Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lonzo Ball has signed with Klutch Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Sure, but again, we have reason to suspect more aggressive tactics and higher valuations from Klutch players than from other agents. The reason we have justification in believing that is that there are so many high profile examples of Klutch players getting hugely overvalued contracts, with disturbing regularity, as well as the experience we as a franchise have with Klutch and its representatives.

I will repeat: does that mean there is definitely 100% something going on with this Klutch move? No, of course not. Does it mean that if someone is a bit suspicious, they may have some justifiable reason for that suspicion? Yes.
    It's probably a bunch of nothing. I hope he demands a trade, but he probably won't.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Why are people focusing on Lonzo's fit with Jrue? Why are we focusing on building around a player that will probably be 31 years old by the end of next season? Personally I think they both should be traded.
    I agree but I?m letting Jrue decide if he wants to stay and rebuild but If there is one person our young kids could learn some work ethics from I?d like it to be Jrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Dae... Put down the tinfoil.

AD forced a trade out of NOLA... Himself. Not Klutch. Because we was a trash organization.

Kamara is with Klutch and he resigned with us. AD stuff is in the past.
    LoL acting like Lonzo needs to go hide behind Klutch just so he can leave Nola? What kind of sense does that made at all?! Like he give a bleep about the blowback from the Pelicans fan base if he decides to sign a deal with a new team.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    If Lonzo signs an extension this offseason for 12-14 million, I think you keep him. If he wants more field offers. You don?t have to rush it since we could trade him at the trade deadline or a sign and trade next year. The thing for me is I don?t think him and Jrue fit together.

As for Jrue at pg. I think it?s fine. He only has to bring the ball up court then give to Ingram. I?m sure he can run some pick and rolls too and be a creator at the end of games like he?s been doing. My thing is we need to have a shooter at the other guard position. I?m kinda started leaning towards Kira Lewis in the draft so if that was to happen we could move on from Zo and Jrue stays at the 2.
    I 100% agree with this. Jrue can easily play PG and if he does you put a SG position next to him who can knock down the 3 at 40%+ rate and handle some of the ball duties with an ability to create for others when needed. Maybe we believe we have that guy on the roster in NAW who can be a very good fit next to Jrue going forward. My 2nd option is if we move on for Lonzo is use our assets and go get Bradley Beal. You give them anybody but Zion, Ingram, and Jrue. No you don?t give them every asset but 1 Lonzo would be included along with likely NAW and multiple 1st round picks which we have.

Washington goes into rebuild mode with Lonzo and a 2nd year guard with a ton of potential to replace Beal and Wall who they will then trade once healthy. I think we can offer them the best package for a rebuild without gutting ourselves. The Pelicans getting Beal makes us instant contenders imo. That would be 3 proven all stars in Jrue/Beal/Ingram with 2 in the prime of their careers and 1 years away. Then you add Zion who would benefit big time from this trade as well. I have said this before that Beal is a top 3 back court mate next to Holiday. I do think NAW is a sleeper who could benefit working with Jrue for an off-season similar to Frank. The great thing is this team has a lot of options with more assets than we have ever had. You can believe Griffin and Langdon are just sitting around but they are smarter then you and will be working day and night to figure these exact issues out.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    LoL acting like Lonzo needs to go hide behind Klutch just so he can leave Nola? What kind of sense does that made at all?! Like he give a bleep about the blowback from the Pelicans fan base if he decides to sign a deal with a new team.
    If he were about to be a free agent, that would be true but he's got a year on his contract before he's a restricted free agent so if the goal is to maximize an extension/get out of NO then he needs to create leverage to do so. Personally, I doubt he's dying to get out...his time in a big market was a disaster and his game blossomed here during that one stretch where he was actually semi-good. Plus, a pass-first PG would be pretty crazy to leave Zion. I think he clearly has issues with representation and is just trying to find the right guy.

Thread Information