington is in a great position right now. The Wizards are not as good as where we were at the time of our trade but can definitely put themselves in a great position to go in the right direction and rebuild that team.

On top of the players you listed this teams main core of youth is very promising..

To lead the group of the Wizards young core is the first basketball player ever from Japan Rui Hachimura a 22 year old 6’8 SF/PF who played like a beast his rookie season making the all rookie team. He plays a lot of small ball 4 with his 7’2 wingspan and showed lots of promise in his rookie season averaging 14 points and 6 rebounds..
    Taken with the Wizards 2018 15th pick was Troy Brown Jr. a 21 year old 6’6 SF/SG.. He progressed this year in his 2nd season showing nice improvement in year 2 that he can be the player they drafted.
    Acquired as part of a 3 team deal in the the 2018 draft is Jerome Robinson 23 year old 6’4 PG who put together a decent season for a youngster as well by again continuing to improve early in his career.
    They acquired 3 players with potential I believe for nothing in a trade from the Lakers just to make room for AD. Two of those acquisitions were 23 year old big men entering year 3 in Moritz Wagner and Thomas Bryant. Wagner has good potential and can be used as a stretch 6’11 PF/C..
    Thomas Bryant looks like he can cause some serious problems playing like an absolute beast later in the season. He had at one point had a 31 point game going 14-14 FG tying the 4th most ever made without a miss and only Wilt Chamberlain ever exceeded more. He’s a 6’10 Center with lots of potential and will fit great next to Rui going forward.
    Also like the previous 2 acquired from the Lakers for nothing is Isaac Bonga. He is only 20 years old and some believe he has star potential. He is 6’8 with with a 7’ wingspan and PG abilities with the versatility to play 1-3. As he grows into his body some more he can be a very versatile player for the Wizards going forward as a PG/SG/SF..

This right here shows the Wizards are ready to go young and build for the future. Beal and Wall
    will not be there and if we were all Wizards fans we would be begging to trade them and go with the youth as well. They already have some nice pieces so imagine once they add a few more 1st round picks on top of theirs along with a couple of good young players. The Wizards could be a few years away from being the new Denver Nuggets. Beal will be traded this summer and Griffin is aggressive as he has shown in the past. We are in a position to be aggressive and go get that 1 player that could elevate us to contender status. We have the assets to do it and I say go get Beal and let’s compete for some titles.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 09-21-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Thread Information